Search this Thread

Old 11-13-14, 05:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Just in: (for Canada)

EDIT.
Some interesting observations:

- In this literature, we see "Lane Keep Assist". More controversy since we've also seen "Lane Departure Alert" which is less of an intrusive system than LKA.

- Hybrid (AWD) weight is 130 lbs more than the 200t (AWD) which is also controversial in that other literature/reviews mention the Hybrid weighs about the same (or even less). Personally I think the Canada spec makes more sense where the h weighs more like every other Lexus hybrid.

- AVS is mentioned for both Front and Rear suspension systems which is possibly an error since every other literature and Lexus video mentions this to be only available in the front. Not sure who to believe since having it only in the front doesn't really make sense, but only Lexus Canada has mentioned it's also in the rear...

- Cargo capacity is a copy of what the US and the rest have listed. I.e., the ridiculously impossible 17 cu ft.

- 300h takes regular gas.

- 200t states "Premium recommended" fuel but it doesn't state "Required". My IS for instance states "Premium Fuel ONLY". Hmmm.... Maybe we can put 87 octane in the 200t without any reliability impacts though at the expense of some performance loss possibly... TBD

- MacPherson GAS Struts - only on the 300h. This must explain why some reviewers have mentioned a slightly more comfy ride with the h.

- All-Season floor mats and cargo net come standard (consistent with latest Lexus Canada model purchases)
Attached Files

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-13-14 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 05:57 PM
BuzLteBeer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
That's a very good question. However, one can imagine their marketing studies, production capacity, cost, and even government regulation (to some degree) all come into play here.
Thanks for the response. I suspect you're right, and I've always assumed that their own marketing must come into play, it just has me puzzled nonetheless. It seems logical to assume that Lexus doesn't believe vehicles with some of those options would sell as well in certain areas and that's why they operate the way they do, I would just love to know more about how exactly those conclusions are reached. Perhaps the other factors you mention are at play, too.

On another note, and this is a bit of an oddball question, but does anyone know if there will be a substantial difference in rear legroom between the NX and IS? I currently have a 2012 IS 250, and one of the reasons I'm drawn to the NX as a possible replacement is I'm hoping to have at least a bit more space there. More specifically, I tend to drive with the driver's seat pretty far back, and when my young daughter sits behind me in the IS she's pretty cramped as a result. I'm sure it would be fine if I were positioned further up, but that's just not terribly comfortable for me. I've read the reviews stating that the NX isn't the most family-friendly vehicle around, but that all seems to be based on cargo capacity more than anything. I'm nowhere near as worried about that as I am the actual space between the rear seat and the back of the driver's seat if pushed back fairly far.
Old 11-13-14, 06:16 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by BuzLteBeer
On another note, and this is a bit of an oddball question, but does anyone know if there will be a substantial difference in rear legroom between the NX and IS? I currently have a 2012 IS 250, and one of the reasons I'm drawn to the NX as a possible replacement is I'm hoping to have at least a bit more space there. More specifically, I tend to drive with the driver's seat pretty far back, and when my young daughter sits behind me in the IS she's pretty cramped as a result. I'm sure it would be fine if I were positioned further up, but that's just not terribly comfortable for me. I've read the reviews stating that the NX isn't the most family-friendly vehicle around, but that all seems to be based on cargo capacity more than anything. I'm nowhere near as worried about that as I am the actual space between the rear seat and the back of the driver's seat if pushed back fairly far.
I owned the 2IS (and now the 3IS), plus previous and current Gen RX, and finally, I have seen, measured and sat in the NX.

I remember my 2IS was tight in the rear from a legroom and seat width perspective and not kid/car seat or adult friendly. In short, you have nothing to worry about with the NX!. It is a half inch shy of the RX in legroom. It is very roomy in the rear, about 5 inches more total (front+rear) legroom over the 2IS and about 3 inches more in seat width so you (or daughter ) will ride very comfortably in the NX. Finally, the rear seat is also higher providing a more chair-like seating arrangement and therefore better thigh support.
Attached Thumbnails NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread-nx_legroom2.jpg   NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread-nx_legroom1.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-13-14 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 06:31 PM
ALE81
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regarding the premium fuel requirement....on the back cover of the U.S. NX brochure it states in Disclosure 1. "Ratings achieved using the required premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91or higher. If premium fuel is not used, performance will decrease."
So, it says "required premium fuel" but maybe we can use lower octane if we don't mind a decrease in performance.
Old 11-13-14, 06:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by ALE81
Regarding the premium fuel requirement....on the back cover of the U.S. NX brochure it states in Disclosure 1. "Ratings achieved using the required premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91or higher. If premium fuel is not used, performance will decrease."
So, it says "required premium fuel" but maybe we can use lower octane if we don't mind a decrease in performance.
LOL, I love the contradiction and I agree, I interpret it as you do. We can use regular at the cost of performance and "no impact" to reliability.

Good find.
Old 11-13-14, 11:16 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't seen it posted here before but I got word from my dealer that the official launch date is December 2nd.
Old 11-14-14, 04:29 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Just in: (for Canada)

- 200t states "Premium recommended" fuel but it doesn't state "Required". My IS for instance states "Premium Fuel ONLY". Hmmm.... Maybe we can put 87 octane in the 200t without any reliability impacts though at the expense of some performance loss possibly... TBD
Recommended and Required are mutually exclusive, so if it says premium recommended then it will definitely accept something lower.

Recommended = Fuel you must use to achieve the stated performance numbers.
Required = Minimum fuel deemed acceptable to use. You'll lose a little HP.

The fact that the small naturally aspirated V6 in the IS only accepts premium has always seemed strange to me, but I'm not an expert on this stuff so I'm clearly missing something.
Old 11-14-14, 06:34 AM
BuzLteBeer
Driver School Candidate

corradoMR2, thanks for the extremely helpful insight and pics showing the rear legroom in the NX. You really are a wealth of useful information on these forums, I am finding
Old 11-14-14, 07:04 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

My dealer is saying early to mid December for first NX to arrive.
Old 11-14-14, 01:24 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

FWIW, there was a piece on the news about truckers slowing down and possibly striking at the docks on the west coast. I would think this would slow the arrival of the NX to west coast showrooms, assuming they are made in Japan.
Old 11-15-14, 09:48 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sales rep here in Hawaii called me on Thursday and told me the NX is now on island, but won't be available till early December.
Old 11-16-14, 06:28 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

I don't get why they are waiting until December for the NA release. Yes they have the December to Remember sales event but most of the northern part of the country prefer to buy vehicles in the warmer months. A lot of people don't won't to buy a new car and then have to drive it through 2-3 months of snow and ice where small damage can occur immediately. They should have release in October.
Old 11-16-14, 06:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by wildeklave
I don't get why they are waiting until December for the NA release. Yes they have the December to Remember sales event but most of the northern part of the country prefer to buy vehicles in the warmer months. A lot of people don't won't to buy a new car and then have to drive it through 2-3 months of snow and ice where small damage can occur immediately. They should have release in October.
Agree and inconvenient from a consumer standpoint. Though surely from a product quality, capacity, and marketing standpoint, it made sense for Lexus international to release capacity to Japan, Europe, China, and Australia first before N.A. If it weren't for my RX lease coming up now, I would hold off until spring especially having selected Obsidian on my NX where it will get dirty just staring at it, let alone the winter filth.
Old 11-16-14, 08:21 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

I'm surprised they aren't just calling it the 2016 Lexus NX since it's releasing so late in the year. Some other refreshes and new models that come out so late have done something like this and had a year and a half model year versus having such a short model year to start. I'm sure the original intention was to get this thing out in late August or early September.
Old 11-16-14, 09:36 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by webhed
My sales rep here in Hawaii called me on Thursday and told me the NX is now on island, but won't be available till early December.

If you get anymore info, let me know !

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread