Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

someone needs to buy coradomr2 NX :-)
Old 07-14-14, 07:53 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome info coradomr2!!

That helps clarify a lot. Thanks for taking the time to post that.

So the boring front end and fogs. ,oh well . . . Stil looks pretty good
Old 07-14-14, 08:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ Yeah, still looks pretty good. And what's intriguing to me is the standard "overbite" or "shark-nose" front end is actually slowly growing on me. It looks great straight from the front-end, less so from the side, but then again, there's a more subtle overbite in the RX and look how many people buy it...

Spwolf, if anyone wants to pay for my deposit on the F-Sport, it's 1K. Send cheque to ...

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-16-14 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-16-14, 02:49 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Official NX200t/300h packages - CANADA

Standard equipment listed as per the prior post above. Then each subsequent package adds to the package listed prior:

Premium Package
  • 18-inch split 5-spoke alloy wheels
  • Driver Seat memory System
  • Power-adjustable tilt/telescopic steering wheel with Easy Access
  • Auto-dimming sideview mirrors with auto reverse tilt-down
  • Front seat ventilation
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Power liftgate
  • Power moonroof
  • Roof rails
  • Rear seat AC power outlet

Luxury Package
  • Leather seat surfaces
  • Navigation system with Remote Touchpad Interface
  • Interior wood trim
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Premium LED headlamps
  • Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
  • 10-Speaker Audio System
  • Intuitive Parking Assist

Executive Package
  • Pre-Collision System
  • Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • Power-folding rear seats
  • Lane Departure Alert
  • Head Up Display
  • Auto high beam feature
  • Unique 5-spoke alloy wheel

Note 1: the Unique 5-spoke wheels stated in bold is the one we've always seen associated to the "SportDesign" bumper. Will we be getting the opportunity to have this lower bumper? I will find out see if I can confirm this is part of the Executive Package for both 200t and 300h, or what appears to possibly be only the 300h.

Note 2: the F-Sport wheels are the machined/black as we suspected from prior posts/threads for Canada since we get AWD standard and for the winter climate, we get the 225/60/18 All-seasons.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-05-14 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-16-14, 06:49 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks CorradoMR2. It is great to see such detailed information on the packages offered by Lexus Canada.

Apparently, Lexus Canada has designed the packages with the intention of not having NX and RX compete each other on pricing.

The way the packages for the regular NX looks great --- with the lowest package, a regular NX200t is already well equipped with all the essentials expected of this price range and this segment.

However, not too much can be said on the F-Sport NX200t. The way the F-Sport packages are designed is very hard to comprehend for an average customer.

Some common sense is lacking -- in order to get the F-Sport NX200t, one has to give up the convenience of power tailgate which is even available on a lower end SUV. While one can reluctantly give up the memory seats because he/she is always solo without the need to share the vehicle with others, power tailgate is already a well-known/default setting for a modern and decent SUV.

One achievement Lexus Canada has made about F-Sport NX200t is to include the AVS and other high-tech gadgets. Yet Lexus Canada has asked too much of the customer to give up too many things to trade for the F-Sport appearance and the suspension and paddle shifter.

Now there will be dilemma between the regular NX200t and the F-Sport NX200t ---

would you give up

driver's memory seat
auto mirror reverse-tilt down
power tailgate

for F-Sport paddle shifter/F-Sport suspension/AVS suspension?

For some countries, paddle shifter is standard across regular and F-Sport NX. Unfortunately it makes things difficult for North American market as paddle shifter is only available in F-Sport NX.

Now, if the scenario were different -- premium package of regular 200t is already included in either Series 1 or Series 2 of F-Sport NX or from a different angle, F-Sport NX200t lowest model resembles premium package of regular NX, then everything makes more sense.

One has to relate the packages offered by CT200h in Lexus Canada. -Even F-Sport CT200h has driver's memory seat and auto mirror reverse-tilt down.

Last edited by AndyL; 07-16-14 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-16-14, 08:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ AndyL, I noticed that too and it's so disappointing what the F-Sport is missing. For Series 2 which is what I am eyeing, it has all these premium bells and whistles like BSM, LDA, Radar Cruise, Pre-Collision, RCTA, HUD, AVS, and so on, but no Memory package and worse, NO POWER LIFTGATE, on a $50K+ vehicle?

This could be a deal-breaker and we may just keep our RX which has the ML first and foremost, leather ventilated seats, NAV, memory package, liftgate, HUD, and so on (essentials that I and wife just really care about).
Old 07-17-14, 02:06 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I've been interested in the hybrid all along but now seeing it will only be available fully loaded with the executive package I have to wonder how much it will cost. It must be the most costly NX of all the models.

As Corrado just said keeping my current RX just became a stronger option coupled with rumors the new RX will be bloated and possibly a 3 row beast takes it out of my future being a retired empty nester. Lexus is certainly abandoning my demographic for the younger crowd.
Old 07-17-14, 04:46 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Roger, please note the packages I listed above are for Canada. In Canada, the 300h comes as one fully loaded Executive model here which I will guess to be ~57K (a fully load RX450h pushes 70K here with the Rear Seat Entertainment). In the US, you guys are in good shape since various packages are listed for NX 300h.

Posted earlier, see: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8613966-post12.html

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-17-14 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-17-14, 06:14 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^Roger, please note the packages I listed above are for Canada. In Canada, the 300h comes as one fully loaded Executive model here which I will guess to be ~57K (a fully load RX450h pushes 70K here with the Rear Seat Entertainment). In the US, you guys are in good shape since various packages are listed for NX 300h.

Posted earlier, see: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8613966-post12.html
Thanks for the link, I missed that post. I hope your right the US will have more options. It still depends on what the Regional and dealer choices are from my experience so the options are already chosen for you unless you can special order. It still seems like such a long time before these will show up at dealerships. Most likely December?
Old 07-17-14, 08:42 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ AndyL, I noticed that too and it's so disappointing what the F-Sport is missing. For Series 2 which is what I am eyeing, it has all these premium bells and whistles like BSM, LDA, Radar Cruise, Pre-Collision, RCTA, HUD, AVS, and so on, but no Memory package and worse, NO POWER LIFTGATE, on a $50K+ vehicle?

This could be a deal-breaker and we may just keep our RX which has the ML first and foremost, leather ventilated seats, NAV, memory package, liftgate, HUD, and so on (essentials that I and wife just really care about).
Probably wait till 2nd year model (2016 NX) comes out and see if Lexus Canada would iron out the flaws in the F-Sport packages. The mentality behind the pricing/package scheme offered by Lexus Canada is that the sport versions must be priced slightly lower than the luxury versions.

It is interesting to see other luxury car maker such as BMW does the opposite -- M Sport package is always an add on and will drive up the price. But you won't need to sacrifice some luxuries/essentials while getting a sporty treatment to the vehicle.

I guess to fix this pricing scheme, Lexus Canada has to fix the rest of the lineup as well. If the new RX comes out as 2016 model, hopefully they could fix the feature set in the F-Sport NX.

It is a pity to see the F-Sport packages are such seriously flawed --- without power gate, it drives away some sales for people who have difficult to reach the top of the tailgate to close it.

The packages for the regular NX200t, on the other hand, IMO, are very well designed and there should not not a problem to cater to the different needs of customers.

Last edited by AndyL; 07-17-14 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-17-14, 01:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^They should have done what they did with the RX F-Sport. They add all the basic features you would expect (Memory package and power liftgate), plus a couple of luxury items, but not all of them. For instance, F-Sport comes with HUD and ML (for 2013), but pre-collision, parking sensors, even BSM, was not available. Lexus Canada loaded the F-Sport package on the NX with all these premium driver aids and forgetting the basics. Oh, and no roof rails (no biggie for me personally) and no rear AC outlet on the F-Sport as well. Again very basic omission. I would easily trade any of those driver aids for the power liftgate, which BTW, it's finally an height-adjustable version.

On a more positive note, the 200t packages are nicely weighted and distinguished.
Old 07-17-14, 01:50 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Again for Canada, but likely for the US as well since it's not mentioned in those spec sheets too:

No Engine Start/Stop tech for the 200t. My Sales Rep said he never got any debrief on this feature so he assumes it's not available here.
Old 07-17-14, 02:14 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Again for Canada, but likely for the US as well since it's not mentioned in those spec sheets too: No Engine Start/Stop tech for the 200t. My Sales Rep said he never got any debrief on this feature so he assumes it's not available here.
Now the mystery gets resolved. It explains why the button for the engine start/stop was missing in some reviews.
Old 07-17-14, 02:16 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

^^^They should have done what they did with the RX F-Sport. They add all the basic features you would expect (Memory package and power liftgate), plus a couple of luxury items, but not all of them. For instance, F-Sport comes with HUD and ML (for 2013), but pre-collision, parking sensors, even BSM, was not available. Lexus Canada loaded the F-Sport package on the NX with all these premium driver aids and forgetting the basics. Oh, and no roof rails (no biggie for me personally) and no rear AC outlet on the F-Sport as well. Again very basic omission. I would easily trade any of those driver aids for the power liftgate, which BTW, it's finally an height-adjustable version. On a more positive note, the 200t packages are nicely weighted and distinguished.
And for 2014 MY, Lexus Canada has added the park sensors to RX F-Sport. Yes, they probably have responded positively to some customers's feedback.
Old 07-17-14, 09:29 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Standard equipment listed as per the prior post above. Then each subsequent package adds to the package listed prior:

Premium Package
  • 18-inch split 5-spoke alloy wheels
  • Driver Seat memory System
  • Power-adjustable tilt/telescopic steering wheel with Easy Access
  • Auto-dimming sideview mirrors with auto reverse tilt-down
  • Front seat ventilation
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Power liftgate
  • Power moonroof
  • Roof rails
  • Rear seat AC power outlet

Luxury Package
  • Leather seat surfaces
  • Navigation system with Remote Touchpad Interface
  • Interior wood trim
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Premium LED headlamps
  • Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
  • 10-Speaker Audio System
  • Intuitive Parking Assist

Executive Package
  • Pre-Collision System
  • Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • Power-folding rear seats
  • Lane Departure Alert
  • Head Up Display
  • Auto high beam feature
  • Unique 5-spoke alloy wheel

Note 1: the Unique 5-spoke wheels stated in bold is the one we've always seen associated to the "SportDesign" bumper. Will we be getting the opportunity to have this lower bumper? I will find out see if I can confirm this is part of the Executive Package for both 200t and 300h, or what appears to possibly be only the 300h (second pic below)... fingers crossed.

Note 2: the F-Sport wheels are the machined/black as we suspected from prior posts/threads for Canada since we get AWD standard and for the winter climate, we get the 225/60/18 All-seasons.

Note 3: Interesting tidbit shown. An estimated % breakdown of package sales. F-Sport = 35% of the 200t sales for instance.
Happened to come across this article (in Japanese) and it has helped me clear up my misunderstanding about various front bumpers for NX.

http://ameblo.jp/tksnt283/theme-10073209497.html

Here is a snapshot --- the "SportDesign" bumper is for regular NX300h and the other one is for regular 200t and it is not just for North American market only.

The one we saw a lot of appearances in the US-based reviews is the front bumper for regular NX200t.

The confusion has occurred because in some countries, NX200t is only available in F-Sport trim and we have yet to see the actual NX appear in showrooms.

To make things confusing again --- picture of regular NX200t with "SportDesign" front bumper did occur in the other NX thread here.

http://moto.onet.pl/aktualnosci/nowy...salonach/l7gme

So for the Canadian market, there is still a chance of seeing "SportDesign" front bumper in Executive package (Suffix D) in both regular NX300h and regular NX200t.
Attached Thumbnails NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread-8364a5b1626d3c9eb8b13e87e5f8ab5a.jpeg  

Last edited by AndyL; 07-17-14 at 09:51 PM.

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread