NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 06:35 AM
Cycleman6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem.

I am experiencing the same screen lock up. Mine as well happened first time on way home from dealership. It has now locked up 9 times. The rear view camera has stayed on once. I have called the dealership. They indicated lexus is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
Btw. Nothing is plugged into usb ports. I have a 6 plus paired and it's happened to my wife as well when her 5s is paired.
Our model is f sport awd navigation
Old 01-06-15, 09:51 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds very familiar. I too have F-Sport AWD with Nav however I have not been pairing my phone (6Plus) to the car when it happens. I'm scheduled for Saturday service appt. guess we will see what comes of it. I am guessing they will just re flash the software.
Old 01-07-15, 05:50 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
Sounds very familiar. I too have F-Sport AWD with Nav however I have not been pairing my phone (6Plus) to the car when it happens. I'm scheduled for Saturday service appt. guess we will see what comes of it. I am guessing they will just re flash the software.
they will re-flash only if they have new firmware available.
Old 01-07-15, 11:25 AM
cb80923
Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
they will re-flash only if they have new firmware available.
I believe they will re-flash with whatever they have, the original firmware or some new firmware - because the current software load does not work right. And if not, I will stand on a desk and holler at people until they do.

also, Big Lexus is aware of this issue, my dealer has made sure of that, and sounds like that is what Cycleman6 heard as well.
Old 01-09-15, 01:54 AM
NonFormula
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

New to this forum. Did not know that there were two active forums on the NX. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS ON MY NX 300h. Please go to this link.

http://www.lexusnxforum.com/forum/9-...i-rescind.html
Old 01-09-15, 01:11 PM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NonFormula
New to this forum. Did not know that there were two active forums on the NX. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS ON MY NX 300h. Please go to this link.

http://www.lexusnxforum.com/forum/9-...i-rescind.html
Thanks for chiming in......I'll be waiting until the 2016's arrive.
Old 01-12-15, 12:28 PM
cb80923
Driver

Well I didn't actually stand on a desk and holler at anyone - I was a little too nice.

The Service Manager filed a "write up" with Lexus and TASS (that Lexus uses for Technical Expertise).

He said no dealers/service depts have parts or software or anything for the NX200T/NX300H, accept for a few accessories to sell, and if anyone has a real problem they will simply have to give them a loaner for weeks or months until parts and all roll out to dealers/service shops. He couldn't even re-flash with the old software as I hoped, because they simply don't have it yet.

Service Manager called me today to let me know that there were quite a few write ups across the US and other countries with the same problem (Most controls and Nav lock up, as well as rear view camera coming on sporadically while driving forward). I asked if he knew how many, and he said in the 20s --- 20-plus customer complaints on this same issue. They want my vehicle back in for a battery of tests that TASS has provided them specifically for the Rear View Camera popping-on issue... He said the Radio/Nav Lock up is a well known issue they are working on a fix for, and the Rear View Camera popping on is a newer issue they are trying to find out more about.

So i get to drive a Loaner RX around for a few days...
Old 01-12-15, 04:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice that you got an RX at least.

So far, not a single blip on my Canadian non-Enform version. Wondering if other Canadians can chime in...
Old 01-12-15, 07:26 PM
HappyNXMan
Driver School Candidate

No issue with my NX200T (not the F Sport version) so far, but I have only owned it a couple of weeks.
Old 01-13-15, 01:22 PM
bostonb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my F Sport for exactly 1 week and I haven't seen anything odd happening. I have also plugged in my bluetooth iphone (not a 6) via USB on a couple of occasions and didn't see any funky either. I hope it stays that way but the problems you guys are reporting is scary stuff. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated.
Old 01-20-15, 05:23 PM
NonFormula
Rookie

Default Electronic failure. Lexus will NOT acknowledge. Just posted on YouTube.

Old 01-20-15, 08:42 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Another poster several posts above yours just posted exactly the information you need ie. Lexus is aware of the freezing Nav/Radio that's occurring on some vehicles and is working on a fix.
Old 01-20-15, 10:28 PM
NonFormula
Rookie

Thanks "Night." I did not sign up to be a "Beta" tester. They're treatment is awful. Smoke and mirror service. My dealership's sales manager, general sales manager, and salesman never return my calls.. The local dealership's service manager promised to investigate and return my call. There is a lot more. I should not have to be fearful of taking the vehicle on an outing. It has repeatedly, randomly failed me, with audio volume locked at the highest possible level. I want all monies returned.
Old 01-21-15, 03:38 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm sorry to hear nonformulaic's problems but enough already.
I worry that he is demonising the company because he wants a new car. In another website he states the company has paid for accomodation, meals and offered to fly him back home and truck his car back for him. Nothing seems to placate him.
The moderator to this site should not permit personal vendettas. Haters are going to hate. If you're not happy get a lawyer.
Old 01-21-15, 08:04 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by miop4000
I'm sorry to hear nonformulaic's problems but enough already.
I worry that he is demonising the company because he wants a new car. In another website he states the company has paid for accomodation, meals and offered to fly him back home and truck his car back for him. Nothing seems to placate him.
The moderator to this site should not permit personal vendettas. Haters are going to hate. If you're not happy get a lawyer.
IMHO NonFormula is very upset & rightly so! His complaint is legit.
I appreciate the fact that he is bringing his problems out in the open. His NX car is un-safe, the dealer is not responding.......he deserve's his money back!
Six Service documents of same issue falls into the Lemon law.

Quick Reply: NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)