Search this Thread

Old 12-03-14, 04:32 PM
YLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My review after 2 weeks

300h f-sport - 1000 km - my second hybrid

First the good things:
- what I tought it would be a bit low is the best on the car. It's fun to drive, and yeah it's fast for its size (had a Mercedes cla AMG before)
- space is big in the trunk (no spare wheels so a huge space there)
- glass roof is big (although you can't open it)
- quality is decent near German cars

But now the bad:
- Fuel range is soooo low. Catalogues in Europe says 5.5 L/100 km mixed. Normally that's about 30% wrong but it's the double. I get 10 L to 12 L/100 km! When I am doing my best really hard I get 9.5 but even that is way more.
- we buyed 2 (yeah) both have scratches at the left bottom corner of the window. When the sun is on it, you see 20 stripes.
- the GPS sucks, it feels really old. I payed 2000€ extra for nothing much.
- voice command is even older, repeats every time, you have to confirm, then say "1st" without the possibility to read the line. And after all that you still need to push manually on start with a mousepad while driving.

Questions?

Last edited by YLA; 12-03-14 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-03-14, 04:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Do you have AVS? How's the ride comfort and noise levels?

As for the fuel economy, that is abnormally high as I'm speaking from experience. I owned the RX hybrid which averaged 10L/100 km and a CT hybrid which I average 5.3 L/100 km. If you're in Belgium, keep in mind that winter driving is the worst case scenario and if you do mostly highway, what you are getting is more plausible. The Canadian fuel economy rating system has changed for 2015 and is much closer to real-world fuel economy. The NX300h is rated in the low 7L/100km in the city and almost 8 L/100 km on the highway. Factor in winter conditions and that will go up 20-30% . The CT is rated at 5.5L/100 km in Canada for 2015 which I got even better, so I know you should be getting better. Give it a chance in summer driving and maximize city driving and the "pulse and glide" technique to maximize electric propulsion and recharging.
Old 12-03-14, 11:09 PM
YLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have AVS, but notice nothing with the suspension while in that mode.

Noise level is really good, just for new people is the cvt a strange noise. "When do you shift?" Lol
Old 12-04-14, 03:15 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not 100% sure since I haven't even seen an NX in person but for the voice commands you may want to look into two things that may help:

1. Instead of waiting for the voice commands to repeat everything back, you should be able to just press the voice command button again and skip the repeat back and just go to the next input prompt/beep. The second press should stop the repeating of that next command.

2. Look for a setting to minimize voice feedback or use short commands (I may be getting this confused with our other car). Most of the manufacturers have a long repeat that covers a lot of instruction for newbies but an abbreviated, shorter repeat for people that are more familiar with the system so they don't pull their hair out like you are doing.

So, again not sure if either of these apply to the NX but they are worth exploring if they can save you some button presses and waiting around for the repeats. I'm almost positive the double press will work, not sure on the shorter voice feedback though.

Good luck and please let us know if this helps at all.

Edit: found some info online, they reference specific page numbers but the manual I'm looking at is broken down by parts and it would take a while to find the pages referenced. If you have the car you should be able to find these in the manual. I think these should help with your voice command issues:

“Voice Recognition Prompts” can be set to on or off on the “Voice Settings” screen. (P.74)
● Voice guidance can be canceled by set- ting voice prompts to off. Use this setting when it is desirable to say a command immediately after pressing the talk switch and hearing a beep.

1 Press the talk switch.
Voice guidance for the voice command system can be skipped by pressing the talk switch.

Last edited by DigMyM35x; 12-04-14 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-04-14, 03:56 AM
jathreem
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YLA

First the good things:
- what I tought it would be a bit low is the best on the car. It's fun to drive, and yeah it's fast for its size (had a Mercedes cla AMG before)

But now the bad:
- Fuel range is soooo low. Catalogues in Europe says 5.5 L/100 km mixed. Normally that's about 30% wrong but it's the double. I get 10 L to 12 L/100 km! When I am doing my best really hard I get 9.5 but even that is way more.
- we buyed 2 (yeah) both have scratches at the left bottom corner of the window. When the sun is on it, you see 20 stripes.
- voice command is even older, repeats every time, you have to confirm, then say "1st" without the possibility to read the line. And after all that you still need to push manually on start with a mousepad while driving.

Questions?
Hi,

the fuel consuption is really high. Maybe it depends on your driving style...
In my experience (300h F-Sport, 3000km) 50%city, 50% highway (max. 150km/h) with "normal driving style" 7,9l/100km
Only city, 6,9l/100km
Outside city (not highway) 6,2l/100km

May I'm driving too slow, but I think not. Other experience with the same driving style with my RX400h highway+city 11l/100km, city 9,1l/100km, normal road 9,4l/100km.

Last edited by jathreem; 12-04-14 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-04-14, 04:01 AM
jathreem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Do you have AVS? How's the ride comfort and noise levels?

As for the fuel economy, that is abnormally high as I'm speaking from experience. I owned the RX hybrid which averaged 10L/100 km and a CT hybrid which I average 5.3 L/100 km. If you're in Belgium, keep in mind that winter driving is the worst case scenario and if you do mostly highway, what you are getting is more plausible. The Canadian fuel economy rating system has changed for 2015 and is much closer to real-world fuel economy. The NX300h is rated in the low 7L/100km in the city and almost 8 L/100 km on the highway. Factor in winter conditions and that will go up 20-30% . The CT is rated at 5.5L/100 km in Canada for 2015 which I got even better, so I know you should be getting better. Give it a chance in summer driving and maximize city driving and the "pulse and glide" technique to maximize electric propulsion and recharging.
Noise levels:
Motor, wind is really quiet to RX, rolling noises are bit higher then RX.
The ride comfort (without AVS) is much harder then RX, but I love it.
(I'm using the RX and NX on the same roads, shared with my partner)

Last edited by jathreem; 12-04-14 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-04-14, 02:42 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by YLA

First the good things:

But now the bad:

Questions?
cool stuff... you will learn to drive hybrid, takes a little bit to adjust.

as to the scratches, if you think thats from delivery, ask Lexus to fix it for you. It would be unusual to happen but who knows.
Old 12-04-14, 02:46 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jathreem
Hi,

the fuel consuption is really high. Maybe it depends on your driving style...
In my experience (300h F-Sport, 3000km) 50%city, 50% highway (max. 150km/h) with "normal driving style" 7,9l/100km
Only city, 6,9l/100km
Outside city (not highway) 6,2l/100km

May I'm driving too slow, but I think not. Other experience with the same driving style with my RX400h highway+city 11l/100km, city 9,1l/100km, normal road 9,4l/100km.
how much is instant mpg when you cruise at 150kmh?

Consumption sounds good. People need to remember this is heavy SUV, not CT200h.
Old 12-05-14, 12:54 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YLA
Questions?
I got those scraches too on my current IS and previous IS. I checked the used cars on dealer's lot, guess what, many of them have those scratches too. Either on drivers side or passenger side. So I'd say it is a Lexus feature.
Old 12-05-14, 07:29 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
I got those scraches too on my current IS and previous IS. I checked the used cars on dealer's lot, guess what, many of them have those scratches too. Either on drivers side or passenger side. So I'd say it is a Lexus feature.
Could you show a picture of the area? I don't recall I have one over there's but I find a very tiny bubble inside the windshield either the front or the rear one. Definitely a defect but it is not bothering so I leave it.
Old 12-05-14, 12:07 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyL
Could you show a picture of the area? I don't recall I have one over there's but I find a very tiny bubble inside the windshield either the front or the rear one. Definitely a defect but it is not bothering so I leave it.
Sorry I don't have photos of the scratches. They are vertical hairline scratches, very visible in sunlight and getting worse over the time (deep groves).Doesn't matter how I clean the felt inside I get them anyway. On my first 2IS I had them on the driver side and on my current 2IS they are on the passenger side front and rear windows.I have seen them on 2IS, CT and RX too. Haven't pay attention on the 3IS I have driven though.

Anyway, here is a thread from another forum where people noticed this on their car. Just to show you what I'm talking about.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/for...-side-windows/
Old 12-06-14, 03:34 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jathreem
Noise levels:
Motor, wind is really quiet to RX, rolling noises are bit higher then RX.
The ride comfort (without AVS) is much harder then RX, but I love it.
(I'm using the RX and NX on the same roads, shared with my partner)
Which RX are you talking about?

My views are completely the opposite - more wind and road noise in the NX and harsher ride too compared to the 450h F Sport anyway
Old 12-08-14, 01:42 AM
jathreem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rayaans
Which RX are you talking about?

My views are completely the opposite - more wind and road noise in the NX and harsher ride too compared to the 450h F Sport anyway
RX 400h Executive (2007)
Old 12-11-14, 05:27 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,052 Likes on 689 Posts

Have not seen it in person but the pics show enough. Overall I think it looks great inside and out except for two issues. The black plastic trim around each wheel well looks cheap. It looks as if the design engineers forgot the nav screen until it was to late and velcroed an Ipad to the top of the dash. Big enough issues in my opinion not to purchase.
Old 12-11-14, 11:37 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Have not seen it in person but the pics show enough. Overall I think it looks great inside and out except for two issues. The black plastic trim around each wheel well looks cheap. It looks as if the design engineers forgot the nav screen until it was to late and velcroed an Ipad to the top of the dash. Big enough issues in my opinion not to purchase.
I thought the same thing about both issues until I saw the NX in person. From the driver's seat, the nav screen looks less like an afterthought and the wheel well plastic trim blended in with the overall look of the car. This car does NOT photograph well, but it looks great in person, in my opinion.
Ray A.

Quick Reply: My review after 2 weeks