NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Another issue with the NX

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 05:11 PM
Lexuspa3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another issue with the NX

The NX is very dangerous to drive as people swerve into your lane because they are too busy staring at the awesome design. I haven't driven the car too much yet , but this has happened to me 2X now
Old 12-29-14, 05:45 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Time for a dash cam.
Old 12-29-14, 08:26 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha! Reminds me of my '73 Grand Am with the louvered windows and squishable nose!
Old 12-30-14, 07:24 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Haha! Reminds me of my '73 Grand Am with the louvered windows and squishable nose!
Off topic, but my dad had a '73 Grand Am sedan with the clown nose. Ascot Silver w/ red interior and "Genuine African Crossfire Mahogany Wood" (veneer that regularly peeled off the dash). It had the 400 4 barrel and he used to let me drive it to school. He used to have toothpicks and Kleenex stuck all over the interior to minimize the rattles. I didn't care. I was in heaven!

The interior fell apart but the car ran strong for decades.
Old 12-30-14, 07:27 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

To answer the original poster, when someone is in my blindspot studying my GS I intentionally swerve a bit into their lane so they will either pass or fall behind. Anyone who is swerving coming toward me is probably texting.
Old 12-30-14, 07:34 PM
sleepyking
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was definitely 'mirin' when I saw one yesterday. Thankfully I was getting in my car when one passed by
Old 12-30-14, 07:55 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
To answer the original poster, when someone is in my blindspot studying my GS I intentionally swerve a bit into their lane so they will either pass or fall behind. Anyone who is swerving coming toward me is probably texting.
OMG, (people in my blindspot, studying my GS) that happens to me all the time.
Old 01-01-15, 08:05 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by islandbeef
OMG, (people in my blindspot, studying my GS) that happens to me all the time.
It's both flattering and annoying... and possibly dangerous.
Old 01-02-15, 01:54 AM
bikerida
Driver School Candidate

Default agree! have noticed lanes changes are easy--cars behind you let move over so they ca

Originally Posted by Lexuspa3
The NX is very dangerous to drive as people swerve into your lane because they are too busy staring at the awesome design. I haven't driven the car too much yet , but this has happened to me 2X now
Cars let you move in front so they can check out the nx. Have noted while on the freeway other lexus drivers, bmws and acuras like to sit behind my nx or drive along side checking it out. Left it parked outside an rei store in sacramento and an hour later came back to find some folks parked next to checking out the nx. It gets attention!
Old 01-05-15, 03:56 PM
mindanalyz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexuspa3
I used to experience the same phenomenon with my late Pontiac Aztec, so who knows ... they might be staring at the ugliness ... just kidding
Old 01-05-15, 08:44 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mindanalyz
I used to experience the same phenomenon with my late Pontiac Aztec, so who knows ... they might be staring at the ugliness ... just kidding
Just like people stop for trainwrecks.
Old 01-05-15, 10:22 PM
mindanalyz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dseag2
Just like people stop for trainwrecks.
I can visualize their thought process "damn, dat an ugly mf; the f-port model resembles the son of predator and alien. Ups, we almost crash"

just kidding
Old 01-06-15, 04:41 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Called Progressive the other day after taking delivery of my F-Sport. Give the guy the VIN and everything, he says they cannot find the car/model in the system. Asks me to hold on while he talks to his supervisor.

After being on hold, he comes back on the phone and asks, did you get the F-Sport, I say yes. He says while I was waiting he looked it up on the Internet and that F-Sport is amazing, I was like thanks. Just to note Progressive said they would insure it, but cant actually enter all the info in till they get a system update with the car.

I think people are looking the car over when they see it because they have not seen advertisements or commercials or anything. Since Lexus hasn't started any real commercials yet, people are just amazed when they see it. The only commercial I saw was at the end when the NX pulls up in the front of the other models, no mention of what it is or anything. Also 95% of the time, that commercial has an RC pulling up instead of the NX.
Old 01-06-15, 07:49 AM
Lizzler
Driver School Candidate

First Lexus NX commercial
Old 01-06-15, 12:21 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

Originally Posted by mindanalyz
I can visualize their thought process "damn, dat an ugly mf; the f-port model resembles the son of predator and alien.
I won't be surprised if some drivers have this exact thought process. Spindle grille has been love it or hate it design since day one and NX has the most prominent one so far. I am sure there are still those who cannot stand this design. I happen to find spindle grille quite bold, exciting and some attitude in it otherwise I would not have gotten NX.

Originally Posted by DenM54
Called Progressive the other day after taking delivery of my F-Sport. Give the guy the VIN and everything, he says they cannot find the car/model in the system. Asks me to hold on while he talks to his supervisor.
Luckily USAA had all the information to get my car insured in December.

Quick Reply: Another issue with the NX