NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Deciding between 200t F-Sport and 300h ... Please help :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-14, 05:29 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
The LEDs are not standard for the F Sport and 300h ... The first run builds coming to our region for both the F sport and 300h do not include the LEDs. It appears they are an $1160 option ... They come with auto bright lights on the 300h but not the F Sport. The LEDs are included in the Luxury Package on the 300h but that package is not part of the first run of 300h model for my region (Midwest).
EXCELLENT information and may also impact our decision as to when to consider one of these as we have basically decided that the luxury package is a 'must have' requirement. Are you saying that the LL package then INCLUDES the LED headlights or are you saying that you much 1st have the LL and then the LED's is an available option for that $1,160 point?
Old 11-13-14, 11:02 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I think you guys are off a bit....The Premium Pkg. includes the LED"s for the 200t & F Sport.
Old 11-13-14, 11:48 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crankshaft
I think you guys are off a bit....The Premium Pkg. includes the LED"s for the 200t & F Sport.
I think you might be off, here is a link to the scan of the NA brochure that I did and have in my possession and no where does it list the LED's as part of any package for any model.

http://philwojo.com/lexus/2015.Lexus...re.pdf#page=24

They are, however, listed under the individual options section on that page.

I am not saying that this will be the case once we get the "Build" page from Lexus, but it is what is in the brochure.

Phil
Old 11-13-14, 01:54 PM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Let's clear the air.....Husker4the stated LEDs included in the Luxury pkg.
I'm saying....if you look on page 22 under the PACKAGES....Premium pkg. is the only package that states Enhanced (LED) daytime running lights (DRL) with integrated turn signals. not the Luxury pkg.

Individual Options:....lower left side of page shows Premium Triple-Beam LED headlamps as an option.
Attached Thumbnails Deciding between 200t F-Sport and 300h ... Please help :)-nxtcover.jpg   Deciding between 200t F-Sport and 300h ... Please help :)-nxtcover2.jpg  
Old 11-13-14, 05:25 PM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
You pretty much summed up the differences.

One key difference besides aesthetics is the ride. Expect the F-Sport to be stiffer and determine if that's a deal breaker for you.

Next, based on the RX/RXh and ES/ESh pricing strategy, expect at least a 3-4k premium between the F-Sport and 300h comparing top loaded ones because the hybrid tech costs, leather seating, power rear folding seat, cooled seats, etch on the h will more than offset the cost of the sport suspension and front bumper.

Other points:
the 200t takes premium vs regular gas for the hybrid.
The graphite F-Sport wheels only come with summer rubber 235/55/18.
If you don't mind the RX bumper vs the RX F-Sport bumper, chances are the regular NX bumper may appeal to you and grow on you over time.
You lose less than an inch in floor height in the cargo area with the h model (it's negligible).
Not sure if the triple L LED headlights are available on the F-Sport in the US. All the US model test vehicles I've seen had the round projector LED headlights.
Like the IS, the Fsport may also likely miss features like dynamic radar cruise, pre collision, and rear cross traffic alert, and memory seats with easy exit and power tilt/telescopic steering.

For me, it's form over function which is why the FSport won my heart, but sounds like, to me the creature comforts especially the smooth and frugal hybrid powertrain (saving you gas station trips), leather seating, extra tech, sounds like the h is the better one for you.

PS, you can always change wheels from the h if you really don't like them.

Hope this helps.
Actually sent an email to my salesgirl early in the week, I am going through the same hard decision as well. Form or function. I LOVE the look of the F sport, but l think the 300h is the more responsible way to go.....decisions.....decisions.

I still have plenty of time to decide and coming here helps me weigh the pros and cons...

Thanks guys!
Old 11-13-14, 06:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ Having owned two Lexus Hybrids, if I was on the fence overall as some of you are after having weighed form, function, and upfront cost, I would go for the 300h hands down. The library quiet electric drive is luxury all in itself plus the MPGs as a bonus, makes the h a winner. Keep in mind you will be in the car experiencing the seating comfort, interior, powertain, and overall drive for a lot longer than standing outside the car and staring at the front end.

If you're wondering why I haven't gone for the 300h but the F-Sport? Well, simply put, I'm not on the fence at all . I'm a big fan of the F-Sport look and brand and if it was available in N.A., my ideal choice would be a 300h F-Sport.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-13-14 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 09:31 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

I have decided on the F Sport if I go with the NX. My dealer said my wait may be a while due to the lack of F Sports available and the fact I want the summer wheel/tire. The wait could lead to me have a change of heart on the NX in general.

I have an order sheet listing all the options and am disappointed that Lane Keep Assist is not an option on the F Sport. Everything else was as expected - no power seats available either on F Sport.

My F Sport decision mainly rests on my complete dislike of the shark nose ... Just can't get over it. The crappy rim choices for the non-F Soort didn't help either. I also really liked the F Sport seats of the IS I sat in and that helped the decision.

Triple LEDs are a standalone option for sure. The LEDs in the package are DRLs.
Old 11-14-14, 05:07 AM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I have decided on the F Sport if I go with the NX. My dealer said my wait may be a while due to the lack of F Sports available and the fact I want the summer wheel/tire. The wait could lead to me have a change of heart on the NX in general.

I have an order sheet listing all the options and am disappointed that Lane Keep Assist is not an option on the F Sport. Everything else was as expected - no power seats available either on F Sport.

My F Sport decision mainly rests on my complete dislike of the shark nose ... Just can't get over it. The crappy rim choices for the non-F Soort didn't help either. I also really liked the F Sport seats of the IS I sat in and that helped the decision.

Triple LEDs are a standalone option for sure. The LEDs in the package are DRLs.
This is where the decision is the hardest, really dislike the shark nose, like that the 300h has a bit better mileage and love the F sport wheels. Keep waiting....
If only 300h Fsport...
Old 11-14-14, 06:58 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crankshaft
Let's clear the air.....Husker4the stated LEDs included in the Luxury pkg.
I'm saying....if you look on page 22 under the PACKAGES....Premium pkg. is the only package that states Enhanced (LED) daytime running lights (DRL) with integrated turn signals. not the Luxury pkg.

Individual Options:....lower left side of page shows Premium Triple-Beam LED headlamps as an option.
Crankshaft, you do see that says daytime running lights and not headlights right? Those are the new "L" shaped lights underneath the actual headlights, not the headlights themselves. So, yes those are LED, but the headlights themselves are still listed under the individual options section only, and not as part of any package.

Phil