NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-15, 10:21 AM
Gizmo607
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
My first (08) RX had a persistent rattle in the sun roof. After many months of trying to fix that, including replacing the cartridge twice and eventually breaking other trim pieces being removed to try to fix the problem, I complained loudly. They told me to bring in the '08 and take a brand new '09. This is the differentiator for me. The '09 has been exceptional and I often wonder why I'm thinking of trading it. Other than some of the tech features, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Just a curiosity, how many are affected with this electronic bug issue. Let's keep a tally. What reason you think it is causing this issue? Is it mostly when the Bluetooth is connected with the phone?
Old 04-14-15, 10:21 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo607
Just a curiosity, how many are affected with this issue. Let's keep a tally. What reason you think it is causing this issue? Is it mostly when the Bluetooth is connected with the phone?
Maybe an Admin would create a poll...?
Old 04-14-15, 10:23 AM
Gizmo607
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spcran4d
Maybe an Admin would create a poll...?
Maybe, admin can you please create a poll with this electronic bug?
Old 05-02-15, 09:55 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Nav Screen Garbled

Oh man, as I was exiting the freeway, I saw my nav screen go to this:

I was horrified that thiis might be the nav screen lockup issue where the solution is to replace the console. but I noticed that the screen wasn't locked up as the ungarbled portion was still moving. I pressed the Home button to get into the three screen split view and the nav was the larger half, but the top portion of just the nav window was still garbled.

I then went to make the nav screen full screen, and things went back to normal. Had the car for about a month and a half and this is the first (and hopefully only) time it did this.
Old 05-02-15, 10:57 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by typocl
Oh man, as I was exiting the freeway, I saw my nav screen go to this:

I was horrified that thiis might be the nav screen lockup issue where the solution is to replace the console. but I noticed that the screen wasn't locked up as the ungarbled portion was still moving. I pressed the Home button to get into the three screen split view and the nav was the larger half, but the top portion of just the nav window was still garbled.

I then went to make the nav screen full screen, and things went back to normal. Had the car for about a month and a half and this is the first (and hopefully only) time it did this.
Yikes! Didn't happen to me yet and hopefully it never does. Hope it doesn't happen to you again also!
Old 05-03-15, 07:56 AM
Camper01
Driver School Candidate

If this happens again, You should bring this up to your dealer. Lexus needs to know about the problem and if it is a common problem, they will issue a solution to dealership. Otherwise, at least they can try to trouble shoot it. Plus Lexus dealership service is always known to be great. They really look hard to solve problems.
Old 05-03-15, 07:58 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Might want to post this on the Customer Service forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...r-service-271/
Old 05-03-15, 11:36 AM
typocl
Instructor

yeah, I'm thinking of just emailing the picture to the service advisor from when I had the running boards and stuff installed so that he can document it and let me know if I should bring it in.
Old 05-04-15, 06:22 AM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, you should Email it now. Even if it doesn't happen again, have them record it during your next service. That way, if it crops up again (even after your warranty is out), you have something to work with.

This is not the lock up issue.

I've had my system replaced. It's a minor procedure and only takes about an hour.
Old 05-04-15, 08:08 AM
typocl
Instructor

I emailed the service advisor with the pic and asked to record it somewhere. I went thru the same route this morning and it was fine.
Old 05-04-15, 10:01 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

If there's a problem, hopefully it's as simple as a defect with the MicroSD card where the Nav software/map is stored and replacing it.
Old 05-05-15, 06:59 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

Originally Posted by Camper01
If this happens again, You should bring this up to your dealer. Lexus needs to know about the problem and if it is a common problem, they will issue a solution to dealership. Otherwise, at least they can try to trouble shoot it. Plus Lexus dealership service is always known to be great. They really look hard to solve problems.
Try adjusting the rabbit ears first, if that does not work, bang on the side of the TV. Opps, sorry that is what I did to fix the same problem with my TV in the 60s.
Old 05-05-15, 07:47 AM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by rayzer57
Try adjusting the rabbit ears first, if that does not work, bang on the side of the TV. Opps, sorry that is what I did to fix the same problem with my TV in the 60s.
what happens if I do that and an episode of the Honeymooners appears on the screen...
Old 05-11-15, 10:01 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

I have had my vehicle for about a month and 1400 miles and experienced it this past weekend.

I had just got into the car and turned it on. I had Lexus Enform running on my phone. I went to the voice button to try and find a POI. The system froze and a few minutes later rebooted. After the reboot while I was driving I had no issues. I think the reason for me is I was trying to use the system before it had fully turned itself on.

On 2 or 3 occasions I have had the volume adjust itself up from 15-30. I just lowered it a few seconds later. I am sure a new frmware upgrade will come soon.

Last edited by wildeklave; 05-11-15 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 11:00 AM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by wildeklave
I have had my vehicle for about a month and 1400 miles and experienced it this past weekend.

I had just got into the car and turned it on. I had Lexus Enform running on my phone. I went to the voice button to try and find a POI. The system froze and a few minutes later rebooted. After the reboot while I was driving I had no issues. I think the reason for me is I was trying to use the system before it had fully turned itself on.

On 2 or 3 occasions I have had the volume adjust itself up from 15-30. I just lowered it a few seconds later. I am sure a new frmware upgrade will come soon.
make sure your dealership knows this is happening to you

Quick Reply: NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)