NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Automotive Reviews Thread

Old 10-12-14, 12:48 AM
wrottier
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today, picked up my brand new NX 300h F Sport. For years I've been driving BMW, but really didn't like the BMW SUV's on the market today. So, I've been searching for a SUV that would appeal to me in both daring design and good performance. A few weeks ago I noticed the commercial on TV about the new Lexus NX 300h and I was thrilled. Went to the dealer nearby and they actually had the one on stock I liked most, Titanium body and Rose/Black leather interior. And the F Sport is fully loaded, needless to say. First driving experience; its awesome! Yes, totally different from what I was used to as going from "German" to "Japanese" is quiet a difference in driving experience. But I was prepared for that, so no surprises in that respect. Will keep you posted on my experiences in the next few months!
Old 10-12-14, 09:41 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by wrottier
Today, picked up my brand new NX 300h F Sport. For years I've been driving BMW, but really didn't like the BMW SUV's on the market today. So, I've been searching for a SUV that would appeal to me in both daring design and good performance. A few weeks ago I noticed the commercial on TV about the new Lexus NX 300h and I was thrilled. Went to the dealer nearby and they actually had the one on stock I liked most, Titanium body and Rose/Black leather interior. And the F Sport is fully loaded, needless to say. First driving experience; its awesome! Yes, totally different from what I was used to as going from "German" to "Japanese" is quiet a difference in driving experience. But I was prepared for that, so no surprises in that respect. Will keep you posted on my experiences in the next few months!
Thanks for posting this. I'm interested in the NX, won't see one here until December. Am anxious to hear your driving experiences.
Old 10-12-14, 09:51 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CONGRATS!!!! Let's see pics!!!
Old 10-13-14, 10:22 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wrottier
Today, picked up my brand new NX 300h F Sport.

Went to the dealer nearby and they actually had the one on stock I liked most,
I haven't even seen one yet and you own one? I didn't know it was for sale yet. When did Lexus release it? I haven't even seen any prices for the USA yet.

I've been following the NX for ~2 years and getting bored with all the delay. I'm ready to trade in my imaginary NX for something new.
Old 10-13-14, 11:10 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I haven't even seen one yet and you own one? I didn't know it was for sale yet. When did Lexus release it? I haven't even seen any prices for the USA yet.

I've been following the NX for ~2 years and getting bored with all the delay. I'm ready to trade in my imaginary NX for something new.
He's not from the US. His "Location" shows NB so that could mean New Brunswik, Canada. Regardless of the actual details, it looks like it's not in the US

Last edited by bunka; 10-13-14 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-13-14, 05:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

^^^Nah, not possible it's New Brunswick, Canada. First, the NX is not even out yet here as it's slated for December, a week or two after the US launch. Second, there is no 300h F-Sport anywhere in N.A.

NB seems to refer to Norway which is possible since the NX has just been released there.

We definitely want to see pics!
Old 10-13-14, 05:45 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^Nah, not possible it's New Brunswick, Canada. First, the NX is not even out yet here as it's slated for December, a week or two after the US launch. Second, there is no 300h F-Sport anywhere in N.A.

NB seems to refer to Norway which is possible since the NX has just been released there.

Thanks, I thought it may be New Brunswick, Ca, but then I figured you would be the first to get one in Canada! So who knows where he is.

OP, please post pics of the 300h f-sport, even though I can't have one.
Old 10-13-14, 08:11 PM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think this has been posted before...

On iTunes, I found a Lexus US app that's specifically to promote the NX:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2015...914120516?mt=8

Most of it contains the usual marketing brochure-type material, but they do have a neat section that shows a features comparison between the BMW X3 and the NX.

Take it for what it's worth, but I do find it somewhat useful to have the NX & X3 specific features/pics side-by-side to compare.
Old 10-14-14, 06:44 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

its selling like hotcakes in Taiwan already:
http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2014/...world-best-22/
Old 10-15-14, 06:37 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Motor Trend was pretty harsh on their SUV of the Year review of the NX.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/.../lexus_nx.html

MacKenzie was the NX's biggest aesthetic detractor. I wish we had room to publish everything he wrote, but this is the highlight, "Here's a direct appeal to Akio Toyoda: Tell the guys enough with the spindle grille, already. It just doesn't work, no matter how much your designers tweak it." Ouch.
As for ride and handling, Lago had an awful lot to say. "Rides rougher than it should, and to no benefit as far as handling is concerned. This isn't 'sporty.' The NX leaves a lot on the vehicle dynamics table. Terminal understeer and woeful ESC intervention. The 2.3-liter Lincoln schools this thing in handling and stability control tuning." Pity we didn't get to sample the non-F-Sport 200t, because it rides much better and doesn't pretend to be sporty.
Old 10-15-14, 07:09 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Thanks, I thought it may be New Brunswick, Ca, but then I figured you would be the first to get one in Canada! So who knows where he is.

OP, please post pics of the 300h f-sport, even though I can't have one.
http://www.acronymfinder.com/NB.html
Norges Bank, Norway
New Bombay, India
New Brunswick, Canada
New Braunfels, Texas
North Bonneville, Washingotn
Also Latin for "Look Here" or "Take Note"
Old 10-15-14, 06:17 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Originally Posted by raylor4
http://www.acronymfinder.com/NB.html
Norges Bank, Norway
New Bombay, India
New Brunswick, Canada
New Braunfels, Texas
North Bonneville, Washingotn
Also Latin for "Look Here" or "Take Note"
Ha, Norway or India it is then. Definitely not New Bergen, New Jersey
Old 10-15-14, 06:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Motor Trend was pretty harsh on their SUV of the Year review of the NX.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/.../lexus_nx.html
Styling is subjective so that's out. As for ride, some other reviews had similar comments about the firmer ride of the FSport, but so did many reviews dislike the RX FSport's "harsh" ride. Personally, I'm ok with the RX FSport's ride. In short, I don't expect ES bump absorption, but if it's similar to my IS or RX FSports, I'm a happy camper.
Old 10-15-14, 10:09 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Styling is subjective so that's out. As for ride, some other reviews had similar comments about the firmer ride of the FSport, but so did many reviews dislike the RX FSport's "harsh" ride. Personally, I'm ok with the RX FSport's ride. In short, I don't expect ES bump absorption, but if it's similar to my IS or RX FSports, I'm a happy camper.
I was disappointed by their lower-than-PREVIOUSLY-projected fuel economy of the Hybrid version of ...
33/30/32 mpg (Prior was 35/31/33)
but they didn't test a Hybrid version so...
where did they come up with those figures?

Last edited by bunka; 10-16-14 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-22-14, 11:46 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX Automotive Reviews Thread