NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 10:13 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KarmaNina
Here is a photos of the brochure I got Friday. This might answer your questions.
Thanks for the info but unless I'm missing something the brochure doesn't breakdown what exactly the NXh is getting over the NXt.

the only thing I see is that the hybrid gets power steering column.

and it was mentioned in another post that the hybrid also gets lane departure and the triple beam led's standard.
Old 10-29-14, 10:14 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
so just playing with some numbers for a 300h AWD..

300h AWD $42,235
Luxury trim $4,665
Navigation $2,140
LED lamps $1,160
Radar Cruise/PCS $500 (based on 3IS pricing)
BSM/Rear X-traffic $600 (based on 3IS pricing)
Park Assist $500 (based on 3IS pricing)
Lane Departure $500 (guess)
Remote start $500 (based on 3IS pricing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Total $52,800

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! that is quite a load of turd, i mean money, for a CUV.. I recall my friend getting a mid year model 2013 RX450h in January 2014 for like $50,000.. maybe I have to wait a while before the price and demand drops down..
The competition in this segment can hit $50k, so a really loaded 300h isn't out of line. The only difference is dealers won't be discounting the NX much initially so they'll go close to sticker until things settle down sales-wise.
Old 10-29-14, 10:41 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The competition in this segment can hit $50k, so a really loaded 300h isn't out of line. The only difference is dealers won't be discounting the NX much initially so they'll go close to sticker until things settle down sales-wise.
I guess you're right. call me naive but i was seriously hoping lexus would have a topped out 300h at like 47/48k, which is bearable. but over 50k threshold is kinda where i draw the line, especially for a underpowered 300h that can't even tow.

does anyone recall when lexus released the 3IS? was it in July 2013? I bought my car in January 2104 and was able to get about 4k off with incentives, discounts, and negotiating. i'm hoping it will take no more than 6 months for the price to start going down and haggling to start going up for the better of the customer.
Old 10-29-14, 01:46 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I guess you're right. call me naive but i was seriously hoping lexus would have a topped out 300h at like 47/48k, which is bearable. but over 50k threshold is kinda where i draw the line, especially for a underpowered 300h that can't even tow.

does anyone recall when lexus released the 3IS? was it in July 2013? I bought my car in January 2104 and was able to get about 4k off with incentives, discounts, and negotiating. i'm hoping it will take no more than 6 months for the price to start going down and haggling to start going up for the better of the customer.
It sounds like the 2.0t might be your best bet. It's in the $47k-$48k range, most likely better availability initially, better performance and probably some towing ability (not sure of this though).
Old 10-29-14, 03:05 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so just playing with some numbers for a 300h AWD..

300h AWD $42,235
Luxury trim $4,665
Navigation $2,140
LED lamps $1,160
Radar Cruise/PCS $500 (based on 3IS pricing)
BSM/Rear X-traffic $600 (based on 3IS pricing)
Park Assist $500 (based on 3IS pricing)
Lane Departure $500 (guess)
Remote start $500 (based on 3IS pricing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Total $52,800

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! that is quite a load of turd, i mean money, for a CUV.. I recall my friend getting a mid year model 2013 RX450h in January 2014 for like $50,000.. maybe I have to wait a while before the price and demand drops down..
Yep, X-pen-SIVE especially when you realize that you don't get anywhere NEAR the fuel economy on the RX450h. It's what 28MPG Hwy vs. the NX's "projected" 35MPG Hwy so what you are REALLY paying for is the 20% increase in fuel economy... oh yea and the LATEST thing on the market as well. In my industry we call this the "BLEEDING EDGE". Sure, you cna get it but it's going to COST you and sometimes that cost is in blood sweat and tears.
Old 10-29-14, 03:07 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tresmith00
Thanks for the info but unless I'm missing something the brochure doesn't breakdown what exactly the NXh is getting over the NXt.

the only thing I see is that the hybrid gets power steering column.

and it was mentioned in another post that the hybrid also gets lane departure and the triple beam led's standard.
You are correct in that the brochuure does not do that breakdown but if you want to search my moniker for posts earlier in this thread you will see my configuration which is VERY close. I think I have the OU option in my list but not the wireless charger. The "Default" Hybrid model will also come with the park assist that my list does not include. That's IT!
Old 10-30-14, 04:32 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Waiing may be the best option. If in the north you probably don't want to get a new car right before winter anyway where it will get snowed on and need to deal with road salt. As you get into Summer of 2015 there may be some deals if the 2016 version will be released in the Fall that may have some minor upgrades. I can see a Sept / Oct 2016 release in the US since the 2015 was available this past summer in Asia. The hold up in the US release was because of supply. It may depend when the updated RX comes out. If it is a Summer release then they may wait a couple of months for the NX new model year.

Plus it seems all these new cars get some kind of recall nowadays a few months after release as they learn about issues not found in testing. Back in the day recall was a bad word but now they use it to improve efficiency for non-fatal issues and software upgrades. It is also a financial thing as they can write-off the recalls vs. profits in their corporate tax returns.
Old 10-30-14, 05:02 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wildeklave
Back in the day recall was a bad word but now they use it to improve efficiency for non-fatal issues and software upgrades. It is also a financial thing as they can write-off the recalls vs. profits in their corporate tax returns.
This is blatently FALSE. Recalls cost the Manufacturer's LOTS of $ so (logically) they only do them whenever they think that not doing them will cost them MORE $. Recalls are ALWAYS due to a SAFETY issue often related to a defective part (e.g. ignition switches in Volt/Cruze & other models burning down house or the current rusting airbag frames that are KILLING people). Of COURSE the manufacturer is going to "play it down" and indicate to the public that there is no REAL safety issue but they would not issue a "recall" if the impact of not doing a "recall" was not signiifcant. It's not like they EVER recall a vehicle to increase your fuel mileage from 25MPG to 27MPG... that AIN'T gonna happen.
Old 10-31-14, 05:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by bunka
This is blatently FALSE. Recalls cost the Manufacturer's LOTS of $ so (logically) they only do them whenever they think that not doing them will cost them MORE $. Recalls are ALWAYS due to a SAFETY issue often related to a defective part (e.g. ignition switches in Volt/Cruze & other models burning down house or the current rusting airbag frames that are KILLING people). Of COURSE the manufacturer is going to "play it down" and indicate to the public that there is no REAL safety issue but they would not issue a "recall" if the impact of not doing a "recall" was not signiifcant. It's not like they EVER recall a vehicle to increase your fuel mileage from 25MPG to 27MPG... that AIN'T gonna happen.
yeah, recalls are specific term used for mandatory safety campaigns from manufacturers.
Old 10-31-14, 07:45 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

EPA fuel economy in brochure: (city/highway/combined)

NXt FWD - 22/28/25
NXt AWD - 22/28/24

NXt F SPORT FWD - 22/28/25
NXt F SPORT AWD - 22/27/24

NXh FWD - 35/31/33
NXh AWD - 33/30/32
Old 11-01-14, 07:22 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

[QUOTE=Husker4the;8771303]EPA fuel economy in brochure: (city/highway/combined)

NXt FWD - 22/28/25
NXt AWD - 22/28/24

So if real world is usually a little worse than this, makes it very tough to consider one of these running premium over an RX that runs on regular.
Old 11-01-14, 08:15 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=JasDmw;8771556]
Originally Posted by Husker4the
EPA fuel economy in brochure: (city/highway/combined)

NXt FWD - 22/28/25
NXt AWD - 22/28/24

So if real world is usually a little worse than this, makes it very tough to consider one of these running premium over an RX that runs on regular.
Premium certainly is a consideration, but most of the direct competition from BMW, MB, Audi etc. recommends premium. I don't believe the MKC does. Audi for example on their 2.0t recommends 91> octane and 89 octane minimum.
Old 11-01-14, 11:45 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Err I think I just lost interest in the NX. Lexus probably didn't target buyers like me anyways.
Old 11-01-14, 01:12 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

I am having a tough time talking myself into continuing with this purchase as well. I love the looks of the F Sport but will be giving up a lot of fuel economy by purchasing the turbo ... We would be trading a very fuel efficient hybrid wagon. When I think about getting the 300h I picture the front and find myself just thinking about not buying an NX at all.

Although I know it's no big deal, the 1mpg less on the F Sport than anticipated doesn't help any when I'm already doubting myself.

The cargo dimensions of the NX also are a touch disappointing. The height of the cargo is noticeably less than others in the class and slightly less than our current car. We had our Acura MDX in for service and were given a loaner RDX and the cargo opening was 30-31" versus the NX 26". I frequently carry our two dogs so the height inside is of concern.

Sorry to bore everyone with the details ... Just saying I'm having some second thoughts. We would gain comfort, AWD, reliability, luxury with the NX but giving up fuel economy, cargo space. I'm going to have to see the cargo area in person before I make my mind up completely.

I'm also a bit frustrated at the wait I'll be facing given the builds sent to our area (no LEDs, no gray wheels ... Ideally I'd like the power seats too). Ordering could take quite awhile.

It also appears the Lane Keep Assist isn't available on the F Sport? Ideally I'd like that option. No ventilated/cooled seats on F Sport ... I can deal with that.

It's also annoying that you need a special case to use the wireless phone charger if you have an iPhone. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being able to charge wirelessly? If I have to take the time to put a special case on it, that takes as much time as plugging it in. That's assuming it's a case you don't want to continuously leave on your iPhone, which I think is a safe assumption.

Other things that come to mind as I browse the brochure:
- moonroof opens out (I suppose to save interior headroom)
- I will be curious to see how tight the cockpit feels
- I see Lane Departure Alert is an option ... Maybe there is no Lane Keep Assist offered? Maybe it's just a warning system with no correction help?
- There are lots of numbers behind items that indicate footnotes in the brochure, yet there are no footnote descriptions

Hmmmmm ...

Last edited by Husker4the; 11-01-14 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-01-14, 01:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
It's also annoying that you need a special case to use the wireless phone charger if you have an iPhone. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being able to charge wirelessly? If I have to take the time to put a special case on it, that takes as much time as plugging it in. That's assuming it's a case you don't want to continuously leave on your iPhone, which I think is a safe assumption.
its not Lexus's fault that iPhone does not have this feature... buy some other phone with it. Or just get the case. Case would be on always otherwise it is better to use just usb jack.

As to the rest of things, corradomr2 measured both NX trunk and RX trunk, and differences are small. There is a picture to compare somewhere on these forums.

In any case, best would be to actually test drive the car... you might end up liking it or disliking it for various other reasons. Looking at specs is one thing and actually driving it is completely different.

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread