NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Three Different NX Front Bumpers?

Old 09-09-14, 06:54 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you about the grille/fascia ...

My ideal NX:
- 300h w F Sport appearance package (mirrors, grille)
- No BS add on F-Sport gizmos or sport seats
- the gray F-Sport rims (don't care for the machined look ... And the standard 300h rims are awful - both 17" & 18" IMHO)

I would rather have the 300h ideally but dislike the "shark nose" enough that it really has me considering the F Sport solely for the front end and rims. However, I really don't want to give up the fuel economy and cooled seats. All of this concern has me taking a wait and see in person approach. I may wait a couple years for the refresh to see if they offer a sport appearance package as well. Likely by that time they'll have more of the options they've left off for the US market as well (pano moonroof, 360 camera, Mark Levinson).

I really grow tired of the US market getting the watered down versions.
Old 09-09-14, 08:07 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, we always get the bull shhit of cars here. now I know it's the american regulators half the time that deprive us of such thrills. I am he same as you, almost. Give me the 300h with the cooled seats, f sport styling and wheels, and the option for beige interior (wife's request lol). That would be the best thing ever. I would be able to wait until next year as well to see if they change that damn ugly front on the US spec non-sport bumper. But prob not beyond that as I plan to have a kid. Can't wait for three yrs for a mid cycle refresh. WOW Lexus you effed up big time! All for what just to avoid some CAFE tax brackets? Shame on you!
Old 09-10-14, 06:38 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoa wait.. it was bad enough that they didn't want to give us the better designed Euro spec bumper, now they're taking the F Sport trim away from the 300h too? Can someone please verify if this is true?

"The 194-hp NX 300h (which doesn't come in an F Sport version) cedes more of the fun factor."

http://www.wcvb.com/marketplace/auto...us-nx/27637016
Old 09-10-14, 02:28 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Yes, there will be no FSport available on the 300h in the USA ... Neither an appearance package nor the actual package.
Old 09-10-14, 03:44 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
whoa wait.. it was bad enough that they didn't want to give us the better designed Euro spec bumper, now they're taking the F Sport trim away from the 300h too? Can someone please verify if this is true?

"The 194-hp NX 300h (which doesn't come in an F Sport version) cedes more of the fun factor."

http://www.wcvb.com/marketplace/auto...us-nx/27637016
Here is my take ---- I think it is all about different markets. In US and Canada, there would be too little product differentiation between a regular NX300h and a F-Sport NX300h. Performance-wise they are the same and the performance penalty is obvious between a NX200t and a NX300h on highways.
Also some features such as turbo meter, G-meter are missing on NX300h F-Sport.

On the other hand, in some Asia and European countries, some buyers would choose a F-Sport NX300h over a NX300h because of a sporty appearance rather than from a performance aspect because the traffic is heavily congested most of the time.
Old 09-10-14, 05:32 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

If Lexus only expects 10% of NX buyers to opt for the 300h I suppose it isn't cost effective to have a production run with 300h F Sports which would be an even smaller portion of sales. They also don't likely anticipate many US buyers who choose hybrid care much about the F Sport. Europe and other markets tend to appreciate and choose sportier rides in general versus the US.
Old 09-15-14, 04:18 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
If Lexus only expects 10% of NX buyers to opt for the 300h I suppose it isn't cost effective to have a production run with 300h F Sports which would be an even smaller portion of sales. They also don't likely anticipate many US buyers who choose hybrid care much about the F Sport. Europe and other markets tend to appreciate and choose sportier rides in general versus the US.
I believe the CT F-Sport is selling really well.

If I were you guys complaining wait till you see the truck in person a lot of pictures are taken at angles that make it look worse. Porsche's SUV also has a very sharked out front end , maybe more so , nobody complains about it. Who knows it might not bother you from your angle.

You have to wait and see what Lexus does yr two also - that comes fast seeing this is a November release the next yr will be September-October? IIRC. They always listen to people's thoughts especially new owners. If enough people ask for something they usually get it.

I am waiting till spring - for several reasons - unless they blow me away when I test drive them. Them being the turbo and hybrid models. I do prefer the hybrid grill - but am now leaning towards the NX turbo F-Sport.......we already own a CT - my wife is lead footed.
Old 09-15-14, 07:59 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
I believe the CT F-Sport is selling really well.

If I were you guys complaining wait till you see the truck in person a lot of pictures are taken at angles that make it look worse. Porsche's SUV also has a very sharked out front end , maybe more so , nobody complains about it. Who knows it might not bother you from your angle.

You have to wait and see what Lexus does yr two also - that comes fast seeing this is a November release the next yr will be September-October? IIRC. They always listen to people's thoughts especially new owners. If enough people ask for something they usually get it.

I am waiting till spring - for several reasons - unless they blow me away when I test drive them. Them being the turbo and hybrid models. I do prefer the hybrid grill - but am now leaning towards the NX turbo F-Sport.......we already own a CT - my wife is lead footed.
Definitely have to see in person to really get a feel. However, the more I read the worse it seems to get on the NX. I don't know if it was just forum talk or if Lexus was really over-promising, but the NX200t non-F-Sport final product is not really doing it for me on paper.

Regarding shark noses, I've never thought the Porsches, especially the Macan (which I've only really seen in pics), had any. The RX on the other hand I noticed immediately when I had it as a loaner. Having a pretty unadulterated opinion at the time as I'd never done any internet searches on an RX, I gave it a once over and my initial thought was when viewing from the side the front end is really weird and sticks out far. I'm expecting the NX200t to give me the same impression.
Old 09-30-14, 08:12 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

The F-Sport in a Hybrid would likely not sell well. Think about it. Most products in the hybrid market are ALL about economy over performance. My wife is literally HATES almost EVERYTHING about the F-Sport from it's "cow-catcher" oversized grill to the multi-colored (cartoonish) interior.

Most Hybrid buyers are like my wife. Housewives that want toned-down looks. What the DO want is luxury, quietness, technology (like side warnings) but don't give a flying flip about complicated systems or outlandish "LOOK AT ME" that is the very essence of the F-Sport product line.
Old 10-01-14, 07:37 AM
lcneed
Driver

Originally Posted by bunka
The F-Sport in a Hybrid would likely not sell well. Think about it. Most products in the hybrid market are ALL about economy over performance. My wife is literally HATES almost EVERYTHING about the F-Sport from it's "cow-catcher" oversized grill to the multi-colored (cartoonish) interior.

Most Hybrid buyers are like my wife. Housewives that want toned-down looks. What the DO want is luxury, quietness, technology (like side warnings) but don't give a flying flip about complicated systems or outlandish "LOOK AT ME" that is the very essence of the F-Sport product line.
Heh, it is very much different here in So Cal. It is mostly males who drive the hybrid. The housewives are in their BMW and MBZ. The F-Sport CT200H is very very popular here and mostly guys (from 30's to 50's) who drives them.

A lot of housewives drive the RX but not the RX hybrid here. I think it is just different culture in the different states.
Old 10-01-14, 08:08 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by bunka

NOT ME! The sole reason why I am not in the market for NX, is because the hybrid isn't available in F-Sport. I have decided to stay put with my CT in F-sport looks. Just because we want to conserve and spend less in the gas pumps, doesn't make us boring. I for one like the "outlandish "LOOK AT ME" that is the very essence of the F-Sport product line". I am thinking, Lexus will launch the F-Sport Hybrid NX in NA either by mid cycle or the next cycle. I will be ready when that comes. Until then, I will be busy doing some cosmetic mods on my CT.
Old 10-01-14, 01:23 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveCT
NOT ME! The sole reason why I am not in the market for NX, is because the hybrid isn't available in F-Sport. I have decided to stay put with my CT in F-sport looks. Just because we want to conserve and spend less in the gas pumps, doesn't make us boring. I for one like the "outlandish "LOOK AT ME" that is the very essence of the F-Sport product line". I am thinking, Lexus will launch the F-Sport Hybrid NX in NA either by mid cycle or the next cycle. I will be ready when that comes. Until then, I will be busy doing some cosmetic mods on my CT.
if there is a lot of demand for NX300h, they might add F-Sport version next year.
Old 10-01-14, 05:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

^^^I'm with LoveCT.

I wish my IS F-Sport was a 300h and my RX F-Sport, a 450h. I also wish for the NX300h F-Sport, but like my past two purchases, the F-Sport handling and looks just barely edges over the regular hybrid models.
Old 10-01-14, 07:32 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

All of these responses on the F-Sport are pushing me more and more to the land of ... no longer interested.
If this becomes the next "mod" car for the younger set, I don't want ANY part of it. I saw (& did) enough of the lowering (by chopping springs) and putting turbo's and NOX kits on Honda's changing the riding and performance characteristics WAY behond the original envelope those cars were designed for. Eventually, all the mods made those types of cars worthless to anyone other than the extreme modders. If that is where these NX's will be going we are simsply not interested. We will let the younger set have fun with them but keep in mind that younger set is doing well to have $10K cash to burn on those prior "play cars" so I don't think many (if ANY) will be able to plunk down $40K for a new car and then start modding them but you never know, do you?
Old 10-02-14, 02:00 AM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^I'm with LoveCT.

I wish my IS F-Sport was a 300h and my RX F-Sport, a 450h. I also wish for the NX300h F-Sport, but like my past two purchases, the F-Sport handling and looks just barely edges over the regular hybrid models.
Well luckily in Australia, we get the F-Sport package on every hybrid model. The idea that hybrids should only be totally focused on economy is nonsense in my opinion. Otherwise why do brands offer sport packages on their non-performance orientated models. Because they look a hell of a lot nicer than the standard fitout. A great example is the new C Class - it looks soft as hell standard spec without the AMG line fitout.

We picked the F Sport on our 300h because it subjectively looks better than the non F-Sport, the seats are nicer, and having AVS is nice. Either way, I'm glad in Australia we get the choice, and that we only have the nice "non-shark" nosed versions coming here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Three Different NX Front Bumpers?