NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Which color would you PURCHASE on the NX?
Atomic Silver
22.31%
Eminent White
24.70%
Obsidian
8.76%
Matador Red Mica
7.17%
Ultrasonic Blue Mica
9.16%
Fire Agate Pearl
2.39%
Meteor Blue Mica
3.59%
Nebula Gray Pearl
16.33%
Silver Lining Metallic
5.58%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?

Old 04-13-15, 06:14 PM
Holt2008
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a vote in for fire agate. Love the way it looks and the fact that not too many of them out there.
Old 04-13-15, 06:49 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Holt2008
I have a vote in for fire agate. Love the way it looks and the fact that not too many of them out there.

Love how it's almost black in low lighting, transformed into a rich dark bronze brown in bright light.
Old 04-13-15, 07:02 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Holt2008
I had a FAP 2IS that I just traded in for a NGP 3IS. I got lots of compliments on the color. Really unique.
Old 04-22-15, 03:38 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

I like the rare colors: Meteor blue & Fire Agate but my #1 is Superman Blue (UBM)!
Old 05-22-15, 04:59 PM
drifter123
Rookie

@ corradoMR2, great post. Gives me a good idea what colors are best for resale.
Old 05-22-15, 07:14 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to see the fire agate in person.

My vote was for eminent white. I also love obsidian, but black cars are just too much of a pain. Red and blue would be fun, but I think I'd tire of them.

The meteor blue mica was pretty on Lexus.com, but really disappointing in person.
Old 05-22-15, 08:29 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by drifter123
@ corradoMR2, great post. Gives me a good idea what colors are best for resale.
True, it's a good indicator!

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
I'd love to see the fire agate in person.

My vote was for eminent white. I also love obsidian, but black cars are just too much of a pain. Red and blue would be fun, but I think I'd tire of them.

The meteor blue mica was pretty on Lexus.com, but really disappointing in person.
If it wasn't for my love for F Sport, I'd get a Fire Agate Pearl NX since in person it's so rich and deep with multiple shades of brown, bronze, and black depending on lighting conditions.
Old 06-05-15, 12:54 PM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

I had been waiting for a hybrid for almost 2 months. A black one came in and I went to look at it and drive it. I knew I did not want black. I think my salesman was surprised I was willing to walk away and wait for the next car to come in. Thankfully, it was atomic silver with a black interior. Just got it last week! Love the color choice!

Last edited by Lolasmom; 06-05-15 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 06-13-15, 01:19 AM
Supra4100
Rookie

I'd originally planned on a fire agate nx. That color was brilliant in the sunlight. My mind was made up, until I observed a GS on a cloudy day. It was a heaping dose of blah. No disrespect if you own a FAP. It's gorgeous, but I'd like it to pop rain or shine.

I'd always been a sucker for an unsubtle blue since the late 90's when the Sc300 & Toyota Supra wore royal sapphire pearl.

Ultrasonic was going to be the winner for me. I have yet to see another and folks tend to think its a custom color since it skews away from the typical Lexus elegent hues.

I really like the silvers, as it really highlights the bold lines worn by the nx. I like all of the colors, but I'm glad I got it in USB.
Old 06-13-15, 06:46 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Supra4100
I'd originally planned on a fire agate nx. That color was brilliant in the sunlight. My mind was made up, until I observed a GS on a cloudy day. It was a heaping dose of blah. No disrespect if you own a FAP. It's gorgeous, but I'd like it to pop rain or shine.

I'd always been a sucker for an unsubtle blue since the late 90's when the Sc300 & Toyota Supra wore royal sapphire pearl.

Ultrasonic was going to be the winner for me. I have yet to see another and folks tend to think its a custom color since it skews away from the typical Lexus elegent hues.

I really like the silvers, as it really highlights the bold lines worn by the nx. I like all of the colors, but I'm glad I got it in USB.
Funny you say that since the other day on my way to the #LexusCrossCountry event, a guy in a Mustang convertible asked me at a red light if my USB IS was a custom paint job. He was surprised when I told him it was stock and needless to say, he loved the color.
Old 06-13-15, 10:16 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Supra4100
I agree with you on the Fire Agate. I had decided that was the color I wanted originally just basing it on photos. It's like no other color when in the direct sunlight. When I actually saw the real thing at the dealership I was bummed out. When it's cloudy or in the shade it's dark and dull, no pop. At a distance it almost looks like black. I then dumped that color and went for Eminent white pearl. Love the pearl accents.

This is the photo that had me going at one time. I still like it and would like to see one on the road sometime.

Old 07-12-15, 03:23 PM
ronslexus
Driver

Default Best color on NX

I am like most of you. I love the white, Atomic Silver and Nebula Gray.

I bought the Nebula Gray since I knew I was going to customize it with the 20" chrome wheels and Nitto tires. I also ordered the flaxen interior, which looks great with the gray.

I love the contrast. I still will be adding the stainless steel rear bumper guard and chrome rocker panels.
Attached Thumbnails Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?-20150710_163516.jpg   Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?-20150710_163544.jpg   Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?-20150710_163617.jpg  
Old 07-25-15, 02:39 PM
MartinJX
Driver School Candidate

Default Fire agate pearl

[QUOTE=rogerh00;9075086]I agree with you on the Fire Agate. I had decided that was the color I wanted originally just basing it on photos. It's like no other color when in the direct sunlight. When I actually saw the real thing at the dealership I was bummed out. When it's cloudy or in the shade it's dark and dull, no pop. At a distance it almost looks like black. I then dumped that color and went for Eminent white pearl. Love the pearl accents.

This is the photo that had me going at one time. I still like it and would like to see one on the road sometime.

/QUOTE]

Good job this color isn't offered on the NX in the UK - if I'd seen that terrific photo I might have gone for it...and regretted it as soon as the sun went in, which is most of the time here. It was offered very briefly on the CT in the UK, but withdrawn by Lexus due to its unpopularity. My sense is that some colors work a lot better in very strong sun. I ordered Nebula Grey/Meteor Grey based on a showroom visit & some pics of NXs in sun, but having seen a slightly dirty one on the road on a cloudy day, it looked dead, and I switched to Atomic Silver/Sonic Titanium. (There's a PhD thesis to be written on the naming of automotive colours...)
Old 11-22-15, 06:27 PM
skarface
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the nebula gray have a bit of purple in it or is it just me? I liked it but then saw a couple of other angles and though I was seeing a purple hue to the gray?
Old 11-23-15, 05:41 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pinhead
Picked up my 2016 in Ultra White on Friday. Amazing color!! It is metallic/pearl as well.
Congrats!
So Ultra White has a pearl sheen like the Eminent White Pearl??
I love the pearl sheen on my Eminent White Pearl F Sport but noticed that now for 2016 the white NX F sport are Ultra White.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?