NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Test drove a 200t f-sport today

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 08:00 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Test drove a 200t f-sport today

Loved the car, loved how it drove. Didn't have crazy power but I'm fine with that. Although the cargo area was tiny it would still work for me but what I didn't like was the price tag. 44k seemed high. I've seen lease prices on Lexus for 3500 down and 349 a month but south bay Lexus wanted 4000 down and 499 a month...monthly was too high. Also test drove a 2015 highlander xle which had more room, 3rd row and was going for 36k...just didn't look as sexy as the NX. The car of the NX was atomic silver, sexy color. I think I'll give it some time to drop in price since its new
Old 12-18-14, 11:27 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

The $44k might seem high, but if you at the pricing on the competitive set (X3, Q5, GLK, MKC, RDX) it's right in the ballpark. Maybe even a little lower.
Old 12-20-14, 12:57 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

I thought it was suppose to come in at the mid to high 30's...I liked the car both inside and out. Trunk side lacked and the power wasn't impressive but styling overtook that for me and for a mid city vehicle I liked it but not for 44k.
Old 12-20-14, 04:36 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ Yeah, pricing now is not ideal if you're looking for a reduction, yet it's the "price to pay" for the novelty aspect. and I would expect this to be the case for at least the next 6 months. Despite full MSRP, NX pricing still undercuts a portion of the competition.

The latest Highlander is a great value with near-Lexus RX-like interior fit/finish and ride quality, with tonnes of 7 or 8-passenger room, but obviously a different crossover in a different class. Practical Space vs Passionate Style.... depends on your priority/needs. Good luck in your decision.
Old 12-20-14, 08:21 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

I agree. Overall the highlander is nice but no Lexus....I think the wife will get it while I'll wait for better deals on the nx or get a is250...the wife's between the highlander and the Volvo xc60
Old 12-20-14, 10:03 AM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
I agree. Overall the highlander is nice but no Lexus....I think the wife will get it while I'll wait for better deals on the nx or get a is250...the wife's between the highlander and the Volvo xc60
What year and engine are you guys considering for the XC60? 2015 with Drive e FWD? Or the AWD version? I have the 2010 3.0L T6AWD and actually contemplating on the NX...I tried looking to uograde to the Drive e engine but at this time AWD only available to the 2.5LT5 or 3.0L T6

I need a more fuel efficient engine and the 3.0L is just heavy on gas
Old 12-20-14, 06:18 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

I test drove a 200T executive today. Must say I'm not impressed. Yes it has a nice ride and lots of toys )no folding mirrors though), but it just doesn't have the punch I was expecting. Nothing like a V6. Salesman mentioned all the inventory they have is spoken for, but 3 deals were not closed for that reason. They took the RX instead.

Also found the interior tight. Was parked beside my '09 RX and is about the same length overall, but a lot narrower, making it cozy inside. The drivers seat went way back; didn't check out the back seat room though.. And that display; man it looks so much like an afterthought. The front end is contentious at the least.

May just wait until Spring and get an RX.
Old 12-20-14, 10:01 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ I can see the appeal of the RX's V6 over a Turbo 4-banger, plus factor in interior room/cargo, ride, and better incentives at this time, and the RX is arguably the better (objective) value.
Old 12-21-14, 12:34 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Originally Posted by tekbiss
What year and engine are you guys considering for the XC60? 2015 with Drive e FWD? Or the AWD version? I have the 2010 3.0L T6AWD and actually contemplating on the NX...I tried looking to uograde to the Drive e engine but at this time AWD only available to the 2.5LT5 or 3.0L T6

I need a more fuel efficient engine and the 3.0L is just heavy on gas
E-fwd T5....24 city And 31 hwy...so wants A SUV with great mpgs and so far that had it...BUT it didn't have a lot of other things and by the time you add them it'll be lose to 50k...semi fully loaded Highlander is around 37-39 and it larger but mpgs are decent...the Toyota will have a better resale value as opposed to the Volvo...even though the Volvo we might lease but were not sure yet...also thinking about a second baby so we will see.
Old 12-21-14, 12:41 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Originally Posted by JasDmw
I test drove a 200T executive today. Must say I'm not impressed. Yes it has a nice ride and lots of toys )no folding mirrors though), but it just doesn't have the punch I was expecting. Nothing like a V6. Salesman mentioned all the inventory they have is spoken for, but 3 deals were not closed for that reason. They took the RX instead.

Also found the interior tight. Was parked beside my '09 RX and is about the same length overall, but a lot narrower, making it cozy inside. The drivers seat went way back; didn't check out the back seat room though.. And that display; man it looks so much like an afterthought. The front end is contentious at the least.

May just wait until Spring and get an RX.
I didn't except much as far as power. Don't know if a is250 is crazy fast but for me I wanted a SUV that doesn't drive like a SUV but more like a car and has cargo room, its not a lot but the damn car just looks sexy to me.
Old 12-21-14, 05:58 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I didn't except much as far as power. Don't know if a is250 is crazy fast but for me I wanted a SUV that doesn't drive like a SUV but more like a car and has cargo room, its not a lot but the damn car just looks sexy to me.
Is250 is peppy for me, but lethargic for some. My past CT was adequate too.

It goes to show how varied our needs and expectations are and the morale of the story here is that not one vehicle can possibly satisfy all needs.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 12-21-14 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-21-14, 10:51 AM
Wagnerian
Rookie

also thinking about a second baby so we will see.
I have a feeling if you get a new baby NX might be a little tight. I thought with more Lexus dealers in Los Angeles area (You mentioned South Bay Lexus. I believe that is the one on PCH. I am just saying because I graduated from a high school down the road) you might find some discount even on NX. No such luck where I live because there are only three Lexus dealers and two are owned by the same company.
Old 12-21-14, 01:12 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Is250 is peppy for me, but lethargic for some. My past CT was adequate too.

It goes to show how varied our needs and expectations are and the morale of the story here is that not one vehicle can possibly satisfy all needs.
Very true...

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
I have a feeling if you get a new baby NX might be a little tight. I thought with more Lexus dealers in Los Angeles area (You mentioned South Bay Lexus. I believe that is the one on PCH. I am just saying because I graduated from a high school down the road) you might find some discount even on NX. No such luck where I live because there are only three Lexus dealers and two are owned by the same company.
It will be tight with 2 kids but I'm a sedan type of guy but thought why not a change... its sporty and drives like a car...our issue with first finding a compact SUV with rest ac...mazda cx5 Acura rdx and a few more don't have it...I was also thinking of a used 2012 Lexus es350 but wanted something g fresh for now...I'd lease my car while my wife would most likely get the highlander now since I took her yesterday to check them out.... did you go to south high?
Old 12-21-14, 05:07 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

It will be tight with 2 kids but I'm a sedan type of guy but thought why not a change... its sporty and drives like a car...our issue with first finding a compact SUV with rest ac...mazda cx5 Acura rdx and a few more don't have it...I was also thinking of a used 2012 Lexus es350 but wanted something g fresh for now...I'd lease my car while my wife would most likely get the highlander now since I took her yesterday to check them out.... did you go to south high?
Yes NX is sporty enough for me and drives like a car. In terms of pure sportiness X3 probably has upper hand but I like the fresh look on NX. Also Lexus reliability played a key part in my decision. I had es350 loaner a few days ago while NX was getting chip protection and window tinted and I have to say it is a fine car but not sporty enough for me. And yes I went to south high.
Old 12-22-14, 04:52 PM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
Yes NX is sporty enough for me and drives like a car. In terms of pure sportiness X3 probably has upper hand but I like the fresh look on NX. Also Lexus reliability played a key part in my decision. I had es350 loaner a few days ago while NX was getting chip protection and window tinted and I have to say it is a fine car but not sporty enough for me. And yes I went to south high.
I agree with you completely...test drove the 200T today (non F sport but with Luxury package) with the wife as well as drove the X3 and we were both split - I preferred the NX while the wife preferred the X3. Honestly, the X3 felt more "truck or SUV-like" than the NX which felt more like a car. Both had a firmer ride than our XC60 but the X3 had that "european" suspension feeling and rode similar to our Volvo while NX you could tell was more "japanese" tuned-sport inspired.

We compared both the looks and features and I must say that NX had better value for money than the X3 (not that the X3 was bad) but you just get more features on the NX than X3 for say the same price (options & package wise). Plus, I liked the edgier and more modern look and sportiness of NX than X3 which looked more elegant but bland/safe. Not to mention, the NX looked wicked with those 3-L led headlights & led fog lamps & high beam LEDs! I just think at the end of the day it'll boil down to which car has the best value for money plus the reliability-track record so might end up with the NX...I also told my wife that if the X3 felt very similar to our XC60 in terms of driving then why even switch to the X3?

Last edited by tekbiss; 12-22-14 at 04:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Test drove a 200t f-sport today