Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

NX preview events@Canadian dealerships

Old 08-22-14, 09:40 AM   #1
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default NX preview events@Canadian dealerships

Just got this from email from Lexus Canada..

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/nx/events
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 08-22-14, 11:51 AM   #2
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion

Yeah, great news! Already planning to attend.

corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 08:11 AM   #3
TorontoIS
Lead Lap

I'm going to go as well.

2011 Lexus RX 450h AWD and Ultra Premium Package 1, Smokey Grey Metallic, Black interior

2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super, Dragon Red
TorontoIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 06:50 AM   #4
JasDmw
Driver

So we attended the preview last night. Static display; it was a Japanese model; right hand drive. 200T F sport in red, no sun roof but Mark Levinson sound!

Pros; size is nice. We sat in a new RX F right next to it in the show room and the Wife commented how "big" the RX is. This was not a production vehicle; there was odd and unfinished heat shielding on one of the cooling tubes at the top of the engine. No big engine cover like in the RX; you can actually see something under the hood. General fit and finish was typical Lexus quality though; very nice. Nice quality buttons, etc. That new touch pad may be interesting. The car wasn't on, but the fact it is to work like a smart phone would be cool to try. We played with the joy stick in the RXF and it seemed a bit odd, less intuitive than the touch interface on the NX. But again, it wasn't "on", so until I try it for real, don't really know which is preferred. The charging pad was in the NX; looked interesting.

Cons; the seats are too narrow. I'm not svelte, 6', 230 Lbs. and the bolsters in the lower seats cut into my thighs. Wouldn't want to do a long road trip with those. Perhaps the non F sport seats are different. Odd placement of the start button; high on the dash. Back seat room seemed adequate from the knee to rear of front seat; both Wife and I were in the back and it was tight, particularly when the center arm rest was lowered. This is a 4 passenger vehicle for sure. However, no sunroof meant likely a bit more headroom than will be on those with the sun roof. Then the front end; I'm not sold. The F sport grill looked really odd to me. The L logo was massive; almost kitschish. The display wasn't on either, but it sticks out like an afterthought. I think the designers should have integrated it into the dash; there seems to be enough of it.

The rear tailgate is rounded outwards too; didn't get that from the various pictures around. And the tops of the tail lights protrude quite a ways out, almost forming a shelf. Dangerous for things potentially dropping on them and I can imagine not cheap to replace should they break.

So in summary, until I see a 200T non-F Sport and get to drive it, I'm still on the fence. May just go with an RX and may wait to see the 2016 version. Long wait though; am told it's not due until October 2015.

And if you are interested, they have an LFA in the showroom as well. Not sure if it's new, but this was a limited edition; 1 of only 10 in Canada.
JasDmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 06:50 AM