NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-14, 08:45 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)

Anyone else having this problem?

So driving down the road, and I cant change the radio volume on the steering wheel. Also cant change the volume with the radio volume ***. Cannot turn off the radio power, Touch controller is dead, wont do anything, no buttons work (except the ac/heat). The Nav is stuck showing the road my house is on, not the location I am currently at 8 miles away. Nothing works (except the radio is still playing) - Nothing can be changed, cant do anything.

Park --- turn the car off --- turn the car back on - everything is back to normal and working properly.

This has happened to me 3 times now since Thursday (6 days ago).

Am I the only one so far? I have a video of it, but not sure if it will load here.
Old 12-16-14, 10:56 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear this.

The system occasionally could "HANG", like any computer system, it may need a "REBOOT", by pressing ans holding the VOLUME/POWER **** till the screen goes blank and then resets...

try that, otherwise take it in for Service ASAP!!!
Old 12-16-14, 11:18 AM
cb80923
Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
sorry to hear this.

The system occasionally could "HANG", like any computer system, it may need a "REBOOT", by pressing ans holding the VOLUME/POWER **** till the screen goes blank and then resets...

try that, otherwise take it in for Service ASAP!!!

Thanks, I will try this if it happens again. It has happened 3 times in 6 days that I have had the vehicle so far, the first time was on the drive home from the dealership, again over the weekend, and again this morning. Its weird, you don't realize it of course until you try to do something with the radio/nav/computer etc. - the screen is frozen to somewhere earlier in your drive and nothing works except AC/heat.
Old 12-16-14, 04:18 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
Thanks, I will try this if it happens again. It has happened 3 times in 6 days that I have had the vehicle so far, the first time was on the drive home from the dealership, again over the weekend, and again this morning. Its weird, you don't realize it of course until you try to do something with the radio/nav/computer etc. - the screen is frozen to somewhere earlier in your drive and nothing works except AC/heat.
I had similar problem on my CT200H, and the car even lost power twice.
You should take it to dealer ASAP.
Old 12-16-14, 04:37 PM
cb80923
Driver

Originally Posted by sears1234
I had similar problem on my CT200H, and the car even lost power twice.
You should take it to dealer ASAP.
do you know what the fix was?
Old 12-16-14, 04:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Certain early '14 IS models had similar freezing issues apparently resolved with a software update. If other owners so far have not reported the issue, yours could be an isolated issue. I will certainly report on mine in a couple weeks once I use the system.
Old 12-16-14, 04:49 PM
cb80923
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Certain early '14 IS models had similar freezing issues apparently resolved with a software update. If other owners so far have not reported the issue, yours could be an isolated issue. I will certainly report on mine in a couple weeks once I use the system.
Thanks. Already notified the dealer and sent them a video of it. Of course they have only sold 6 NXs so far and this is the first they have heard of it.
Old 12-16-14, 05:57 PM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop guessing. It is just a small problem. Bring it to the dealer and have them look at it since it is a brand new car.
Old 12-16-14, 09:46 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

do you know what the fix was?
I brought to dealer, but the technician couldn't reproduce the problem, the battery technician also tested then battery, still couldn't figure out the problem.

Since there are other rattle issues, I'm tired of this car,and trade in for a mercedes.
Old 12-17-14, 07:25 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sears1234
Since there are other rattle issues, I'm tired of this car,and trade in for a mercedes.

That's a pretty serious move to be tired of the NX that quickly and trade it in for a Mercedes.

The NX 200t I test drove didn't have any rattling (and this was in cold weather too - when plastic components are prone to squeaking more). It is unfortunate that your's had issues. Hopefully the Mercedes will work out better for you.
Old 12-17-14, 07:29 AM
cb80923
Driver

Originally Posted by doomdealer

That's a pretty serious move to be tired of the NX that quickly and trade it in for a Mercedes.

The NX 200t I test drove didn't have any rattling (and this was in cold weather too - when plastic components are prone to squeaking more). It is unfortunate that your's had issues. Hopefully the Mercedes will work out better for you.
He was talking about a CT200h that he traded in for a Mercedes..... not an NX.
Old 12-17-14, 08:02 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

He was talking about a CT200h that he traded in for a Mercedes..... not an NX.
Ah.. my reading comprehension fail. Thanks for the clarification!

Lexus services are usually known to be great, so I'm confident they can deal with most rattling issues that comes up in the NX.
Old 12-17-14, 09:27 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Originally Posted by doomdealer
Ah.. my reading comprehension fail. Thanks for the clarification!

Lexus services are usually known to be great, so I'm confident they can deal with most rattling issues that comes up in the NX.
I think all Lexus quality between 07 - 10 was down quite a bit. I have interior noise on my 07 ES, 10 RX 450H, and 11 CT.

Rattle in RX and ES happened in cold weather, but CT happened in HOT weather.

CT noise is like squeezing some plastic in the console.

Lexus can't fix this kind of issue, believe me, they can only make things worse.
Old 12-17-14, 10:16 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks. Already notified the dealer and sent them a video of it. Of course they have only sold 6 NXs so far and this is the first they have heard of it.
Please keep us posted ....
Old 12-17-14, 01:11 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

My first (08) RX had a persistent rattle in the sun roof. After many months of trying to fix that, including replacing the cartridge twice and eventually breaking other trim pieces being removed to try to fix the problem, I complained loudly. They told me to bring in the '08 and take a brand new '09. This is the differentiator for me. The '09 has been exceptional and I often wonder why I'm thinking of trading it. Other than some of the tech features, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Quick Reply: NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)