NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Changed my mind on NX

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-14, 11:56 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Changed my mind on NX

After test driving NX I placed an order on Obsidian\Roja Red F-Sport. ETA was on 12/24. So far I have seen only blue and white NX. Yesterday I stopped by the Lexus dealer just to check if they have other colors in stock.

Dealer was still very short on NX inventory. They only had three NX. White 2.0T that someone just bought and taken off the show room, blue F-Sport which I have already seen. The other one they had was Metador Red Mica. I have seen lots of NX photos on internet before deciding on color but never found red as an option because I just did not find the color appealing. This is the case of seeing in person you might get different impression. Both my wife and I found Metador Red NX very appealing, the way red, chrome and black color used in mirror and wheel molding. Stayed at the dealer for about an hour looking at NX and Obsidian RX as comparison.

Long story short my CA told me I can take the red one if I want since the feature set was identical. I had to think this over because picking red NX meant forgoing Roja Red interior which apparent is very popular choice. You cannot get Roja Red interior with Metador Red and even if that was available I would not choose it because that would be too much red.

Anyway after sleeping on the idea over night I went back to the dealer today and gave them my signature on Metadar Red Mica NX and I am a new proud owner of Lexus vehicle. I love how the color changes with different shade of light.

I will post a few photos on new member section. On as a side note my CA told me the most popular combination on F-Sport is white\roja red.

Last edited by Wagnerian; 12-15-14 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-15-14, 09:58 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Anyway after sleeping on the idea over night I went back to the dealer today and gave them my signature on Metadar Red Mica NX and I am a new proud owner of Lexus vehicle. I love how the color changes with different shade of light. Wagnerian

I love your decision. Congratulations.
Ray A.
Old 12-15-14, 10:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

cool beans, welcome to the family
Old 12-15-14, 04:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Had two MRM Lexus vehicles and love that color. Congrats!
Old 12-16-14, 06:33 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Nice choice! Hope to see you on the streets soon!
Old 12-16-14, 07:44 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats, enjoy it..
Old 12-16-14, 09:27 AM
Lexuspa3
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus NX300H VIN Received

Got word from the dealer my NX300H should arrive any day now. Ended up with the Nebula Gray with black interior. I test drove one today and can only describe it as a cross between the CT200H and the RX450H. Ride was smooth and entering and exiting highways was not an issue. As stated in the forums cargo room is smaller than the RX but the golf clubs still fit so all is good.. Can't wait to try all out all of the new gadgets. Thanks for all of the helpful posts in the forums.
Old 06-24-15, 07:06 PM
antonios32
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
After test driving NX I placed an order on Obsidian\Roja Red F-Sport. ETA was on 12/24. So far I have seen only blue and white NX. Yesterday I stopped by the Lexus dealer just to check if they have other colors in stock.

Dealer was still very short on NX inventory. They only had three NX. White 2.0T that someone just bought and taken off the show room, blue F-Sport which I have already seen. The other one they had was Metador Red Mica. I have seen lots of NX photos on internet before deciding on color but never found red as an option because I just did not find the color appealing. This is the case of seeing in person you might get different impression. Both my wife and I found Metador Red NX very appealing, the way red, chrome and black color used in mirror and wheel molding. Stayed at the dealer for about an hour looking at NX and Obsidian RX as comparison.

Long story short my CA told me I can take the red one if I want since the feature set was identical. I had to think this over because picking red NX meant forgoing Roja Red interior which apparent is very popular choice. You cannot get Roja Red interior with Metador Red and even if that was available I would not choose it because that would be too much red.

Anyway after sleeping on the idea over night I went back to the dealer today and gave them my signature on Metadar Red Mica NX and I am a new proud owner of Lexus vehicle. I love how the color changes with different shade of light.

I will post a few photos on new member section. On as a side note my CA told me the most popular combination on F-Sport is white\roja red.
First: congrats!
Second: I didnt understand if you got the 200t F Sport or just went down to a Base or Premium One.