NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Another issue with the NX

Old 01-06-15, 07:11 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

You should have asked to talk to "Flo". She knows everything.
Ray A.

Called Progressive the other day after taking delivery of my F-Sport. Give the guy the VIN and everything, he says they cannot find the car/model in the system. Asks me to hold on while he talks to his supervisor.
Old 01-07-15, 05:02 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raylor4
You should have asked to talk to "Flo". She knows everything.
Ray A.

Called Progressive the other day after taking delivery of my F-Sport. Give the guy the VIN and everything, he says they cannot find the car/model in the system. Asks me to hold on while he talks to his supervisor.
Ha...Good Point
Old 01-16-15, 07:28 PM
Lizzler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I can't change lanes in my NX!

I just picked up my NX F Sport from Lexus of Queens, NYC tonight after work!! Super excited. It's my first Lexus and I'm in love. But on the way home I discovered it's really hard to change lanes when highway driving. Every time I tried to get over the car in the adjacent lane would either speed up or slow to stay positioned alongside me to continue their drooling and ogling. One toyota driver's passenger was so far leaned over into the driver's seat she was looking out of the driver side window. Other NX owners, how long do you think this phenomenon will last??
Old 01-16-15, 08:59 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Another poster in another thread mentioned this same phenomenon. It's given the term "head turner" a whole new meaning.
Ray A.
Old 01-17-15, 06:53 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

Maybe I am in minority but I really have not had the head turning experience yet though my wife claims she observed some pedestrians took a notice of NX. But I got nice compliment yesterday at a gas station from a guy driving BMW 335 coupe. He was trying to figure out from the shape of the headlight what kind of car I was driving.
Old 01-17-15, 07:04 PM
bostonb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
Maybe I am in minority but I really have not had the head turning experience yet though my wife claims she observed some pedestrians took a notice of NX. But I got nice compliment yesterday at a gas station from a guy driving BMW 335 coupe. He was trying to figure out from the shape of the headlight what kind of car I was driving.
I haven't really noticed many drivers trying to look at my NX while I'm on the road, but then again, everyone here in Boston drives really nice cars. It's a rich city in my opinion. I did get a compliment from the person who did my state inspection the other day (it was done at a place other than my dealership). It was funny because when I got there, he said the inspection sticker wait is about 2 hours. Then when he saw my registration, he asked, "Is that an F Sport?" When I said yes, he said, "I can take you in right now." Lol
Old 01-18-15, 11:08 AM
nx200tmb
Driver School Candidate

The NX is nice, but it's got that Battlestar Galactica grill that can be good or bad, depending on your preferences. I did not like the F-sport grill at all.

So far I'm really enjoying the NX, but do miss the space of the RX.
Old 01-18-15, 11:25 AM
bostonb
Rookie

Originally Posted by nx200tmb
The NX is nice, but it's got that Battlestar Galactica grill that can be good or bad, depending on your preferences. I did not like the F-sport grill at all.

So far I'm really enjoying the NX, but do miss the space of the RX.
Yeah, it's really a love it or hate it front grille. That said, I found the F Sport front grille to be very bold and striking. The base model, for me at least, was a bit too pointy and resembled a nurse shark. It was the first NX I saw when I visited my dealership for the first time to inquire about the NX and it reaffirmed my decision to go with the F Sport.

Last edited by bostonb; 01-18-15 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-19-15, 05:44 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder what the chances are of a stone coming in through the F-Sport grill and causing damage to the condenser and maybe the radiator ?

I recall putting a screen in the under part of my RX's grill because of reported stone problems doing damage as reported in the CL RX forum.

Maybe Lexus fixed the problem I'd like to think ?
Old 01-19-15, 09:05 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
I wonder what the chances are of a stone coming in through the F-Sport grill and causing damage to the condenser and maybe the radiator ?

I recall putting a screen in the under part of my RX's grill because of reported stone problems doing damage as reported in the CL RX forum.

Just happened to come across a owner from MinKara Carview (Japan) who replaces the grill of a regular NX with a F-Sport grill.

There is a picture behind the grille. Maybe it answers your question?

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...ote.aspx#title
Old 01-19-15, 11:40 PM
blknwhte
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bostonb
Yeah, it's really a love it or hate it front grille. That said, I found the F Sport front grille to be very bold and striking. The base model, for me at least, was a bit too pointy and resembled a nurse shark. It was the first NX I saw when I visited my dealership for the first time to inquire about the NX and it reaffirmed my decision to go with the F Sport.
I agree about the pointyness of the regular grille, I feel like the European models look perfect with the regular grille because of the bumper/fog light trim. So much so that I would actually just go for the F-Sport instead too and/or wait hoping they introduce it to the NA models within the next few years.. If only.. Imagine the head turning that would happen then
Old 01-20-15, 04:45 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482

No different from any other car on the road. You will always have rocks coming in and hitting the fins on the radiator. Take a look at any car with 50,000 miles on them, and their radiator looks like a mine field. However, the overall surface area of the heat exchanger is large enough that having the dents will not impact the overall ability of it to function.

If something is going to hurt your radiator, it has to be big, and its probably going to destroy your grille also.

That being said, the grille on these cars is huge. it is certainly going to be a rock catcher. I already have an appt with my clear bra guy the minute it arrives, but you can't really cover a grill. the poor thing is going to be pelted to death.
Old 10-19-17, 04:23 PM
garne2t
Driver School Candidate

Default Grill

I still own an RX300 and considering upgrading to NX. In my RX300, I did have a problem once where I had to replace my radiator due to a rock strike that caused a leak. Has this been a frequent occurrence with the NX? The other thing that concerns me is whether the NX grill sustains a lot of damage from parallel parked cars bumping it?
Old 10-20-17, 12:24 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by garne2t
I still own an RX300 and considering upgrading to NX. In my RX300, I did have a problem once where I had to replace my radiator due to a rock strike that caused a leak. Has this been a frequent occurrence with the NX? The other thing that concerns me is whether the NX grill sustains a lot of damage from parallel parked cars bumping it?
Any car will sustain damage with enough hits from parallel parkers. Get a bumpshox or equivalents on Amazon. Get bumperbully for the rear. If you’re serious and don’t care about the look, get bullbars. The best way to prevent hits from parallel parkers is to be very selective where you park. And even when you are selective, you can still get hit from a bad parker. An old driver bumped into my front bumper even though he had a backup camera and car had more than enough room to get in the hydrant spot (which he shouldn’t have parked in the first place). He also was completely oblivious that he backed into me. I got out and gave him a piece of mind. Luckily, he bumped into my bumptek license plate protector. However, continual hits to the bumper (the force) will cause the bumper to be shifted a little, you may notice the line gap between the bumper and front fender to look off.