NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

is the NX release a true release or just limited until 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-14, 06:21 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the NX release a true release or just limited until 2015?

While the NX is out to pre-orders and I heard dealers may have a few on the lot I am getting the feeling it is more about getting people talking now but there will be a real supply of vehicles in 1-2 months. It is to create demand for the new year and Spring.

The reason I feel this is because:
- you can't build an NX on the lexus USA website while you can on the Canadian site
- I browsed the sites for 3 well known Lexus dealers in NJ and none of them show any NX's in their inventory
Old 12-02-14, 07:24 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Yes, it's likely the case in the US as it is in Canada despite the Canadian website having full product/build info. Here, supply is limited to first allotments (handful per dealer) in December, then subsequent ones are for 2015 onward. My dealer is only getting six, first one of which is mine , which I'm expecting it to arrive the next two weeks or so in time for the holidays.

EDIT: I'm having second thoughts based on Lexus USA claimed projected sales (deliveries) of 3000 units in December... this means the NX is in full sales force in the US, unlike Canada with the limited supply.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 12-02-14 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-02-14, 08:36 PM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news for my NX F-Sport pre-order in Calgary, Canada.

My dealership is getting their NX delivery early this week, but apparently all their F-Sport pre-orders (including mine) were cancelled and replaced with non-F-Sport's. For my Atomic Silver F-Sport preorder, Lexus is instead shipping a Matador Red Mica in the non-F-Sport Executive Trim.

I've been told to drop by the dealership later this week to check it out and test drive it. If I still want to pursue an F-Sport at that time, their next delivery batch will be sometime in Feb.

On the bright side, I've been told that they're willing to drop the price a bit for my troubles... so we'll see how the numbers will work out.

And then on a different note, apparently Lexus Canada has cancelled their downpayment + rate reduction program since November on all their vehicles. This means that for the NX, the rate will be 4.9% (as listed on Lexus.ca) regardless how much you put down.
Old 12-03-14, 04:50 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doomdealer

My dealership is getting their NX delivery early this week, but apparently all their F-Sport pre-orders (including mine) were cancelled and replaced with non-F-Sport's. For my Atomic Silver F-Sport preorder, Lexus is instead shipping a Matador Red Mica in the non-F-Sport Executive Trim.

I've been told to drop by the dealership later this week to check it out and test drive it. If I still want to pursue an F-Sport at that time, their next delivery batch will be sometime in Feb.

On the bright side, I've been told that they're willing to drop the price a bit for my troubles... so we'll see how the numbers will work out.

And then on a different note, apparently Lexus Canada has cancelled their downpayment + rate reduction program since November on all their vehicles. This means that for the NX, the rate will be 4.9% (as listed on Lexus.ca) regardless how much you put down.
Guy, are you serious? "Youve been "told"? You should tell THEM that you are a paying customer, and have already given them money in advance to place your trust in them for executing the preorder. They are now stringing you along and trying to sell you on a non F Sport and MAY offer a price drop if you sit it out for 2+ months for what you put the deposit down for??

I would have "told" them that I want I rebate on the non-Fsport today, and an even bigger rebate if waiting for the FSport...or I would go to corporate and/or share my story with any walk-ins considering a pre-order.
Old 12-03-14, 06:49 AM
kaze
Driver School Candidate

im a little skeptic when it comes to trusting the word of a car dealer. maybe they know there is higher demand in f-sport models and none with the regular ones so they trying to strip you of your order and resell at above msrp? :\
Old 12-03-14, 07:18 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kaze
im a little skeptic when it comes to trusting the word of a car dealer. maybe they know there is higher demand in f-sport models and none with the regular ones so they trying to strip you of your order and resell at above msrp? :\
That could be true too, though from my perspective, I can afford to wait the 2 months if the price discount is significant enough. Normally, it'd be hard to expect a discount on the NX given its initial popularity.

As for the comment about how I should be 'demanding' the dealership to sell me stuff, we'll have to see when I have the actual dollar amount they are offering. This dealership has been pretty reputable so far from the online reviews and from my dealings with them, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 12-03-14, 08:31 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

So which store is it; Lexus of Calgary? Have they had their official launch party yet?
Old 12-03-14, 04:31 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Depending on which package your pre-ordered F-Sport NX is supposed to have, I wouldn't have been "compromised" to get a non F-Sport NX unless you need the car right now.

While the non F-Sport NX is appealing, the North American version lacks paddle shifters and LED cornering light. F-Sport NX with top package also has AVS as well. And Atomic Silver and Matador Red Mica have nothing in common.
Old 12-03-14, 04:35 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

@Doomdealer, your situation is unfortunate and puzzling. I suspect the dealer made the error or assumed they were guaranteed their order when in fact they did not do their due diligence to confirm. Somebody obviously dropped the ball.

I put my deposit back in April the moment it was unveiled in Beijing, and my F-Sport Series 2 pre-order was submitted first week of August alongside the handful more my dealer ordered for their allowed first allotment for 2014. I actually got a my NX VIN number last week and it was then sent for shipping. I expect it to arrive in Vancouver in a week or so from now and another week or so to my dealer, in time for Christmas (my hope). However, you got me wondering if my VIN is really my order...

So with this said, when did your dealer submit the allocation to Lexus Japan? Were you ever given a VIN?
Old 12-03-14, 07:30 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Why are so many on here upset with the OP dealer? Things like this CAN and DO happen. It;s not like the dealer is telling him that he MUST take whatever they are offering him. He can simply tell the dealer that he will wait for an F-Sport to come in. It is not like he HAS to accept a non- F-sport or anything.

That being said, this guy trust this dealer and that is fine. Even if I trusted the dealer implicitly, I would ask the dealer for details and than ask them how much MORE they are going to reduce his price for the F-Sport when it finally does get delivered. Afterall, time is money and the dealer schewed this one up so they would likely provide him an incentive to wait the additional time. it's not like he MUST GET A CAR NOW disease that so many appear to have.
Old 12-04-14, 03:25 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
@Doomdealer, your situation is unfortunate and puzzling. I suspect the dealer made the error or assumed they were guaranteed their order when in fact they did not do their due diligence to confirm. Somebody obviously dropped the ball.

I put my deposit back in April the moment it was unveiled in Beijing, and my F-Sport Series 2 pre-order was submitted first week of August alongside the handful more my dealer ordered for their allowed first allotment for 2014. I actually got a my NX VIN number last week and it was then sent for shipping. I expect it to arrive in Vancouver in a week or so from now and another week or so to my dealer, in time for Christmas (my hope). However, you got me wondering if my VIN is really my order...

So with this said, when did your dealer submit the allocation to Lexus Japan? Were you ever given a VIN?
You could probably ask the dealer to decode your VIN and see if the description matches up with your order. I'd imagine you could at least confirm color and F-Sport.

Assuming there's no NX decoder online yet and Lexus uses the same general scheme as the RX you could perhaps overlay the description fields of your NX onto your RX VIN and use an online decoder?
Old 12-04-14, 06:40 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Just to reply to some of the questions...

- I've been dealing with Lexus of Royal Oak.

- The pre-order was placed back around late June - early July time frame for an F-Sport series 2 (with AVS). Deposit was made at the time of the pre-order.

- No VIN was given to me, though they did show me the order sheet they placed with Lexus. I'm not sure if the dealership had a VIN or not.

- I agree with comments that it is unlikely I'd settle for a non-F Sport model, but I'll reserve my comments until I see the car(s) in person and test drive them.

- The dealership was extremely apologetic when they notified me about the unexpected delay. Over the 10 minutes of conversation with them, they apologized at least 15+ times. Sure, they might be trying to pull a fast one, but I have no reason to doubt them yet at this point.

- I'm not in a rush to get the vehicle right now (though I am disappointed for sure), so I'm okay with waiting a month or 2 if that means some sort of a discount off MSRP.
Old 12-04-14, 02:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

that does not seem like it is reality... maybe dealer is trying to get you into another car.
Old 12-05-14, 07:54 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It seems that the demand of NX in Japan is so high that if someone has to order one in Japan today (Dec 5), the waiting time to get one shipped out for the factory is 7 - 9 months from now.

http://lexus.jp/news/141205_nx/index.html

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

9 months for any F-Sport NX200t/NX300h
7 months for non F-Sport NX200t/NX300h
Old 12-06-14, 03:16 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by AndyL
It seems that the demand of NX in Japan is so high that if someone has to order one in Japan today (Dec 5), the waiting time to get one shipped out for the factory is 7 - 9 months from now.

http://lexus.jp/news/141205_nx/index.html

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

9 months for any F-Sport NX200t/NX300h
7 months for non F-Sport NX200t/NX300h
Thanks for the update AndyL. The Lexus Execs must be super thrilled but at the same time concerned on the consumer impacts and how they missed on their sales projections and planned capacity. Current capacity at 120k units for the global market is clearly insufficient as other markets are starting to show similar signs. They talked about the possibility of expanding capacity to RAV4 plants several months back if a need arose - now they are surely closely monitoring this as a possibility.

Quick Reply: is the NX release a true release or just limited until 2015?