Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

here are the actual measurements from corradomr2

Old 11-01-14, 01:41 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=JasDmw;8771556]
Originally Posted by Husker4the
EPA fuel economy in brochure: (city/highway/combined)

NXt FWD - 22/28/25
NXt AWD - 22/28/24

So if real world is usually a little worse than this, makes it very tough to consider one of these running premium over an RX that runs on regular.
uh, RX AWD is 18/24/20... thats 20% at least difference and probably even more outside of HWY is real life. Plus you can run it on regular and get less performance just like on RX.

But i dont see whats the point of buying new luxury suv and then saving on regular gas, but thats just me.
Old 11-01-14, 01:53 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
its not Lexus's fault that iPhone does not have this feature... buy some other phone with it. Or just get the case. Case would be on always otherwise it is better to use just usb jack.

As to the rest of things, corradomr2 measured both NX trunk and RX trunk, and differences are small. There is a picture to compare somewhere on these forums.

In any case, best would be to actually test drive the car... you might end up liking it or disliking it for various other reasons. Looking at specs is one thing and actually driving it is completely different.
I'm not saying it's Lexus's fault regarding the charger, just saying if I had to order I would leave the charging system off the order list. I doubt the case is some small light sleeve you'd want to have on all the time. I'd rather have the phone and case I want than buy a phone just because of my car charger.

I have seen the measurements of the cargo several times but thanks for the comment. I'm just saying height wise the cargo entry is on the low side relative to the competition and what I drive currently. And ... As I stated ... I will just have to see it in person to decide.
Old 11-01-14, 11:41 PM
Nights
Pole Position

I'm not saying it's Lexus's fault regarding the charger, just saying if I had to order I would leave the charging system off the order list. I doubt the case is some small light sleeve you'd want to have on all the time. I'd rather have the phone and case I want than buy a phone just because of my car charger.

I have seen the measurements of the cargo several times but thanks for the comment. I'm just saying height wise the cargo entry is on the low side relative to the competition and what I drive currently. And ... As I stated ... I will just have to see it in person to decide.
The car actually still has two USB ports you can charge the iPhone from, and who knows, maybe Apple will actually catch up to the competition sometime in the next year or two and support wireless charging like their competitors too. We tried it on our test drive (both my phone and my friend's phone) and it worked flawlessly.
Old 11-02-14, 10:55 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
here are the actual measurements from corradomr2

Thanks. I am calculating about 38 Cu feet. To the top of the seats is about 26 cu feet. Very much inline with the X3 and RDX.
Old 11-02-14, 09:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

The 26 1/4 inch height is relatively shallow but that is at the lowest point in the opening. It does increase another inch or two just beyond it towards the inside where the roof curves upwards.
Old 11-03-14, 07:43 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is the back seat compare to RX350 thank you.
Old 11-03-14, 07:57 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

actually, QI charging is pretty cool... i would actually get a case specifically for this... in car, it will let you simply put down your phone without having to mess with the cables.

Same goes for home, there are charge pads, you just put down your phone and it charges.

I checked on Amazon and cases are up to $15, and people seem to love them... just like any other case, but with included charging.

I am looking for one for my Z3/home as well, fiddling with cables is getting annoying, i dont want to do it anymore.
Old 11-03-14, 05:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by EthanV
How is the back seat compare to RX350 thank you.
Slightly firmer in cushioning and just slightly smaller overall. Less than 2 inches narrower, 1 inch less headroom, and half inch less rear legroom. NX rear seat height is taller by about an inch which is better for adults as it provides greater thigh support.
Old 11-03-14, 06:07 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The 26 1/4 inch height is relatively shallow but that is at the lowest point in the opening. It does increase another inch or two just beyond it towards the inside where the roof curves upwards.
Thanks for stating this.

Does anyone know - does the NX have lane keep assist or is it JUST a lane departure alert/warning?
Old 11-03-14, 08:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Thanks for stating this.

Does anyone know - does the NX have lane keep assist or is it JUST a lane departure alert/warning?
Np.

LDA or LKA? It's one mystery still since official literature from Lexus states one or the other interchangeably (take a look back in this very thread). Whatever you want to call it, the system should provide some steering wheel nudge if it sees you are drifting off, based on NX product videos.
Old 11-03-14, 11:08 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

just got my brochure today and according to the brochure we are supposed to be able to go to lexus.com/NXbuild to configure a car. but the site still has been updated withe the NX info.
Old 11-04-14, 08:51 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received this from my local dealer about the NX 300H, this is what they are expecting in their first shipment. I am in the west suburbs of Chicago.

*Wireless Device Charger
* Comfort Package
* Navigation Package
* Premium Package
* Park Assist
* Power Back Door
* Heated Steering Wheel
* Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert

Phil
Old 11-04-14, 09:03 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by philwojo
Received this from my local dealer about the NX 300H, this is what they are expecting in their first shipment. I am in the west suburbs of Chicago.

*Wireless Device Charger
* Comfort Package
* Navigation Package
* Premium Package
* Park Assist
* Power Back Door
* Heated Steering Wheel
* Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert

Phil
Are you CERTAIN about that list? It varies, marginally, from the prior list as it was to have been the LUXURY package rather than the PREMIUM package that was to have been the configuration. This might save some coin but it would mean loosing a number of things like heated & cooled front seats and if so then it would not match up well to the ES hybrid configuration so could we ask you to recheck your facts?

PS - Small world. I lived in the "West Suburbs" of Chicago, Elgin until I was ten.

Last edited by bunka; 11-04-14 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-04-14, 09:07 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

That is what they sent me via email. They did say that some of the codes on their sheet were new to them so they did have to decode them. It is possible they did make a mistake, but that is what they sent me via email (Copy and pasted to here).

Phil

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread