NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-14, 10:03 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lcneed
Is the Park Assist the one where you get to see your car from above? Or we don't get that option in the US?
We don't get that feature. Park Assist is just the annoying beeping sensors I believe.
Old 10-16-14, 11:27 AM
ghnboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know when they will announce the price in Canada?
Old 10-16-14, 01:00 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks tsopranoMB!!
BTW, do you know when these prices are to be released to the public? I asked my sales guy about it and he said that they still dont have any pricing for the NX. Since I have the pricing from you (Thanks again), I am going to pre-order from them to be closer to the top of the list, even though they dont have the pricing yet......At least so they claim......

Last edited by NXFan; 10-16-14 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-16-14, 01:43 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

There seems to be a lot of ala carte options with the new safety stuff. I am surprised they are not part of a package. Are these prices MSRP? If so, I am guessing the Invoice is about 2k lower.
Old 10-16-14, 02:12 PM
MoodyHank
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all,

Long time follower and first-time poster here!

The price premium for hybrid is just too much in my opinion and that must be why Lexus projected a small market share for the 300h but the base turbo is priced very competitively. Add premium package to the base awd turbo and you get a nice car with decent kit for around $38k. Similarly equipped X3 or Q5 would come close to $50k. Plus Lexus has the best money factor and residual values so I am expecting great lease deals on NX 200t once the initial hype dies down...

I have a question though. Are the blind spot warning and cross traffic alert part of standard equipment? I couldn't find them on the options list...
Old 10-16-14, 02:31 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoodyHank
Hi all,

Long time follower and first-time poster here!

The price premium for hybrid is just too much in my opinion and that must be why Lexus projected a small market share for the 300h but the base turbo is priced very competitively. Add premium package to the base awd turbo and you get a nice car with decent kit for around $38k. Similarly equipped X3 or Q5 would come close to $50k. Plus Lexus has the best money factor and residual values so I am expecting great lease deals on NX 200t once the initial hype dies down...

I have a question though. Are the blind spot warning and cross traffic alert part of standard equipment? I couldn't find them on the options list...
It's not standard, you need to purchase it with the $660 OQ option (Outer Mirror Memory w/Rev tilt and Heat, EC, BSM and Rear Traffic Alert), which also requires the purchase of the Premium Package, Luxury Package, F Sport Comfort Package or F Sport Premium Package.
Old 10-16-14, 03:33 PM
MoodyHank
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NXFan
It's not standard, you need to purchase it with the $660 OQ option (Outer Mirror Memory w/Rev tilt and Heat, EC, BSM and Rear Traffic Alert), which also requires the purchase of the Premium Package, Luxury Package, F Sport Comfort Package or F Sport Premium Package.
Oh ok, thanks for the explanation. For $660 that option package seems to be really good value...
Old 10-16-14, 03:50 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by ghnboy
I'm thinking about just getting a 200t F sport.

Still waiting for the price in Canada.
Hang in there. It's any day now. $42-58K range is my guess from base 200t AWD to Executive 300h AWD. (Like the RX, no FWD in Canada)

Great post tsopranoMB to provide some closure (finally) on the US-side
Old 10-16-14, 05:17 PM
AmeOna
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lcneed
$800 for AWD is definitely worth it. I am in CA too and it doesn't snow here but there were so many times my X5's AWD saved me from an accident. A few years ago I drove up to Yosemite in January. There was a patch of black ice on the road invincible to the eyes. We were not driving fast..about 20 mph.. and I can feel the AWD kicks in as soon as I feel the lost of control. And right behind me.. the FWD minivan skated straight to the side of the mountain.

Yeah AWD may lost a few MPG over the FWD, but safety is more important to me.
BMW xDrive =\= Lexus AWD or anywhere close.
Old 10-16-14, 06:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ One can really see the benefit from BMW xDrive's more advanced power transfer system off-road but for everyday all-season city driving, Lexus AWD is more than adequate.
Old 10-16-14, 07:43 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wildeklave
There seems to be a lot of ala carte options with the new safety stuff. I am surprised they are not part of a package. Are these prices MSRP? If so, I am guessing the Invoice is about 2k lower.
The "new" Invoice is 6% less. Just like every other Lexus. The "old" Invoice would have been a 12% discount from MSRP but all this is not really material for the NX's as few (if ANY) will be getting any type of discount IF they are as hot as they appear to be
Old 10-16-14, 07:49 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

We are deciding between the F Sport and 300h.

From the info given ...
- it appears to me that LK (Lane Keep Assist) will not be available on the F-Sport.
- there is no code for the gray F-sport wheels but there is a code for Summer tires ... Wondering if that gives you the gray wheel? Hoping those are available because I don't care for the machined wheels as much.
- from the build codes given me by my dealer for local builds, none of the runs will include the triple LEDs for either the F Sport or 300h ... Interesting
- rain sensing wipers won't be available on the F Sport as it's only available with the (LL) luxury group
- F Sport not available with auto high beams

The build codes for the F Sport in my area (how Lexus will roll them out to this area of the country)
CG, EH, FJ, NV, OQ, PA, PB, PT, WE

Should we decide on the F Sport it looks like we may have to special order because I'd really like the gray wheels and the triple LEDs. Unless I'm seeing something wrong ...

Last edited by Husker4the; 10-16-14 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-16-14, 08:15 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default Pricing Article published

Basically repeats everything MB told us but here is the web version if you have an interest.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/16/2...x-price-34480/
Old 10-16-14, 08:53 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

hybrid seems a bit overpriced. Im surprised since the ES/ESH is around a 2500 price difference.
Old 10-16-14, 09:40 PM
AmeOna
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ One can really see the benefit from BMW xDrive's more advanced power transfer system off-road but for everyday all-season city driving, Lexus AWD is more than adequate.
"More than adequate" is completely relative in Lexus' case. BMW's system doesn't need relativity to be competent or work. I am completely looking forward to seeing the NX put on some rollers to test out the AWD and turbocharged engine. I wonder if this time it'll actually be worth spending money on something that, in the past, doesn't actually work as described from Lexus.

One doesn't need to take a single step from the paved roads to see Lexus' current AWD system fall very far from the competition. All you need is snow and ice.

Last edited by AmeOna; 10-16-14 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread