NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Launch Sales Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-14, 04:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by doomdealer
I agree that the MSRP is in the expected range - there wasn't any real surprises there.

However, now that we have Lexus Canada's NX online configurator available, their advertised rates seem a bit high to me (4.9% @ 48 months lease or 60 months finance). I was originally hoping for 1-2% less than that.

Also, the website does not automatically decrease the rate by 0.1% per $1000 of downpayment. This works for other Lexus vehicles like the RX or IS. I am not sure if this is an oversight or not, but I was hoping to put like $20k down to drop the rate down to a more manageable 2.9%. If I can't bring the rate down, I might pass on my NX pre-order.
There was a 3-day event back in late October that gave a 1% reduction in the lease rate and first month's payment was free. I contacted my sales rep stating how ready I was to sign the NX on those conditions and that I would miss it because the NX pricing is not out. In short, he is honouring this, however, to note that I have bought five Lexus' vehicles from him... In any event, it's worth you try especially if you are a repeat buyer. He also recently suggested I wait a few more days to hear for any possible December to Remember specials, though he and I are both skeptical about this applying to the RC or the NX.

As for the security deposit, it's a bug in the tools since the rate reduction from Lexus has always been 0.15% per every 750$ security deposit. Most I put was 10K (on the pricier RX) and I believe there's a limit which may change depending on vehicle. If you go back to the tool and select the second "$0" amount, rate drops by 0.15%. Select the third "$0" and drop is "0.3%, and so on.