NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 11:30 AM
BuzLteBeer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

First time posting here, but have gained some valuable insight at various times over the years. I have a few questions, and apologize in advance if any are noob-ish that I should already be aware of. I have done a fair amount of research and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I am very interested in possibly getting an NX sometime within the next several months. I currently lease a 2012 IS250 that comes up in I believe September. The big hiccup for me though is I really, really like the aesthetic looks of the F Sport much more than the others, particularly the grille. So much so, that I'm not sure the NX is the vehicle for me if I don't get an F Sport. Possibly I wouldn't dislike it as much in person I suppose, so I won't rule it out.

However, it is hard to tell for sure what exactly will be available for the F Sport and what won't. It looks fairly certain that the ventilated seats will not be an option, which I really do like. However, I think I can possibly live without them. Is it also true though that things like power trunk door, heated steering wheel and real leather are just not possibilities at all? I've never had an SUV before, but were I to get one I'm pretty sure I'd want the power trunk option. My wife's RX has it, and it's an 06! Is there something I'm not aware of that prevents this from being an option with the F Sport? The ventilated seats I assume have something to do with the way the seats are bolstered and there not being enough room, and I suppose that's possible with the lack of a heated steering wheel too - as I believe it gets a special wheel too.

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-14, 11:34 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Are you CERTAIN about that list? It varies, marginally, from the prior list as it was to have been the LUXURY package rather than the PREMIUM package that was to have been the configuration. This might save some coin but it would mean loosing a number of things like heated & cooled front seats and if so then it would not match up well to the ES hybrid configuration so could we ask you to recheck your facts?
I don't think you lose the heated/cooled front seats, do you? Here are pics of the brochure (posted elsewhere on this forum). I am seeing the heated/ventilated seated listed under the premium package. Is it possible they change the packages from what was previously announced?

P.S. - Yes small world indeed, I am near Downer Grove, but I am born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago.
Old 11-04-14, 02:50 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by philwojo
I don't think you lose the heated/cooled front seats, do you? Here are pics of the brochure (posted elsewhere on this forum). I am seeing the heated/ventilated seated listed under the premium package. Is it possible they change the packages from what was previously announced?
Hmmm, you may be right and we could do without the "rain sensing wipers" and the tow package as this will be hte wife's ride and she don't tow nuttin. I guess the thing that throws me off (a bit) is the ventilated seats. I would have thought that you NEEDED the perforated seats in order for the "ventilation" to well...VENT!
Changing to the premium package will save $2 grand so that could help

$39,720 - base 300h (FWD)
$ 2,670 - Premium
$ 2,140 - Nav & 10 speaker audio (NV)
$ 500 - Intuitive Park Assist (PA) ...Meh as you already have a backup camera
$ 400 - Power Back Door (PB)
$ 220 - Wireless Device (useless to us so a wasted $220)
$ 150 - Leather/heated Steering Wheel (Yea as this is the wife's #1 REQUIREMENT!)
N/C - Comfort (Included in the NX300h standard)
$ N/C? - Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert (too many names so can't find this)
---------------
$45,800 - or not as it's about $3K over priced IMHO but what are you going to do about it? lol

Last edited by bunka; 11-04-14 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 03:07 PM
MoodyHank
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philwojo

P.S. - Yes small world indeed, I am near Downer Grove, but I am born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago.
Look at the first line in the premium package description: "....or heated front seats (NX 200t F-Sport)". Unfortunately F-Sport cancels the cooled seats that you would get in the hybrid and 200t without F-Sport...

Last edited by MoodyHank; 11-04-14 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 03:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Canadian Pricing

Finally, some pricing is out in Canada!

200t: $40,950
300h: $58,850

All NXs come standard with AWD and remember the 300h is only one fully deck-out model with PCS, radar cruise, LKA, parking sensors, RCTA, HUD, power folding seats, leather, among others...

I don't see package pricing yet but here's my unofficial take on it:

Premium: $44,500
Luxury: $49,000
Executive: $52,500
F-Sport Series 1: $49,500
F-Sport Series 2: $53,000
Attached Thumbnails NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread-nxpricing.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-04-14 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 04:15 PM
kenzo543
Driver School Candidate

This is the pricing from my dealership for BC

Premium: $44,400
Luxury: $49,950
Executive: $52,750
F-Sport Series 1: $50,350
F-Sport Series 2: $53,050
Old 11-04-14, 04:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by kenzo543
This is the pricing from my dealership for BC

Premium: $44,400
Luxury: $49,950
Executive: $52,750
F-Sport Series 1: $50,350
F-Sport Series 2: $53,050

Awesome! Thanks for posting! (I was pretty close )
Old 11-04-14, 04:20 PM
kenzo543
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Awesome! Thanks for posting! (I was pretty close )
you're welcome! glad i can provide some info

and yeah you are VERY close
Old 11-04-14, 04:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Canada Detailed Specs and Pricing

karmaNina's find has a great breakdown of Canada specs/pricing: http://www.autos.ca/general-news/201...-priced-40950/

Fuel consumption ratings are 9.9L/100km city/highway combined for the 200t and 7.4L/100km city/highway combined for the hybrid 300h. This is really good. Remember, the 2015 standards in Canada have changed and better reflect real-world fuel economy figures. http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/faq#fue...umption-rating

The base 200t starts at the aforementioned $40,950 while the top-trimmed 200t F SPORT Series 2 reaches all the way up to $53,050 (full detailed pricing below). Expect to pay a fair bit more for the 300h, with prices starting at $58,850.

The NX 200t Premium Package (MSRP starting at $44,400) adds an impressive list of desirable luxury features. These include: a heated steering wheel on a powered tilting/telescoping column; 18” aluminum alloy wheels; heated and ventilated front seats with a driver’s seat memory system; a power back door; the world’s largest power sliding moon roof in its segment; auto-dimming side view mirrors linked to the seat memory system; and more.

The NX 200t Luxury Package (MSRP starting at $49,950) enhances the NX with luxury and refinement. In addition to the features in the Premium Package, this model features: A 10-speaker audio system; an advanced voice-activated navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch interface; rain-sensing wipers; LED high-beams; the auto-levelling headlamp system; clearance and back-up sensors; the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems; woodgrain interior trim; and leather seating.

The NX 200t Executive Package (MSRP starting at $52,750) creates a luxury compact SUV with impressive technology. In addition to all features in the Luxury Package, this model features: the Wireless Charging Tray for personal electronics; Head-up Display; Lane Keeping Assist; Pre-Collision System; Dynamic Radar Cruise Control; Automatic High Beams; Power switches for rear seat remote release on the dash and in the cargo area; and unique 18” alloy wheels.

The NX 200t F SPORT Series 1 (MSRP starting at $50,350) introduces unique Lexus F SPORT performance and styling features. It builds on the Premium Package, adding: a sport-tuned suspension; steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters; a G-force meter; and aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts. It also adds several F SPORT signature details – including seats, LED fog lamps, 18” alloy wheels, front grille, shift ****, scuff plates, and badging. Other features in this package include: a 10-speaker audio system; the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems; clearance and back-up sensors; a voice-activated navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch interface; rain-sensing wipers; LED high beams; and the auto-levelling headlamp system.

The NX 200t F SPORT Series 2 (MSRP starting at $53,050) combines performance and technology. Building on the F SPORT Series 1 package, this model is enhanced with the Lexus Adaptive Variable Suspension system. It also features: Wireless Charging Tray for personal electronics; Head-up Display; Lane Keeping Assist; Pre-Collision System; Dynamic Radar Cruise Control; and Automatic High Beams.

The 2015 Lexus NX 300h (MSRP starting at $58,850) The NX 300h – starts with a fully-equipped luxury hybrid compact SUV.

Additional handling and control technologies deliver confident driving. These include Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Hill-start Assist Control, and Dynamic Torque Control. A three-setting Drive Mode Select System (Sport – Normal – Eco) modifies vehicle responsiveness to emphasize sportiness or efficiency while electric power steering provides quick and accurate responsiveness.

Disc brakes are ventilated up front, and enhanced with an Electronically Controlled Brake System, Antilock Braking System, Brake Assist, and Electronic Brake-force Distribution technologies, plus an electric parking brake.

The NX 300h is standard equipped with many comfort, convenience and luxury features. These include: dual-zone automatic climate control; eight-way power adjustable heated and ventilated front seats clad in leather; a driver’s seat memory system; a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with power switches for remote release on the dashboard and in the cargo area; a Head-up Display; a back-up camera; a voice-activated navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch interface; power windows with auto up/down function on all windows and rear privacy glass; a 10-speaker Lexus Display Audio system with Bluetooth connectivity, USB audio input and steering wheel-mounted controls; a TFT multi-information display; eight; 7” VGA Centre Multi Display; leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift ****; interior woodgrain trim; cruise control; the Smart Key System with Push Button Start; illuminated door handle with keyhole-less design; a power back door; the Wireless Charging Tray for personal electronics; clearance and backup sensors; dynamic radar cruise control; airbags; an onboard first aid kit; a direct tire pressure monitoring system; 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems; Lane Keeping Assist; Pre-Collision System; power adjustable exterior mirrors linked to the driver’s seat memory system; a power tilting/sliding moon roof; roof mounted spoiler; variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers; L-shaped LED lighting including high- and low-beam headlamps, clearance lamps, fog lamps, brake lamps and daytime running lights; the automatic high-beam system; the auto leveling headlamp system; and more.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-04-14 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 05:35 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

Interesting.. the price of the executive comes in about 2K less than the MKC premium I drove a few weeks ago. Although, a '15 RX touring is around the same price with the promos on now. Not as much stuff, but still...
Old 11-04-14, 06:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by JasDmw
Interesting.. the price of the executive comes in about 2K less than the MKC premium I drove a few weeks ago. Although, a '15 RX touring is around the same price with the promos on now. Not as much stuff, but still...
For those who care not about the RX being at the end of its generation, it's a great deal now.

Regardless, NX pricing is highly competitive as you point out and even cheaper against the MKC

But Lincoln will be quick to point out in a future head-to-head commercial the more powerful 2.3L and panoramic roof.
Old 11-04-14, 07:48 PM
ghnboy
Driver School Candidate

i guess i may go for RX350 sportdesign instead, 44400 for premium edition on NX, i don't think we can get a good discount and lease rate since the car is pretty new. on the other side, RX has some special offer right now, and it will be easier to bargain with dealer
Old 11-04-14, 08:17 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
For those who care not about the RX being at the end of its generation, it's a great deal now.

Regardless, NX pricing is highly competitive as you point out and even cheaper against the MKC

But Lincoln will be quick to point out in a future head-to-head commercial the more powerful 2.3L and panoramic roof.
There's actually not been as much cross shopping between the current gen RX and the NX as Lexus dealers have thought in Australia. The vast majority of sales have been from people new to Lexus or from previous generation RX which is actually more similar to size to the NX. It was interesting at the showroom, that anecdotally many of the people coming to look at the NX said it's the first Lexus they've considered, and they've come from driving MB/BMW/Audi C/3/A4 etc.

I do think that NX really appeals to a different set of customers from the RX, and I think Lexus designers intend for it to be that way, similar to IS and ES. In Australia, there is some price overlap between the high spec NXs and the base spec RXs, and I think that's fine. There shouldn't be a mentality of "want cheaper SUV buy NX, have more money buy RX"; they're really designed differently and I would suspect the next gen RX will move a little more into the luxury realm and be a lot less "sporty" than the NX. Hence there's no push to make the NX as "plush" as the RX in terms of ride etc.
Old 11-04-14, 08:39 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bunka
Hmmm, you may be right and we could do without the "rain sensing wipers" and the tow package as this will be hte wife's ride and she don't tow nuttin. I guess the thing that throws me off (a bit) is the ventilated seats. I would have thought that you NEEDED the perforated seats in order for the "ventilation" to well...VENT!
Changing to the premium package will save $2 grand so that could help

$39,720 - base 300h (FWD)
$ 2,670 - Premium
$ 2,140 - Nav & 10 speaker audio (NV)
$ 500 - Intuitive Park Assist (PA) ...Meh as you already have a backup camera
$ 400 - Power Back Door (PB)
$ 220 - Wireless Device (useless to us so a wasted $220)
$ 150 - Leather/heated Steering Wheel (Yea as this is the wife's #1 REQUIREMENT!)
N/C - Comfort (Included in the NX300h standard)
$ N/C? - Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert (too many names so can't find this)
---------------
$45,800 - or not as it's about $3K over priced IMHO but what are you going to do about it? lol
Basically you give up:
- unable to have ventilated seats
- unable to have real leather seats
- if you order the Triple LED headlights, you can't have auto high lamp function
- it appears from earlier listed material (on p 13 of this thread) you MIGHT not be able to have Lane Departure Alert on F Sport (still confusion about whether this is Lane Keep Assist or merely a warning system)
- rain sensing wiper
Old 11-05-14, 12:33 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Husker4the
Basically you give up:
Thanks for the feedback but my post was about the Hybrid model so most of the issues you pointed out would not be pertinant. Perhaps you meant to reference someone that was looking at a non-hybrid model in your response?

Originally Posted by Husker4the
- unable to have ventilated seats
- unable to have real leather seats
- if you order the Triple LED headlights, you can't have auto high lamp function
- Lane departure/Lane Assist
- rain sensing wiper
Hybrids...
- Retain the ventilated seats.
- Real leather is not an option in USA.
- You can't "add" the Triple LEDs on the Hybrids anyway
- The warning system is "just fine" with us as that is what is on the ES series so this is apples-to-apples.
- Don't care for the rain sensing

Last edited by bunka; 11-05-14 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread