NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

MY NX Impression

Old 12-01-14, 05:21 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
Thank you for the link. After viewing photos on the forum, various YouTube videos and photos on Japanese NX blog, I am learning toward Obsidian/RRed like yours for reasons you mentioned. You really took words out of my mouth. The trade off is like you mentioned the challenge of maintaining it clean especially in Seattle area where it rains a lot . The dealer I am buying from offers free car wash so I plan to take full advantage of it.
Awesome!

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
unless you picking NX for its cargo space, otherwise your rant on the BMW is way off base. a 2015 435 Grand Coupe with m sport package, technology and premium packages can be had for a little bit over $50k after discounts in socal area. you said you don't want to pay $60k for a 3/4 series BMW, but you will pay $45k for a Toyota Rav 4 with a new motor? that's $20k difference there. like i said if you need cargo space then NX is a better buy than 435 GC, but overall 435 GC isn't that terrible of a choice.

Correction. NX contains 10% RAV4 DNA. The remaining 90%, components, ride, drive, build, and styling is all Lexus.
Old 12-03-14, 02:10 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I stopped into my Lexus dealer today to see their first NX in their showroom. I must say I was impressed seeing the 200t. In the next day or two I hope to take a test drive in it...but I do plan to buy the 300h. So far the dealer has not received a 300h, but I did pick up an invoice for one due into the dealership. It appears from the invoice to be fully loaded with the Luxury Package. The total MRSP was 50,809.00 . The car coming in is Obsidian which I have no interest in buying. For what they cost I'm going to wait for a Matador Red with the Flaxen interior.
I was told that the 300h's that come in will be fully loaded with the Luxury Package.

The invoice also listed a Preferred Package for 264.00 . Does anyone know what that package includes?
Old 12-03-14, 02:21 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
The invoice also listed a Preferred Package for 264.00 . Does anyone know what that package includes?
Preferred Package is typically a trunk mat, cargo net and wheel locks.
Old 12-03-14, 04:18 PM
rodblder44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

Originally Posted by 4482
I stopped into my Lexus dealer today to see their first NX in their showroom. I must say I was impressed seeing the 200t. In the next day or two I hope to take a test drive in it...but I do plan to buy the 300h. So far the dealer has not received a 300h, but I did pick up an invoice for one due into the dealership. It appears from the invoice to be fully loaded with the Luxury Package. The total MRSP was 50,809.00 . The car coming in is Obsidian which I have no interest in buying. For what they cost I'm going to wait for a Matador Red with the Flaxen interior.
I was told that the 300h's that come in will be fully loaded with the Luxury Package.

the msrp is more than i paid last month for a 2015 RX F sport loaded...............
Old 12-03-14, 07:28 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Thanks as that makes sense.
Old 12-05-14, 04:08 AM
Dreamlab
Rookie

The more reports I read, the more confused I get, it just shows that everyone has different expectations. And these expectations seem to be based on the car you currently drive, the cars you have owned in the past and other cars that are out there from other manufacturers. Oh, and then you have to consider your height and weight and then your significant others height & weight.

The only way to know for sure is to go drive one, which I may try to do soon, but I have pretty much given up on getting one of the first releases, as someone else mentioned, they are NOT motivated to give any huge discounts with such a limited supply.

We have an RX350 and a BMW 330, so I was hoping for something that fits and feels in between these...
Old 12-05-14, 05:07 AM
jathreem
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
The more reports I read, the more confused I get, it just shows that everyone has different expectations. And these expectations seem to be based on the car you currently drive, the cars you have owned in the past and other cars that are out there from other manufacturers. Oh, and then you have to consider your height and weight and then your significant others height & weight.

The only way to know for sure is to go drive one, which I may try to do soon, but I have pretty much given up on getting one of the first releases, as someone else mentioned, they are NOT motivated to give any huge discounts with such a limited supply.

We have an RX350 and a BMW 330, so I was hoping for something that fits and feels in between these...
Dear Dreamlab,

you are full right. The different expectations and experiences give the chance for all car producers to make several types of cars.
I'm using and driving my NX since 3 weeks. I love it, and I now that the NX is not an RX on BMW, etc ( I have both ). Everybody should test it, drive it, and make a desicion for buying one or even not.
By buying a car it will be NEVER a rational decision, it will be FULL emotional.
These emotions can be enhanced by discounts, it depends on the sales and marketing strategy of the brand and the dealer.
Old 12-05-14, 05:36 AM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
you said you don't want to pay $60k for a 3/4 series BMW, but you will pay $45k for a Toyota Rav 4 with a new motor?
Sorry, but I don't get this view. The NX is not just a "RAV 4 with a new motor", as others have pointed out. While it shares 10% of parts with the RAV4 - which is understandable and not necessarily a bad thing - the rest of the NX is unique to the NX. Whether it is worth $45K is for the market to decide, just like everything else sold on the market. The view that Lexuses are just overpriced Toyotas is heard quite often. It is supposed to be a put down or an insult. It implies that Lexus buyers can't really afford true luxury cars (aka German brands). IMO, it's a juvenile way of thinking. Quality is quality, regardless of nameplate.
Old 12-05-14, 10:15 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

So true. Only way to be sure is see the car in person test drive yourself. I can confirm dealer's got upper hand right now in price negotiation. They have no reason to give any discount as they have no problem selling every single one of them.

Originally Posted by jathreem
Dear Dreamlab,
By buying a car it will be NEVER a rational decision, it will be FULL emotional.
This is true for me. If I were a rational person I would 1) not buy a new car because of depreciation hit 2) settle with Honda CRV that comes with most of features NX comes with and less expensive. But I dig NX styling so here I am.
Old 12-06-14, 06:00 PM
m1964
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

...We have an RX350 and a BMW 330, so I was hoping for something that fits and feels in between these...
Get a Q5 - excellent ride too
Old 12-08-14, 01:29 PM
NurseDMB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Preferred package has Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Key glove, Wheel locks and, rear bumper protector.

Reserved mine this past weekend and thats what is on the printout of the exact options on the one we are getting.

It's currently on a ship in the Pacific somewhere with 100's of other NX's

Old 12-09-14, 05:15 AM
lds
Driver School Candidate

Last weekend I was at the Lexus dealer getting an oil change for my 2007 ES350, and got to see the newly arrived, fully loaded NX200t.

I am in the market for a new car or small SUV ... Not sure what I want yet, but I will definitely go back for a test drive.

The NX is beautiful and it felt great sitting in the drivers seat. The only thing I wasn't so happy with is the sunroof and the navigation screen sticking out of the dashboard, The sunroof does not open into the roof -- it sticks up. I know this is for additional headroom, but I don't like it.
Old 12-11-14, 05:24 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,050 Likes on 687 Posts

Have not seen it in person but the pics show enough. Overall I think it looks great inside and out except for two issues. The black plastic trim around each wheel well looks cheap. It looks as if the design engineers forgot the nav screen until it was to late and velcroed an Ipad to the top of the dash. Big enough issues in my opinion not to purchase.
Old 12-11-14, 04:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Have not seen it in person but the pics show enough. Overall I think it looks great inside and out except for two issues. The black plastic trim around each wheel well looks cheap. It looks as if the design engineers forgot the nav screen until it was to late and velcroed an Ipad to the top of the dash. Big enough issues in my opinion not to purchase.
I had a similar reaction until I saw the quality fit and finish of the materials in person and I now don't mind the them. Check out the NX in person, you never know...
Old 12-11-14, 07:50 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I had a similar reaction until I saw the quality fit and finish of the materials in person and I now don't mind the them. Check out the NX in person, you never know...
The black plastic trims don't look cheap at all when seeing the NXs in person. They will save a few rock chips and they suit the personality of the car -- a more rugged/sporty look. X3/X1 have a similar treatment for the wheel arch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY NX Impression