NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX models.. Hot sale for Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-14, 08:52 PM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up NX models.. Hot sale for Lexus?

Well i just want to make up this thread to see each person's opinions on the NX models. Because my parents are planning to buy the NX 200t F-sport with premium / navigation package + a few more stuffs, which add up to $48k .... I got my mom into the lexus NX when she was talking about trading in her RX lexus either for BMW or Mercede SUV. Maybe lexus came out at the right time.
I think NX will be a hot sale for Lexus.. Because of the new style look for a SUV, plus the price and good gas mileages. For future repair i think it will be cheaper than any other luxury brands.
I was stalking all the dealer's facebook page every other day and keep on asking them about the date of the NX model to land in their showroom since November. Yup, 1 week of december came. I saw them posted on their facebook page. My mom and I went there on that weekend. They told us that they sold 3 of them. already and ask us to put down 500 to be on the waiting list. It is a refundable 500 but no, my mom didn't want to. So since we are there my mom dropped her RX 350 for check it. The dealer loaned us a 2014 ES model to drive. So we went to other dealer. Lucky they only had 1 left for a test drive. It was a base model. My mom drove it and she disliked. I got so disappointed for all these time to wait on the NX model . She said that one got a hard steering wheel and the gas pedal is too strong to step on it. So the saleman was trying to talk her into buy it and blah blah.. So we left .. On the way back i had to search for other lexus dealer. Lucky i found one not too far away from there . I told my mom to go there. She did and they got 4 NX models there. all 200t base and premium i believe and other is 300h. I told her NX 300h is pretty weak so they tested a 200t again . The one she test drive it was a premium or luxury package i believe. She started to like it. She said it felt different than the base model. But didn't buy it nor put down the money, however, this dealer willing to give us 500 discount for appreciation if we buy a car. lol We went home..
My parents went back to the other dealer the next day to ask for NX 200t F sport they said it will come out this week 12/12 i believe.. and she told me that the last NX model there sold ... Also after tuesday i checked back on the third lexus dealer where they had 4 NX models. they just sold 3 of them 0_o" ... until this day, that dealer still have 1 NX model left .. ...... For now i believe my parents 98% will get the lexus NX 200t F-sport instead of the BMW which cost almost 68,000 with all the stuffs in there when lexus got eveything for only 48 as the same price of a Base BMW X4 328i model i believe...
I believe Lexus NX is best to invest your money in. Down the road, it will cost cheaper for the repair and maintain than BMW or Mercede brand.
Old 12-11-14, 11:47 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

The first day I visited the dealer the floor model F-Sport was sold before we left. While we were finalizing the deal the following day someone bought the base model test drive demo. My CA told me they are selling NX as soon as they get them. I do not think he was bluffing.

I crossed shopped BMW myself before deciding on NX for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned. BMW 435i Grand Coupe was about 65K with my preferred build. Even with discount it would have been high 50s. And long term cost of ownership. I am purchasing mine so this was a huge factor. Both BMW and NX are fine cars, I am sure your parents will be happy with either one.
Old 12-12-14, 03:14 AM
Phredcat
Driver School Candidate

As I first posted last week, I've been watching/following the roll-out of the NX for the better part of 2014, hoping to replace my 2006 RX400h (great car; it's just time, but the newer RX has gotten too big). I gave my dealer a $500 deposit last June, but wanted a specific model/color (hybrid, red w/crème interior). My dealer's first allocation of NX vehicles was limited, as were all of the other 5 +/- Lexus dealers in my area. My dealer was aware of 7 models being delivered to the Port of Newark that matched my requirements, and that two of them were destined for two other local Lexus dealers, only to find out that they had been pre-sold even before they hit the dealer and were not available to be swapped. My dealer has been advised that it has been allocated an NX300h which meets my request, for delivery in February (to be manufactured the end of December) -- they have the VIN and MSRP label -- because of my earlier deposit, I've been told it will be sold to me. Yes, they're that hot!
Old 12-14-14, 08:33 AM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Talking

Again.. The local lexus dealer called me on thursday to tell me that they have the F-sport model just came in. I went there on saturday just to check it out before i go home to tell my mom. One of the sale man said "Sorry it was sold " -_-".. They still have a fresh delivery of NX200t model in the show room.. Maybe today my mom and i will go to the other lexus dealer since they have they have 2 F sport models ready for test drive XD. Hope they still have it.