NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

MY NX Impression

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-14, 10:36 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

Had a busy Saturday, first stop was at Lexus to check out and test drive a NX200t. It was ok, it was cool since it is new, but since we already have a 2014 RX350 and a 2009 Venza, which I typicaly drive on weekends, I was not sure we needed another SUV type vehicle.

So my next stop was at the BMW dealership, where I traded in my 2002 330i for a 2012 328i Coupe, it's in perfect condition, low mileage (17k), Navigation, Xenons, "M" Sport interior and handling package, the original MSRP was @ $48,700 and I got it for $29,600 with (1) year of (free) maintenance and (3) years of warranty left.

So, I am officially out of the NX market for at least the next (5) years.

Best of luck to those who get a NX and I may zip over here to read about everyone's experiences, as I will still be frequenting the RX forum.

Last edited by Dreamlab; 12-13-14 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-14-14, 02:36 PM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there, not a Lexus owner but interested in owning an NX. Currently drive a '10 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD and while it has a few features that the NX doesn't have, the NX does have newer features/technology that my Volvo doesn't have.

If any of you existing owners can share feedback on how you find the infotainment and Navigation whether easy to use/navigate regarding the touchpad would be much appreciated. Honestly, am quite happy with my Volvo as it has been a reliable and safe vehicle for us however looking to update to possibly a Lexus/NX as main considerations are am not happy with the service with our only local Volvo dealer where I live.

Not sure if after sales service matters to most people but it does matter to me....thanks!
Old 12-15-14, 05:24 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekbiss
Hello there, not a Lexus owner but interested in owning an NX. Currently drive a '10 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD and while it has a few features that the NX doesn't have, the NX does have newer features/technology that my Volvo doesn't have.

If any of you existing owners can share feedback on how you find the infotainment and Navigation whether easy to use/navigate regarding the touchpad would be much appreciated. Honestly, am quite happy with my Volvo as it has been a reliable and safe vehicle for us however looking to update to possibly a Lexus/NX as main considerations are am not happy with the service with our only local Volvo dealer where I live.

Not sure if after sales service matters to most people but it does matter to me....thanks!
I just placed a deposit on a 200t F-Sport, so I am still waiting for its arrival. I did however test drive a fully loaded 200h on Saturday. The touch pad was not very difficult to use, but will definitely take some getting used to. But for just jumping in the car and using it, it was not all that difficult.

My last three cars/SUV's were Acura's. I liked it because the dealer ship was about 5-10 minutes from my house. One of my hold-ups with Lexus when I started looking at the NX months ago was the fact that the dealership was around 20 miles/45 minutes away. Not terrible but still not the quick 5-10 minutes Acura was. I casually mentioned this after test driving the 300h. The sales person said, that is no big deal at all since the dealership has a home-valet service. You call them when you need service, in the morning they would drop off a Lexus loaner and then drive the NX to the dealership for whatever service you need, even state inspections. Honestly that had me floored, I never knew Lexus offered that, and free of charge. After that visit I understood how and why people kept saying Lexus service is on a whole different level than others.
Old 12-15-14, 05:47 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by DenM54
One of my hold-ups with Lexus when I started looking at the NX months ago was the fact that the dealership was around 20 miles/45 minutes away. Not terrible but still not the quick 5-10 minutes Acura was. I casually mentioned this after test driving the 300h. The sales person said, that is no big deal at all since the dealership has a home-valet service. You call them when you need service, in the morning they would drop off a Lexus loaner and then drive the NX to the dealership for whatever service you need, even state inspections. Honestly that had me floored, I never knew Lexus offered that, and free of charge. After that visit I understood how and why people kept saying Lexus service is on a whole different level than others.
Interesting, I never heard of a valet service to your home. There must be limit to how far they will valet though. Your 20 miles/45min is probably close their limit. Do you know what the limit may be for your dealer?
Old 12-15-14, 09:15 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Interesting, I never heard of a valet service to your home. There must be limit to how far they will valet though. Your 20 miles/45min is probably close their limit. Do you know what the limit may be for your dealer?
The dealer stated the distance limit was 60 miles, which is pretty impressive.