NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

is the NX release a true release or just limited until 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-14, 05:50 AM
Phredcat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following everyone's posts for a number of months now, and since my dealer received its first allocation of NX models this week, the anticipation is growing. I put a deposit down earlier this year to provide me with a priority place, but since I was very specific in what I wanted -- an NX300h in Matador Red Mica w/crème interior -- the wait will be a little longer, as my dealer didn't get any of these in their first allocation (from the US NE Region). I was told there were a total of 8 Matador Red NX300h vehicles, 7 of which had the crème interior; one each of those went to other Lexus dealers in my area, and when my dealer inquired about swapping, they were told that the others had been spoken for. My dealer also reports that the hybrids will be more scarce, coming in at like 1 hybrid for every 10 "t" models, due in large part to the worldwide demand (as you've all already discussed) and due to the "competition" w/other Lexus/Toyota hybrids for the batteries. The dealer is expecting 2 more hybrids soon, but none in my desired color.

The positive news, however, is that my dealer finally received word this week that they've been allocated a Matador Red Mica NX300h w/crème interior -- they have the MSRP label for it with a VIN -- and it will be *mine*. It's scheduled for manufacture later this month, and to ship out from Japan on 1/9/15, w/arrival at the port in Newark ~ 2/7/15.

Meanwhile, I did go by the dealer yesterday and, for the first time, saw these little "puppies" in person. After all the anticipation and hype, I -- for one -- was not disappointed! It's all I was hoping it would be, and more. I did get to take a short test drive in the one demo 300h, including a brief spin on the local interstate (it was still during the a.m. rush hour, so speeds were not maximum -- this is the Metro Washington, DC area, after all). I'll have to wait until at least mid-February for mine, but it will have been worth it.
Old 12-06-14, 06:38 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

Originally Posted by Phredcat
I've been following everyone's posts for a number of months now, and since my dealer received its first allocation of NX models this week, the anticipation is growing. I put a deposit down earlier this year to provide me with a priority place, but since I was very specific in what I wanted -- an NX300h in Matador Red Mica w/crème interior -- the wait will be a little longer, as my dealer didn't get any of these in their first allocation (from the US NE Region). I was told there were a total of 8 Matador Red NX300h vehicles, 7 of which had the crème interior; one each of those went to other Lexus dealers in my area, and when my dealer inquired about swapping, they were told that the others had been spoken for. My dealer also reports that the hybrids will be more scarce, coming in at like 1 hybrid for every 10 "t" models, due in large part to the worldwide demand (as you've all already discussed) and due to the "competition" w/other Lexus/Toyota hybrids for the batteries. The dealer is expecting 2 more hybrids soon, but none in my desired color.

The positive news, however, is that my dealer finally received word this week that they've been allocated a Matador Red Mica NX300h w/crème interior -- they have the MSRP label for it with a VIN -- and it will be *mine*. It's scheduled for manufacture later this month, and to ship out from Japan on 1/9/15, w/arrival at the port in Newark ~ 2/7/15.

Meanwhile, I did go by the dealer yesterday and, for the first time, saw these little "puppies" in person. After all the anticipation and hype, I -- for one -- was not disappointed! It's all I was hoping it would be, and more. I did get to take a short test drive in the one demo 300h, including a brief spin on the local interstate (it was still during the a.m. rush hour, so speeds were not maximum -- this is the Metro Washington, DC area, after all). I'll have to wait until at least mid-February for mine, but it will have been worth it.
Congratulations. You are spending fair amount of money. No reason to compromise. IMHO it is definitely worth the wait. It looks like US market is exact opposite of European and Asian market in terms of Hybrid\Turbo ratio.
Old 12-06-14, 09:45 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

We've only had one NX show up early, kind of a surprise at my dealership. It sold in a few hours lol. We are expecting a few more before the end of the month. I Kind of have a hunch that lexus wants to truly launch them in the beginning of 2015. It's a cool car! Wasn't what I was expecting at all. It's really quick for a 4 banger!
Old 12-06-14, 11:01 PM
NurseDMB
Driver School Candidate

Went to Park Place Dallas this weekend to "look" at one and ended up buying one. We will get it in early January. He said it is currently on a ship in the Pacific headed to LA right now.

Not sure how true he was but he said they were getting 70 of them before the end of the year. Had about 8 at the dealership today. Lots of people looking at the demos.