NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-15, 04:05 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rjw972
So my NX 300h will arrive this coming Monday. I text my sales guys today about him discounting off the MSRP and his response was:

"I understand where you're coming from, and I've seen about 20 NX300h's leave this dealership and I have friends at Sewell and other dealerships in Texas and I know 99%of them were not discounted at all. The market really does not justify discounting it... I searched and this atomic silver with black is the ONLY 1 in the US with similar equipment. If you have a trade-in or want some Lexus parts I can get you some or a little more for your trade-in, but honestly i can't discount this car. I will try 1 more time and see if I can get you something off but I'm almost positive it will be a for sure no... But feel free to pick out some accessories, and some stuff from our parts boutique that you like. Do you like oakleys or ray ban sunglasses?"

So does that mean I have a 1% chance of a discount or am I out of luck?
Show him this site. ..and you have two options - either accept their rather lazy-hazy excuse or keep looking. -frankly- I'd keep looking or at least get another dealer involved or two.

Sounds like he already spent his commision. He's trying desperately to hold on to it.
Old 05-11-15, 05:26 PM
rjw972
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
Show him this site. ..and you have two options - either accept their rather lazy-hazy excuse or keep looking. -frankly- I'd keep looking or at least get another dealer involved or two.

Sounds like he already spent his commision. He's trying desperately to hold on to it.
I looked through the forums and couldn't find many posts about discounts on the NX 300h.

Anyway, my car didn't get delivered today but will tomorrow. All he did was take off $418 off the $51,418 MSRP. Intend to trade a 2009 Accord; he originally gave me $11,000; then $11,500; and now finally $12,000 but this time with no accessories at all anymore. He did keep his promise about a 1.9% rate though.

Please, anyone with advice is definitely appreciated. I've never been good at negotiating.
Old 05-11-15, 05:29 PM
rjw972
Driver School Candidate

Also, CARMAX intended to only pay $10,500 for my Accord. So I was surprised my dealer is willing to pay a little more.

The thing that got me is after telling me I could have whatever throw-ins I wanted now he's taking them away after giving me $500 more for my trade-in.
Old 05-12-15, 11:52 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Lexus Canada - NX200t AWD, Executive Trim (HUD, Park Assist, BSM, Navi, LDW, PCS, radar cruise, Qi charger, power liftgate)
Cash sale

MSRP $53250
Freight $2045
Block heater $237
Other fees $120

Final price $51888
GST not included
Old 05-13-15, 08:45 AM
Buddy888
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by computerwi
Lexus Canada - NX200t AWD, Executive Trim (HUD, Park Assist, BSM, Navi, LDW, PCS, radar cruise, Qi charger, power liftgate)
Cash sale

MSRP $53250
Freight $2045
Block heater $237
Other fees $120

Final price $51888
GST not included

Hey Computer, your friend in the South. We just purchased our Lexus NX200t F-Sport Series 1 last weekend and will be picking up the vehicle tomorrow night, just in time for the long weekend. .

F-Sport Series 1 package includes:
10 SpeakersPower Back DoorGarage Door OpenerClearance and Backup Sensors120V/100-watt Power OutletF SPORT Front GrilleF SPORT badgingPower slide / tilt MoonroofAluminum Roof RailsRemote Touch InterfaceVoice-activated SD Card Based Navigation System with Remote TouchG meterF SPORT LED fog lampsAuto Leveling Headlamp SystemLED Headlamps - High BeamPremium LED HeadlampsMemory MirrorsAuto-dimming Side View MirrorsRear Cross Traffic AlertBlind Spot Monitor SystemPower Tilt & Telescopic Steering WheelHeated Steering WheelSteering Wheel Paddle Shifters (A/T)F SPORT SeatsDriver Seat Memory SystemSport Tuned SuspensionSport-Tuned SuspensionInterior Trim: F SPORT Shift KnobAluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber InsertsF SPORT Scuff PlatesF SPORT 18" Alloy WheelsRain Sensing Wipers.

MSRP $50850
Discount of $-3700

I calculated the Freight and PDI and it was $254.70 more than what you had posted. i wonder why that is?? Do vehicles in Calgary usually pay more for the Frieght and PDI then Edmonton?

The dealership also added a Admin fee for a whooping $495.00
Did they also add that onto yours? Do you think theirs any way I could talk them into taking that off.

Either way Super excited to be driving the NX this weekend.
Old 05-13-15, 11:57 AM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy888
Hey Computer, your friend in the South. We just purchased our Lexus NX200t F-Sport Series 1 last weekend and will be picking up the vehicle tomorrow night, just in time for the long weekend. .

10 SpeakersPower Back DoorGarage Door OpenerClearance and Backup Sensors120V/100-watt Power OutletF SPORT Front GrilleF SPORT badgingPower slide / tilt MoonroofAluminum Roof RailsRemote Touch InterfaceVoice-activated SD Card Based Navigation System with Remote TouchG meterF SPORT LED fog lampsAuto Leveling Headlamp SystemLED Headlamps - High BeamPremium LED HeadlampsMemory MirrorsAuto-dimming Side View MirrorsRear Cross Traffic AlertBlind Spot Monitor SystemPower Tilt & Telescopic Steering WheelHeated Steering WheelSteering Wheel Paddle Shifters (A/T)F SPORT SeatsDriver Seat Memory SystemSport Tuned SuspensionSport-Tuned SuspensionInterior Trim: F SPORT Shift KnobAluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber InsertsF SPORT Scuff PlatesF SPORT 18" Alloy WheelsRain Sensing Wipers.

MSRP $50850
Discount of $-3700

I calculated the Freight and PDI and it was $254.70 more than what you had posted. i wonder why that is?? Do vehicles in Calgary usually pay more for the Frieght and PDI then Edmonton?

Did they also add that onto yours? Do you think theirs any way I could talk them into taking that off.

I have a long working relationship with Lexus of Edmonton so they included the admin fee in my price. $500 is common for the dealership fee. Its probably not likely they would incorporate the fee after the deal is made but you can give a shot!

I think freight is standard across the country unless I'm mistaken... If anything, Edmonton would probably pay more freight than Calgary!
Old 05-13-15, 03:44 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Mine was base of $34,480
Optional equipment of $7,098 (cargo net, mats, Nav, Premium package, power back door, auto dim mirror, park assist, and blind spot monitor)
Destination fee of $925
Total $42,503 (sticker)

We got a military discount ($750 or $950) and more than expected for my trade, which is probably the closest we got to a "discount." My trade was KBB at $15k, and I got over $17k.

The NX still seems fairly tough to come by here... mine came in from the port the same day I purchased, and the other NX that came with it was purchased the same night.

Last edited by mrsinsyder; 05-13-15 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-13-15, 08:21 PM
PR3D4K1NG
Driver School Candidate

MSRP $50850
Discount of $-3700

Buddy888, What dealership did you work with? I spoke with a sales rep at Lexus of Calgary and may test drive on Saturday. I also spoke with a sales rep at Royal Oak during the car show.
I will likely not go F-Sport, but it is good to know that are offering discounts at any rate.
Old 05-13-15, 09:08 PM
Buddy888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pr3D4K1NG
Buddy888, What dealership did you work with? I spoke with a sales rep at Lexus of Calgary and may test drive on Saturday. I also spoke with a sales rep at Royal Oak during the car show.
I will likely not go F-Sport, but it is good to know that are offering discounts at any rate.
Hey Pr3D4K1NG, I bought the NX from the Lexus of Calgary dealership. Was originally dealing with an agent from the Royal Oak dealership but got a better deal through Lexus Calgary.
Old 05-13-15, 09:23 PM
PR3D4K1NG
Driver School Candidate

Hey Pr3D4K1NG, I bought the NX from the Lexus of Calgary dealership. Was originally dealing with an agent from the Royal Oak dealership but got a better deal through Lexus Calgary.
Thanks for the reply. It will be interesting to see if they are even more willing to bend with the LR Discovery Sport now available and just down the road from Lexus of Calgary.
Old 05-16-15, 08:36 AM
Speedblade
Driver School Candidate

I just put money down for my new NX that should be here next week

2015 Lexus NX 200t F-Sport
Obsidian Exterior
Rioja Red Interior
Navigation Package
Premium Package
Auto dimming mirrors with BSM and Rear cross traffic alert
Lexus Homelink Garage Opener
Intuitive Park Assist
Power Back Door
Premium Triple Beam LED headlamps
Heated Steering Wheel
18" F-Sport wheels with Summer Tires

MSRP $45,143
Invoice: $42,615
Sell Price: $43,000 plus taxes/fees (they also threw in cargo tray and all weather floor mats)

Can't wait to get it!
Old 06-08-15, 01:13 PM
brendaman
Driver School Candidate

Bumping this up as I know there have been a number of new owners/buyers and curious to see if we're starting to see discounts from MSRP.

I was going to wait for the 2016 model, but I may just get one of the summer deals if the price/discount is right.
Old 06-08-15, 11:26 PM
Supra4100
Rookie

Originally Posted by brendaman
Bumping this up as I know there have been a number of new owners/buyers and curious to see if we're starting to see discounts from MSRP.

I was going to wait for the 2016 model, but I may just get one of the summer deals if the price/discount is right.
I purchased an F-Sport in USB Friday. Msrp was 44,452. I paid 42,300 and refused the 400 doc fee. Carmax offered 14,500 for trade-in. Ds gave me 15k. I could have sold it for 17k. Who wants to deal with people? I don't consider me getting a stellar deal, but I'm happy with the outcome. Try not to negotiate in person. That beautiful Nx will make you pull the trigger prematurely. Take a card home and tell them you'll think about it. Next morning fire him an offer $500 less than what you want to pay. Try to be reasonable. This isn't a lot full of Malibus & Silverados. If you send them a ridiculous # they may just ignore you. The more options you have, the more wiggle room in the price. The base models are less likely to be discounted much.

It all boils down to market condition. If there's a bit of stock on hand. There's always wiggle room on the price even if you order. If you have multiple outlets in your area. See how much they'll discount and let the other know what they'll do for you.
Old 06-09-15, 07:04 AM
F6FHellcat
Driver School Candidate

If you have an existing relationship with a dealer, you may be able to get a better deal.

Also, car shoppers in major US markets (the two coasts, Chicago, Texas, etc.) will probably find somewhat better deals than the rest of us due to competition between dealers and more supply. My entire state has 5 million people and two major Lexus dealerships (and how much NX inventory total)?; Los Angeles County alone has 10 million people and many more dealers and probably significantly more NX inventory.

At the same time, you need to be prepared to drive away if the deal seems unreasonable. When I negotiated mine, we first settled on the price of the car and I was able to finagle a four-figure discount off MSRP. Then I mentioned the trade. We talked for awhile, and I discerned that we were about $500 apart on the trade value. So I got up, told the salesperson that while I did not want to argue, I just decided that was not enough for my trade in and started to leave. The salesperson came out to the parking lot, met me, and asked if I would make the deal if he added the $500 on my trade. I said yes and we shook hands. And this was on a NX 200t not yet on the lot, but about two weeks away.

If you approach the purchase like the dog who wants the bone so bad he chokes on it, you will probably overpay. Now I do acknowledge that certain rarer color/model/feature combinations may be difficult to meaningfully negotiate. But you can purchase an NX with a discount below MSRP if you are willing to walk away from a "bad" deal and have access to markets with at least some semblance of competition.
Old 06-09-15, 09:34 AM
cavrams10
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased my first Lexus about two weeks ago (near the end of the month).

Lexus NX 200t w/ AWD, sunroof, heated seats, all weather floor mats, mudguards.
Exterior- white
Interior- flaxen

MSRP: about 39,100
Negotiated price: 35,500
Grad discount: 1000
Net price: 34,500 + TTL

I emailed about 5 Lexus dealerships in my state, starting from the smallest market to the biggest. I got the initial quote from the smallest one, then took that quote to what I felt was the next largest dealership to see if they could beat it. I repeated this process until the 5th and largest dealership. I went in to negotiate the price a little more. I then went down the road to the Acura dealership to look at the RDX and came back to Lexus. I appeared to be indecisive between the two cars. They lowered the price a couple more hundred dollars and I accepted their offer.

Do your research, know what you want before going into the dealership, and you should come out satisfied.

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease