NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Which color would you PURCHASE on the NX?
Atomic Silver
22.31%
Eminent White
24.70%
Obsidian
8.76%
Matador Red Mica
7.17%
Ultrasonic Blue Mica
9.16%
Fire Agate Pearl
2.39%
Meteor Blue Mica
3.59%
Nebula Gray Pearl
16.33%
Silver Lining Metallic
5.58%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-14, 06:31 AM
sosobri805
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a little biased, since mine has arrived from the port yesterday. But going with eminent white / rioja red combo. Can't wait to pick it up!!
Old 12-20-14, 06:35 AM
karoner
Driver School Candidate

Matador Red Mica with Flaxen interior
Old 12-20-14, 10:14 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silver Lining Metallic is my first choice, and the color of the vehicle currently "on its way", whatever that means.

I think Obsidian is one of the best looking colors, but I just cannot get another black vehicle, my current Black MDX always shows every flake of dirt. So its back to silver for me and the ease of cleaning.
Old 12-20-14, 07:28 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

If I go with the NX, it will be F-Sport in Eminent White exterior/Black interior. I think I originally put Atomic Silver and after seeing it in person I'm glad I didn't choose that color. My second choice would be Silver Lining Metallic but honestly white is the only color I REALLY like on the NX. The black wheel flares look best with lighter exterior colors IMHO. i also think the chrome around the windows looks best on the lighter colors as well.
Old 12-21-14, 08:28 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Saw the NX in person for the first time yesterday. I was surprised to see a Fire Agate model on the lot. I was interested in the color as something different. I'm betting you won't see many of these on the road. It looks great up close but at a distance it looks almost black. Too dark for me so I crossed it off the list. Interestingly this model had no options and the sticker was the base 36k. I didn't think Lexus would ship these yet.
I also saw a red model and didn't like it either. Again up close you can see the flake but at distance it looks dull to me. I also didn't like the black trim with the red, it reminded me of a 80's economy car. I prefer the mica next to it but sadly it's not available. So it looks like white or silver for me.

Old 12-21-14, 11:32 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice shots Roger. Love the Fire Agate Pearl actually. Very rich dark brown with a hint of copper tones.
Old 02-25-15, 06:38 PM
dunebuggy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NX colours in Australia

You guys might be interested to learn that we have different colours in Australia. Or at least differently named colours. But I can see at least one that seems different to the US (Starlight Black).
You have:

Are those all standard paints, with the exception of "Silver Lining Metallic"? Or are they ALL metallic?

In Australia we have...

(From Left to Right)

Standard Paint
- Onyx Black

Premium Paint (these cost an extra $1500, and I believe they are all metallic)
- Sonic Quartz
- Mercury Grey
- Premium Silver
- Titanium
- Starlight Black
- Volcanic Bronze
- Vermillion
- Flame Blue
- Meteor Mica

DB
Old 02-25-15, 07:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dunebuggy
You guys might be interested to learn that we have different colours in Australia. Or at least differently named colours. But I can see at least one that seems different to the US (Starlight Black).
You have:

Are those all standard paints, with the exception of "Silver Lining Metallic"? Or are they ALL metallic?

In Australia we have...

(From Left to Right)

Standard Paint
- Onyx Black

Premium Paint (these cost an extra $1500, and I believe they are all metallic)
- Sonic Quartz
- Mercury Grey
- Premium Silver
- Titanium
- Starlight Black
- Volcanic Bronze
- Vermillion
- Flame Blue
- Meteor Mica

DB
Yeah, same paints, just different names globally versus in N. America. All metallic paint except Obsidian which is Onyx Black. In Canada, we also get Starlight Black on non-F-Sports.
Old 02-25-15, 08:13 PM
dunebuggy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yeah, same paints, just different names globally versus in N. America. All metallic paint except Obsidian which is Onyx Black. In Canada, we also get Starlight Black on non-F-Sports.
Ok, so Obsidian = Onyx Black.
So does the US have Starlight Black (or equivalent)?

Canada might be the same as Australia then. We can have any of those colours on any model (same for you?).
Old 02-25-15, 08:14 PM
athiker
Rookie

I agree the NX colors may be the best across the board of most any vehicle we've looked at. However, the Ody we just replaced was too similar to the Silver Linings, the new Ody's color is too similar to the Nebula gray, the Isuzu Trooper the NX is replacing is too close to the Eminent White, I really like the Matador Red but not sure I can carry off a red car, I really like looking at blue cars but again not sure if I personally could carry it off and the Obsidian I fear will show dust too easily for someone that is not in the habit of getting a car wash every week.

With those eliminated the choice is Atomic Silver. I can't help it, I like silverish vehicles and its different enough from our vans to make for somewhat of a change. The titanium color should do a nice job of hiding dirt as well I think. Also, its one of two colors I saw in the flesh, and my wife and I both instantly liked it, so no need to look further! (The other was Nebula Gray which also looked very good to me.)

Last edited by athiker; 02-25-15 at 08:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Buck6197 (09-29-22)
Old 02-25-15, 08:26 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dunebuggy
Ok, so Obsidian = Onyx Black.
So does the US have Starlight Black (or equivalent)?

Canada might be the same as Australia then. We can have any of those colours on any model (same for you?).
I believe US is missing Starlight Black. Canada is missing Silver Lining Metallic (Premium Silver) and Meteor Blue Mica.

(USB) Ultrasonic Blue Mica (Flame Blue) and Obsidian (Onyx Black) are F-Sport exclusive colors in Canada. USB is the only exclusive color for the US for the F Sport.
Old 02-25-15, 08:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by athiker
I agree the NX colors may be the best across the board of most any vehicle we've looked at. However, the Ody we just replaced was too similar to the Silver Linings, the new Ody's color is too similar to the Nebula gray, the Isuzu Trooper the NX is replacing is too close to the Eminent White, I really like the Matador Red but not sure I can carry off a red car, I really like looking at blue cars but again not sure if I personally could carry it off and the Obsidian I fear will show dust too easily for someone that is not in the habit of getting a car wash every week.

With those eliminated the choice is Atomic Silver. I can't help it, I like silverish vehicles and its different enough from our vans to make for somewhat of a change. The titanium color should do a nice job of hiding dirt as well I think. Also, its one of two colors I saw in the flesh, and my wife and I both instantly liked it, so no need to look further! (The other was Nebula Gray which also looked very good to me.)
Atomic Silver is better represented as a name internationally as "Sonic Titanium" or just Titanium since it's really a titanium/gold/bronzy color over a silver one. This color won the best color award when it first came out in the '14 IS: http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/12/1...e-color-award/
Old 02-25-15, 08:52 PM
athiker
Rookie

corradoMR2 if I had no other considerations but looks of the car, I would go with the Obsidian...love the look of yours. With the heat here in the south and the keep clean factor I just can't swing it with this one though. I did decide to go black interior though...just can't go in and out....afraid it would be just too hot.

Nothing looks better than a deep polished gleaming black car though IMHO!
Old 02-26-15, 02:49 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got Eminent White. Had white in an RX and loved it, it's my favorite Lexus color by a large margin.
Old 02-26-15, 06:05 AM
leej865
Driver

I really like all the silver tones...they are nice to look at, and I have owned several silver cars. For me though, they got really boring to live with.

For me, I will pick either Obsidian or the Ultra-sonic Blue...if and when I finally buy my NX...if I can EVER get one equipped the way I want!

Quick Reply: Your favorite color to purchase on the NX is...?