NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX F Sport in hand, what do you want to know?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-14, 09:10 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to LOVE our GX but the fuel economy sucked so we went to a HiHy and will consider a NX200h as our next vehicle. Any guidance on the fuel economy of the 200h? Wife was considering the ES300h but values the higher seating posiiton than the car would afford.
Old 09-15-14, 06:38 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree the spindle grill will be sticking around. The NX will be the test of how audacious it will become.

Since '08 RX sales had been flat in the US, jumping between mid 80k and mid 90k, then in 2013 they put the spindle on it and pretty much no other changes. 103k sold that year, with a bunch popping up in my neighborhood.
Old 09-15-14, 11:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The GX doubled in sales the last 12 months since the spindle was put on the front while all else remained the same.
hahaha, actually not everything else remained the same my gx review is coming up. the grille is only a part of it and personally i don't think that's the reason for the jump in sales.
Old 09-15-14, 01:23 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha, actually not everything else remained the same my gx review is coming up. the grille is only a part of it and personally i don't think that's the reason for the jump in sales.
...then have your review UP fast....dealers around here typically give about $1k off of MSRP since they don't have enough to sell.
Old 09-15-14, 01:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

nice job on responding to the questions!
Old 09-15-14, 02:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
...then have your review UP fast....dealers around here typically give about $1k off of MSRP since they don't have enough to sell.
yes the car is in high demand right now. i am surprised the 1k off msrp. here in socal, you can have a bit more discount than that

Originally Posted by spwolf
nice job on responding to the questions!
thanks, i try. the nx is generating so much buzz and i think there are still so many unanswered questions.

i have the car until tomorrow so if there is anything else i can check just let me know

here are few more things that i gathered over the weekend

there are the tires used on the car (f sport).

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....l=Dueler+H%2FL

so it's highway all season in 235/55/18
Old 09-15-14, 02:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

also, in terms of space, fist row is no problem. 2nd row leg room is decent and once you get into the car, the head room is ok too, especially if you recline the seats a bit.

but for 2nd row, my concern is the entry point head room. couple of my passengers when getting into the car they commented how they almost hit on their head or how they had to bend down their head to get in. same thing when i tried to lift my kids into the car (car seats), their heads come pretty close

cargo room is reasonable, a bit smaller than the rx. again, the height dimension is the key, it can't hold tall boxes as good by comparison to rx
Old 09-15-14, 03:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

yes the car is in high demand right now. i am surprised the 1k off msrp. here in socal, you can have a bit more discount than that

thanks, i try. the nx is generating so much buzz and i think there are still so many unanswered questions.

i have the car until tomorrow so if there is anything else i can check just let me know

here are few more things that i gathered over the weekend

there are the tires used on the car (f sport).

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....l=Dueler+H%2FL

so it's highway all season in 235/55/18
in general, i am interested in the writeup and how everything feels inside and while driving. Comparing refinement, MPG and pickup of 2.0t to other cars in the segment (not official numbers but real life).

When will the article be online, next week or?
Old 09-15-14, 04:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

in general, i am interested in the writeup and how everything feels inside and while driving. Comparing refinement, MPG and pickup of 2.0t to other cars in the segment (not official numbers but real life).

When will the article be online, next week or?
will definitely cover those areas, i think those are all the areas where the car shines. i think lexus is really doing the car right targeting young audience.

i target to finish my review by end of the week, but it is really up to the management to push them through. my gx and lx reviews are already in the pipe
Old 09-15-14, 04:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

will definitely cover those areas, i think those are all the areas where the car shines. i think lexus is really doing the car right targeting young audience.

i target to finish my review by end of the week, but it is really up to the management to push them through. my gx and lx reviews are already in the pipe
sounds awesome... no chance of getting NX300h?

Unfortunately, due to our taxing system, 200t is going to end up being too expensive... on something like 200t, i would have to pay between 10% and 12% extra due to CO2. Thats likely not going to happen :-)
Old 09-15-14, 08:50 PM
caudlek
Driver

[...due to our taxing system, 200t is going to end up being too expensive... on something like 200t, i would have to pay between 10% and 12% extra due to CO2. Thats likely not going to happen ]

Sounds like you might be from Canada? Anyway, i got out to the dealer in Ottawa today to take a look at the NX ..... even at noon there were customers swarming. For those in Canada its expected to start at ~$40k cdn ... given the RX starts at $50K that makes sense.

Looks bigger in back than my IS so that's a bonus. Deciding weather I go for the NX, or another IS, will probably depend on which of those newer options are left off the North American hit list. HUD and top view cam are big selling points for me.

I read somewhere that the new turbo 2.0 is rumored to be the next entry level engine for the IS series sometime in the near future. Sounds interesting.

KC
Old 09-15-14, 09:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sounds awesome... no chance of getting NX300h?

Unfortunately, due to our taxing system, 200t is going to end up being too expensive... on something like 200t, i would have to pay between 10% and 12% extra due to CO2. Thats likely not going to happen :-)
i might take on the 300h later on, but i want to take a little break from all the suvs for now (4 suvs in 4 weeks)

i do have an interesting thought on hybrid reviews
Old 09-16-14, 08:04 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

i might take on the 300h later on, but i want to take a little break from all the suvs for now (4 suvs in 4 weeks)

When you do the Hybrid review just keep in mind that EVERY SINGLE HYBRID buyer is motivated FIRST by fuel economy. Nobody is really spending the additional $'s simply to say that they "own" a Hybird so please don't take the review that direction like so many other have with the recent NX reviews.

We own a 2012 Diesel X5d 4x4 which averages around 26MPG combined and a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4x4 that gets 26MPG combined so in regards to fuel economy, they are nearly identical in mixed as well as long distance driving. The Hybrid is a "bit" better in the city but not by much. We were extremely dissappointed that our '06 did NOT get the 31MPG it was advertised to have gotten back when we traded in our '04 GX470.
Old 09-16-14, 08:19 AM
lcneed
Driver

I would be interested in how the NX300H would compare to the CT200H. It seems like it would be an upgrade in most everything except MPG.
Old 09-16-14, 09:55 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the great reviews so far! glad to hear it feels like a 3IS!

I am interested in getting one. Throw some headers, exhaust, wheels and bag it and call it a legit daily for me

Quick Reply: NX F Sport in hand, what do you want to know?