Anyone making reservations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 09:56 PM
Torqueless
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
End of November/first week of December.

If you want to own one then, go to your local Lexus dealer and put in a pre-order (if not already too late) or you may need to wait to early next year.

One question about the preorder. So is this basically putting money upfront on a car that you havent test driven yet? Or basically giving the dealer your word that you plan on purchasing one once you get the car with the specs you requested. How exactly does a preorder work?
Sorry for the questions but ive just been purchasing/leasing cars that the dealers had on hand...
Old 10-11-14, 10:04 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Torqueless
One question about the preorder. So is this basically putting money upfront on a car that you havent test driven yet? Or basically giving the dealer your word that you plan on purchasing one once you get the car with the specs you requested. How exactly does a preorder work?
Sorry for the questions but ive just been purchasing/leasing cars that the dealers had on hand...
I am not the expert on this but here is my take (as we were considing doing a pre-order)....
As nothing has been formally released, you can't really specify anything yet. Rather, you give them a deposit (from $500 to $1,000) for a "spot" on their list. Dealer's will get their initial allocations & you pick from that list.

Last edited by bunka; 10-11-14 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-11-14, 10:09 PM
Torqueless
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bunka
I am not the expert on this but here is my take (as we were considing doing a pre-order)....
As nothing has been formally released, you can't really specify anything yet. Rather, you give them a deposit (from $500 to $1,000) for a "spot" on their list. Dealer's will get their initial allocations & you can pick from that list or put your order in once the specs and prices have been released and you would be in the first ones produced to order (but you won't likely get it until 2015)
So then what happens to the deposit you initially hand over to the dealer for the spot? Does it get applied as a security deposit on the purchase of the car or a down payment?

Thanks and yes anything from here on out you might have to explain to me as you do a five year old. Heh heh
Old 10-11-14, 10:13 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

So then what happens to the deposit you initially hand over to the dealer for the spot? Does it get applied as a security deposit on the purchase of the car or a down payment?

Thanks and yes anything from here on out you might have to explain to me as you do a five year old. Heh heh
Basically
You might need to wait until the mornign for more details from others closer to the structure
Old 10-12-14, 10:01 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is pretty much how my deposit will work. Here is how my reservation in Canada went:

1. Made a deposit of $500. Dealer originally asked for $1000, but I thought that was a bit too long for them to hold onto that for potentially 5-6 months (I made deposit back in July.

2. The deposit will go towards the down payment for the financing or leasing deal when I purchase the NX.

3. The deposit is subject to pricing and test drive. If I'm not satisfied with the NX when more details are released, I can back out of the deal and get my deposit back.

I know it's a pretty big 'leap of faith' to put a deposit down on a vehicle when there are still so many unknowns. However, that is the only way to ensure we'd get an NX from the first batch delivered to the dealership. Also, both Lexus dealerships in my city has already maxed out the pre-orders on the first shipment... this kinda shows the popularity/demand of the NX.
Old 10-12-14, 10:24 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by doomdealer
I know it's a pretty big 'leap of faith' to put a deposit down on a vehicle when there are still so many unknowns. However, that is the only way to ensure we'd get an NX from the first batch delivered to the dealership. Also, both Lexus dealerships in my city has already maxed out the pre-orders on the first shipment... this kinda shows the popularity/demand of the NX.
It's not so bad since it's only tied up for a few months. Is the reservation for dealer stock, or are they able to order what you want ahead of time so the dealer gets your car as part of their initial allocation? Just curious because I think some of the people getting Lincoln MKC's ended up getting theirs months after dealer stock had come in due to ordering specific non-package options like an audio upgrade.

I have a Model X reservation (fully refundable of course). Now THAT is a leap of faith since I have no idea what it will look like, cost, or even when it will be available.....for the small price of $5k
Old 10-12-14, 10:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by doomdealer
That is pretty much how my deposit will work. Here is how my reservation in Canada went:

1. Made a deposit of $500. Dealer originally asked for $1000, but I thought that was a bit too long for them to hold onto that for potentially 5-6 months (I made deposit back in July.

2. The deposit will go towards the down payment for the financing or leasing deal when I purchase the NX.

3. The deposit is subject to pricing and test drive. If I'm not satisfied with the NX when more details are released, I can back out of the deal and get my deposit back.

+1. I believe the US is the same.

My pre-order is in the first order batch from my dealer, expecting it by the first week of December. When pricing is out, if the rates, trade-in, etch are not to my liking, refund is deposited and both dealer and I move on.
Old 10-12-14, 01:00 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sg021
It's not so bad since it's only tied up for a few months. Is the reservation for dealer stock, or are they able to order what you want ahead of time so the dealer gets your car as part of their initial allocation? Just curious because I think some of the people getting Lincoln MKC's ended up getting theirs months after dealer stock had come in due to ordering specific non-package options like an audio upgrade.

I have a Model X reservation (fully refundable of course). Now THAT is a leap of faith since I have no idea what it will look like, cost, or even when it will be available.....for the small price of $5k
It's dealer stock only. Basically it's "whatever is coming in" on their initial order. You can't pre-order specifics as those details aren't yet available.

Generally, if you are 1st on the list (e.g. put your deposit down in July), you get 1st choice of what's coming in (unless the owner's kids are also on the list). If you put a deposit down today, you will have to wait until all those in front of you take their pick. If you want a white one and only two were available and already selected by others, you are out of luck and you then have to choose from other popular colors (like silver, champaign, black, etc). The "leftovers" may not even have NAVI so... Basically, you lay your monies down and takes your chances. If you don't like your options, you can typically move that deposit forward to a custom order that will show up some 3-6 months later

Last edited by bunka; 10-12-14 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-12-14, 07:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^bunka, I placed a specific order for Obsidian/R.Red F-Sport Series 2 (Canada) the moment the package/specs were out (back in July) so one does (or did) have the opportunity to lock in their pre-order model/color/etc.
Old 10-12-14, 08:39 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^bunka, I placed a specific order for Obsidian/R.Red F-Sport Series 2 (Canada) the moment the package/specs were out (back in July) so one does (or did) have the opportunity to lock in their pre-order model/color/etc.
Interesting but here in the USA we only saw the potential packages about 3 weeks ago so I don't think that was an option here (back then). My dealer basically said that I would be on the list and would be able to pick from what was coming in. The wife wants to drive one before ordering and that first chance will be this Friday as that will be the first time anyone at this large dealership in Charlotte, NC will have had the chance to see one in the sheet metal.
Old 10-13-14, 05:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Looking forward to the review!
Old 10-23-14, 05:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Canada Release Date - December 5th

Got word from a Lexus Canada marketing rep, official release date of the NX here is December 5th.
Old 10-31-14, 03:30 PM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

The countdown begins....I put my deposit down on a F-Sport in Atomic Silver/Black. Hopeful I get one that is close to fully loaded.

I am going to miss Lexi (My 2009 IS250), she is one sweet ride!

I am SOOOOOO excited!
Old 11-03-14, 02:00 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Are they showing up yet at dealers?
Old 11-03-14, 06:26 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tom59
Are they showing up yet at dealers?