NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Side-Mirror-Tilt in Reverse and Other Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 01:25 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NX Side-Mirror-Tilt in Reverse and Other Tricks

I noticed my side mirrors were not tilting down in reverse, and grabbed my window sticker which is in the back floorboard - sure enough I supposedly have them.

Grabbed my owners manual - In order for the side mirrors to tilt down in reverse, the mirror switch on the drivers door has to be either on L or on R - tilting does not work if that L - R switch is in the middle/neutral position. Once I figured that out, I also figured out you can SET the tilt angle. Put the car in reverse, adjust the Left Mirror to your tilt position, adjust the Right Mirror to your tilt position, it will be saved. Put it back in park and it goes back to normal.

Maybe others knew this procedure, but it is not that way on my 14 IS 350, so news to me... maybe this will help some one out.

Maybe a good thread for hidden bennies and other cool little things.
The following users liked this post:
Doug007 (11-25-17)
Old 12-17-14, 04:23 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info. I was wondering about this myself. Even though it is rare for me to parallel park I find side window tilt down feature to be quite useful.
Old 12-17-14, 04:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

My wife loves this feature on our current and past RXs, and she absolutely wanted it on the NX or it could have been a deal breaker! Thankfully it's there though she would have liked power folding mirrors too which we don't get in the NA. market. It's been a useful Lexus feature for 10+ years though it's only available with the Memory seat package across the Lexus line up.
Old 12-17-14, 11:40 PM
lilfool
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
My wife loves this feature on our current and past RXs, and she absolutely wanted it on the NX or it could have been a deal breaker! Thankfully it's there though she would have liked power folding mirrors too which we don't get in the NA. market. It's been a useful Lexus feature for 10+ years though it's only available with the Memory seat package across the Lexus line up.
Yeah idk why they didn't include the power folding mirrors for NA as all other countries have it. On our RX F-Sport its a nice touch and it gave visual confirmation that the doors are locked. Plus it just looks fancy! haha
Old 12-18-14, 03:37 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to know the tilting feature is in there. That's something I did like about the RX.

Bummed about no power folding mirrors. Wife and I park opposite directions in the garage, so it's always a pain putting the baby in the car seat as we have to make sure the side mirror and rear door don't hit. I guess it's possible that things will line up differently with a new car in there.
Old 03-09-17, 09:12 PM
toonchew
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My driver mirror did not set after adjusting it (when in reverse; tilted). The passenger set just fine. No idea why. It's aiming way too low for my taste. Not sure what to do but to deal with it.
Old 03-19-17, 09:53 PM
CebsJr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toonchew
My driver mirror did not set after adjusting it (when in reverse; tilted). The passenger set just fine. No idea why. It's aiming way too low for my taste. Not sure what to do but to deal with it.
Setting the tilt is also part of your seat memory options, 1,2, and 3. Did you save the setting after you adjusted the mirrors in reverse? If that's not working then make the dealer fix it. It should save via seat memory to the position you manually set it to.
Old 03-20-17, 09:40 AM
toonchew
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CebsJr
Setting the tilt is also part of your seat memory options, 1,2, and 3. Did you save the setting after you adjusted the mirrors in reverse? If that's not working then make the dealer fix it. It should save via seat memory to the position you manually set it to.
Yep, tried that. Still didn't work. I'll bring up the issue next time I'm there