Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > NX Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

NX Automotive Reviews Thread

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-14, 05:29 PM   #31
Blackraven
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 3,252
Default

I love the videos from saabkyle04 (from Charlotte, North Carolina, USA)
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Blackraven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 05:33 PM   #32
Blackraven
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 3,252
Default

Saabkyle04 for the win =)
Blackraven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 10:25 PM   #33
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
EMSLEXUSRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 324
Default

I love to watch SaabKyle's review of the various vehicles out there. Been watching his videos for a while now.

Nice review of the NX too!
EMSLEXUSRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 06:11 AM   #34
rogerh00
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
rogerh00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP7557 View Post
There is a compartment right by the remote touch to stow your sunglasses. May not be as slick as the overhead ones but at least there is a place for them.
I don't know what your referring to. Have photo?
__________________
2013 RX350
2012 CT200h gone
2003 & 2007 Toyota Highlander-gone
2001 RX300-gone
rogerh00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 11:22 AM   #35
rayaans
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
rayaans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh00 View Post
Wow, that's the nicest BMW interior I've seen, not that I've been looking. The dark brown leather really looks good. I also like the screen being imbedded in the dash, much better than NX.
I however am not a BMW fan having had issues with one before. So it would not make my list.
You do realised that 50% of that interior is not standard right? its all done "up" with BMW Individual options!

Btw Im not too keen on the NX. I like how it looks and I like the interior but the hybrid drivetrain is poor. 194hp is less than the IS300h and the NX will be heavier. Its going to be really really lethargic.

Only way to go is the 200t but It doesnt have the same presence as an RX, bit too small for my liking.
__________________
rayaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 12:21 PM   #36
Hoovey2411
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 29,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayaans View Post
You do realised that 50% of that interior is not standard right? its all done "up" with BMW Individual options!

Btw Im not too keen on the NX. I like how it looks and I like the interior but the hybrid drivetrain is poor. 194hp is less than the IS300h and the NX will be heavier. Its going to be really really lethargic.

Only way to go is the 200t but It doesnt have the same presence as an RX, bit too small for my liking.
Oh the NX has presence alright. Sharp and dynamic, hard to mistake it for anything else whereas the RX being softer and more classy looking (for now). 2RX and 3RX did what it could for Lexus, but now the NX picks up in the spirit of the 1RX300 allowing the 4RX to rightfully take on the ML, MDX, Q5 etc. rather than straddling segments.
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic95774_1.gif
|Version 3.5 |TLN #918|
GIANTS|NINERS|SHARKS|WARRIORS
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 06:21 PM   #37
Nights
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayaans View Post
You do realised that 50% of that interior is not standard right? its all done "up" with BMW Individual options!

Btw Im not too keen on the NX. I like how it looks and I like the interior but the hybrid drivetrain is poor. 194hp is less than the IS300h and the NX will be heavier. Its going to be really really lethargic.

Only way to go is the 200t but It doesnt have the same presence as an RX, bit too small for my liking.
Yea that's one of my pet peeves with BMW/MB/Audi sometimes. Their interior pics look fantastic in pictures or when you go to sit in them at showrooms, yet they're usually crammed to the gills with options to get them looking that way.

About your second point with the hybrid, I'm a bit disappointed also; not quite sure why it's seemingly detuned as opposed to the IS300h which produces more power. Given it's a heavier vehicle, you'd think they'd give it more rather than less, unless they've tuned the petrol engine for more torque rather than outright power
Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 08:21 AM   #38
rayaans
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
rayaans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nights View Post
Yea that's one of my pet peeves with BMW/MB/Audi sometimes. Their interior pics look fantastic in pictures or when you go to sit in them at showrooms, yet they're usually crammed to the gills with options to get them looking that way.

About your second point with the hybrid, I'm a bit disappointed also; not quite sure why it's seemingly detuned as opposed to the IS300h which produces more power. Given it's a heavier vehicle, you'd think they'd give it more rather than less, unless they've tuned the petrol engine for more torque rather than outright power
I meant presence as in size presence not the shape if that makes sense. Its like the presence of a Lexus LS compared to a CT.

And as for the hybrid, I think they may have tuned it for outright efficiency and hoped that everyone who wants power will go for the turbo.
__________________
rayaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 08:43 AM   #39
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
MEP7557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh00 View Post
I don't know what your referring to. Have photo?
Here is a photo. Where the pull tab is, that lifts off and there is storage below that. Maybe not the most ingenious idea but, it is storage.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2010 RX350 AWD LUXURY PKG
MEP7557 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 11:02 AM   #40
rogerh00
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
rogerh00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP7557 View Post
Here is a photo. Where the pull tab is, that lifts off and there is storage below that. Maybe not the most ingenious idea but, it is storage.
Ok thanks. I wonder how deep it is.
__________________
2013 RX350
2012 CT200h gone
2003 & 2007 Toyota Highlander-gone
2001 RX300-gone
rogerh00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 11:11 AM   #41
hypervish
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
hypervish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,767
lexusvishal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh00 View Post
Ok thanks. I wonder how deep it is.
You can see kind of see how deep it is in the video at around 14:40.
__________________
hypervish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 11:27 AM   #42
natnut
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrelld View Post
I will have to see this in person but the NX doesn't look as nice inside as I would expect in this video.

They are competing with this so I will have to evaluate the price points;

Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayaans View Post
You do realised that 50% of that interior is not standard right? its all done "up" with BMW Individual options!

Doesn't BMW Individual Package typically cost $5000-$10,000 USD just for the interior alone?

For that price, it'd damn well better look better than a base NX. Problem is : who'd be dumb enough to pay that?

A more fair comparison would be a base X3 to a base NX.

Looks like BMW PR manage to hoodwink another prospective buyer by pretending that unrealistic overly expensive options were what an actual real world model would look like.
__________________
GS300 2nd Gen (RIP 6 August 2014 )
Wheels : Volks GTC 18x8 front/rear, Silverstone Evol 8 245/40/R18
Suspension : Daizen sway bars,Bilstein HD shocks,Carson Tuned STB,TRD Front LCB,TOM'S 6-links,TOM'S RLCB, Daizen steering rack bushings
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : LED wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler

Last edited by natnut; 05-11-14 at 11:31 AM..
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 11:57 AM   #43
Cruiter
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Cruiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 2,632
Default

I still haven't firmed up whether or not I'll hang on to 'Watson' or trade him for the NXh. Pricing, performance and mpg's, and final trim will make the decision. Watson has about 60k on him now and he still looks & smells new. Keeping him in the garage helps I'm sure. I could even wait a year or so but the smaller size certainly makes the NX a long term consideration.
__________________
Jim Myers

2010RX 450h is my Daily Driver
2014 Stingray keeps my heart rate up Jim's RX450h photos http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...er-albums.html
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 12:56 PM   #44
darrelld
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayaans View Post
I meant presence as in size presence not the shape if that makes sense. Its like the presence of a Lexus LS compared to a CT.

And as for the hybrid, I think they may have tuned it for outright efficiency and hoped that everyone who wants power will go for the turbo.
The only difference I see between the IS300h and the NA NX (ES300h) is the use of direct injection on the 2.5. Direct injection usually improves fuel economy, my guess is Lexus is going for something cheaper for US market.

My CMax is rated at 188 hp and weighs 3600lbs with decent acceleration (some sites reporting 7.1 0-60 with a full charge). If they can keep the weight down 193 should be adequate. Maybe they are saving the direct injected 2.5 in the hybrid for an F Sport version. Not holding my breath though.
__________________
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid
2012 Passat TDI SEL w/DSG
2006 Smokey Granite IS350 Lux w/Nav ---- Sold
darrelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 01:01 PM   #45
darrelld
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnut View Post
Doesn't BMW Individual Package typically cost $5000-$10,000 USD just for the interior alone?

For that price, it'd damn well better look better than a base NX. Problem is : who'd be dumb enough to pay that?

A more fair comparison would be a base X3 to a base NX.

Looks like BMW PR manage to hoodwink another prospective buyer by pretending that unrealistic overly expensive options were what an actual real world model would look like.
True, but we really have no idea of the NX price points or options at this time. One important thing to keep in mind is the NX is based on the Rav4, the X3 is based on a BMW 3 series. No comparison in capabilities even with the lowest optioned 3 series vs completly optioned Rav4.
__________________
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid
2012 Passat TDI SEL w/DSG
2006 Smokey Granite IS350 Lux w/Nav ---- Sold
darrelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 01:01 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turn signals - what do they look like? Are they LEDs? keiusui RC F 12 11-13-14 03:42 PM
European NX commercial with Will.i.Am is out John Coyle NX Models 9 09-24-14 10:51 AM
NX production video bitkahuna NX Models 0 08-16-14 09:37 PM
Lexus NX Handling Dynamics John Coyle NX Models 18 07-03-14 04:46 AM


Tags
1755, 2015, club, colors, dsg, extended, kg, lexus, lexusnx300h, mpg, nx, nx200t, nx300h, review, sound, sport, test, thailand, warranty

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info