Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > NX Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

NX colors

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-14, 05:42 PM   #1
4482
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 358
Default NX colors

Has anyone heard the colors the new NX will come in ?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
2010 Tungsten Pearl AWD RX350
Premium, Comfort & NAV PKG
(Replaced AWD 05 RX w/NAV)
2013 RAV4 LTD AWD, NAV, BSM with RCTA
4482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 07:27 PM   #2
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,831
Default

An announcement was made that there are 10 available colors. The actual colors have not been announced yet. However, here's what I've seen so far and my remaining guesses.

Seen:
1. Silver Lining Metallic
2. Atomic Silver
3. Sonic White (Ultra White)
4. Claret Mica
5. Starfire Pearl
6. Nebula Gray

Highly Likely:
7. Obsidian
8. Starlight Black

Guesses:
9. Deep Sea Blue Mica
10. Fire Agate Pearl
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 07:52 PM   #3
4482
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
An announcement was made that there are 10 available colors. The actual colors have not been announced yet. However, here's what I've seen so far and my remaining guesses.

Seen:
1. Silver Lining Metallic
2. Atomic Silver
3. Sonic White (Ultra White)
4. Claret Mica
5. Starfire Pearl
6. Nebula Gray

Highly Likely:
7. Obsidian
8. Starlight Black

Guesses:
9. Deep Sea Blue Mica
10. Fire Agate Pearl
I was hoping for a bright red as I don't care for the Claret Mica.
__________________
2010 Tungsten Pearl AWD RX350
Premium, Comfort & NAV PKG
(Replaced AWD 05 RX w/NAV)
2013 RAV4 LTD AWD, NAV, BSM with RCTA
4482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 05:40 AM   #4
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,831
Default

^^^I could be wrong since again, it's just my observation, but typically Lexus has historically offered only one red for its models (Matador Red Mica, Claret Mica, and for the 2014 CT - Redline).

Personally, I like red as well (I had two MRM Lexus vehicles), and I was not initially fond of Claret Mica until I saw it in the right lighting! Forget the darker hues of this color, look at viperdoc's RX F-Sport and how great this color suits a sporty look. And the NX below looks great too even though the pic and lighting is bad

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
 
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 02:12 PM   #5
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,831
Default

Found this photoshop of what almost looks similar to "Redline" red. Interesting vision by the artist.
Attached Images
 
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 05:37 PM   #6
FyaIS350
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: new york
Posts: 83
NYR3530
Default

they better have atomic silver w/ red interior available for the f-sport!!!!
FyaIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 06:58 PM   #7
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyaIS350 View Post
they better have atomic silver w/ red interior available for the f-sport!!!!
Their official photoshoot of the NX F-Sport and unveiling at the NY autoshow has that exact model combination so I'd be VERY shocked if it's not available. I'm very confident it will be available.
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:04 AM   #8
LexFather
Guest
Trader Score: ()
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
Their official photoshoot of the NX F-Sport and unveiling at the NY autoshow has that exact model combination so I'd be VERY shocked if it's not available. I'm very confident it will be available.
USB was posted yesterday on Facebook by a Lexus Dealer in Europe. It looks amazing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:36 AM   #9
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
USB was posted yesterday on Facebook by a Lexus Dealer in Europe. It looks amazing.
pics bro, pics!

NX looks like it will accommodate any color... great design.
__________________
- 07 Lexus GS350 AWD
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:39 AM   #10
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joeb427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
^^^I could be wrong since again, it's just my observation, but typically Lexus has historically offered only one red for its models (Matador Red Mica, Claret Mica, and for the 2014 CT - Redline).

Personally, I like red as well (I had two MRM Lexus vehicles), and I was not initially fond of Claret Mica until I saw it in the right lighting! Forget the darker hues of this color, look at viperdoc's RX F-Sport and how great this color suits a sporty look. And the NX below looks great too even though the pic and lighting is bad

Click the image to open in full size.
The top pic is the best pic l'll seen of the NX.
Joeb427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 09:16 AM   #11
natnut
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
pics bro, pics!

NX looks like it will accommodate any color... great design.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

From lexusenthusiast blog.
__________________
GS300 2nd Gen (RIP 6 August 2014 )
Wheels : Volks GTC 18x8 front/rear, Silverstone Evol 8 245/40/R18
Suspension : Daizen sway bars,Bilstein HD shocks,Carson Tuned STB,TRD Front LCB,TOM'S 6-links,TOM'S RLCB, Daizen steering rack bushings
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : LED wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 10:10 AM   #12
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
AndyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4482 View Post
Has anyone heard the colors the new NX will come in ?
Yes, the colours have been reported on some Japanese sites such as this one.

http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139526178834202001

This blog has been updated a few times and if you read the content, it even lists fuel consumption and packages available in Japan for NX as well as what kind of fuel is required (e.g., regular fuel for NX300h, premium fuel for 200t)


The colours for NX are:

ソニッククォーツ(新色) - Sonic Quartz (085) - New color introduced in NX. Some blog suggests it is the successor of Aurora White Pearl ( 078 )
プラチナムシルバーメタ - Platinum Silver Metallic / Silver Lining Metallic (1J4)
ソニックチタニウム - Sonic Titanium / Atomic Silver (1J7)
マーキュリーグレーマイカ - Mercury Grey Mica / Nebula Grey Pearl (1H9)
ブラック - Black (212)
スターライトブラックガラスフレーク - Starlight Black Glass Flake / Starlight Black Mica (217)
レッドマイカクリスタルシャイン - Red Mica Crystal Shine / Metador Red Mica (3R1)
ファイヤーゲートマイカメタ(Fは不可) - Fire Agate Mica Metallic / Fire Agate Pearl (4V3) - N/A for F Sport
エクシードブルーメタ - Exceed Blue Metallic / USB (8U1)
メテオブルーマイカメタ(Fは不可)- Meteor Blue Mica (8W3) - N/A for F Sport -- this is the colour available for current GS.
__________________
2014 IS350 AWD non F Sport, Xpel Ultimate
2011 RX350 AWD, Ventureshield Ultra

Last edited by AndyL; 05-30-14 at 09:42 PM..
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 12:21 PM   #13
jhs82
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
jhs82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnut View Post
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

From lexusenthusiast blog.
Holy crap, that's BLUE!!
Will be interesting to see in real life.
__________________
Johan Sällman
2014 IS 300h "Alexis" Nebula grey / black + all options

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegresS View Post
most people don't read the signatures- might as well say "banana banana banana"
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 12:45 PM   #14
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
Yes, the colours have been reported on some Japanese sites such as this one.

http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139526178834202001

This blog has been updated a few times and if you read the content, it even lists fuel consumption and packages available in Japan for NX as well as what kind of fuel is required (e.g., regular fuel for NX300h, premium fuel for 200t)


The colours for NX are:

ソニッククォーツ(新色) - Sonic Quartz (???) - New color introduced in NX. Some blog suggests it is the successor of Aurora White Pearl ( 078 )
プラチナムシルバーメタ - Platinum Silver Metallic / Silver Lining Metallic (1J4)
ソニックチタニウム - Sonic Titanium / Atomic Silver (1J7)
マーキュリーグレーマイカ - Mercury Grey Mica / Nebula Grey Pearl (1H9)
ブラック - Black (212)
スターライトブラックガラスフレーク - Starlight Black Glass Flake / Starlight Black Mica (217)
レッドマイカクリスタルシャイン - Red Mica Crystal Shine / Metador Red Mica (3R1)
ファイヤーゲートマイカメタ(Fは不可) - Fire Agate Mica Metallic / Fire Agate Pearl (4V3) - N/A for F Sport
エクシードブルーメタ - Exceed Blue Metallic / USB (8U1)
メテオブルーマイカメタ(Fは不可)- Meteor Blue Mica (8W3) - N/A for F Sport -- this is the colour available for current GS.

Thanks AndyL. Only one color is off IMO with what's shown in the video, and that's Claret Mica vs Matador Red Mica. From the video, it looks to me like it's the darker Claret Mica and not MRM At 1:57 and 2:09 (and the startup image of the video as well), but it could just be the lighting since the ES below shows how bright and dark MRM can be.



Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX

Last edited by corradoMR2; 05-20-14 at 12:50 PM..
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 04:28 PM   #15
LexFather
Guest
Trader Score: ()
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
pics bro, pics!

NX looks like it will accommodate any color... great design.
I'm glad others posted the pics. Love the blue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 04:28 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NX Preview Event Ice350 Florida Lexus Club 0 09-18-14 05:08 PM
Nx pics 8901alex RX - Third Generation 0 09-07-14 11:17 PM
nx PICS 8901alex NX Models 0 09-07-14 11:06 PM
New Model Forum for the NX? "that boy" Site Suggestions & Problems 1 04-17-14 01:52 PM
Should the new Rav4 (and NX) get a hybrid variant or have the V6 return? PhilipMSPT Car Chat 15 04-20-13 10:03 AM


Tags
2015, agate, blue, claret, color, colors, colours, exceed, fire, lexus, mica, modified, nx, pearl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info