NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone making reservations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 10:09 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was quoted a price of 52k for a package 2 loaded f sport. This was given to me by a rep form Lexus HQ.
Old 09-25-14, 06:48 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Not yet, but we're assuming the packages/specs listed are accurate (as a worst case) and went ahead anyway.
Amazing that it has no power liftgate; my cousin's crappy new Suburu has it???
Old 09-25-14, 08:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
I was quoted a price of 52k for a package 2 loaded f sport. This was given to me by a rep form Lexus HQ.
Is it official? That would be spot on with my guesstimate.

Originally Posted by dctex99
Amazing that it has no power liftgate; my cousin's crappy new Suburu has it???
I hope the latest literature is accurate which seems to include the power liftgate.
Old 09-27-14, 08:57 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's bound to have more desired features than the competitive Audi Q-3 which unbelievably doesn't have homelink available.
Old 09-27-14, 08:59 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
It's bound to have more desired features than the competitive Audi Q-3 which unbelievably doesn't have homelink available.
Isn't the Q5 the main Audi competitor to the NX? It does get confusing, but that was my take on things.
Old 09-27-14, 12:56 PM
adamsmith
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Isn't the Q5 the main Audi competitor to the NX? It does get confusing, but that was my take on things.
I cant understand neither why some tend to compare NX with Q3. Just take a look at a comparison of the size.

Old 09-27-14, 09:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

NX direct competitors are the Audi Q5, BMW X3, MB GLK, Acura RDX, Lincoln MKC.

Price range (US) $34-39K starting. We can expect the NX to fall in the middle around 36-37K.

With the exception of the GLK (a touch smaller externally), these vehicles are all within an inch or so in all major dimensions (length, width, height) externally. On the interior, almost very close as well...

Indirect competitors: Range Rover Evoque. It competes in some markets with the NX from a "Styling" standpoint" but the Evoque is 1 foot shorter yet priced more like an RX than an NX ever will be. Size-wise it should be in the sub-compact luxury class, but pricing is closer to the mid-size luxury class. Anomaly for sure. Another is the Porsche Macan, with the several thousands $ premium due to the Porsche heritage and performance.

"Sub-compact" Crossover SUVs include the Audi Q3, MB GLA, and BMW X1. These are not in the same class as the NX thanks to their significantly smaller interior and exterior dimensions by 7-12 inches shorter! In addition, their starting prices are much lower hovering around $30k[/U].

Hope this clarifies the two different segments.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 09-27-14 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-28-14, 03:22 AM
Nights
Pole Position

Ordered a 300h F-Sport in white with black/red interior with the enhancement pack 2.

Price here is Australia drive away with all dealer charges/taxes was $80k.

Has leather, nav, premium LED lights with auto high beams, cornering lights, power tailgate, front/rear sensors, 360 degree camera, LDW, ACC, RCTA, HUD, Mark Levinson sound, Moonroof, wireless charger, seat heater/cooler, power seats with memory, power rear seats, adaptive suspension, PCS, Smart key card.

Pretty reasonable when you compare to a Q5 or an X3 with the same options would be a fair bit more.

It's going to sell like hotcakes; just whilst we were there today, another 2 sold at this dealership and when I went and test drove it last week, another 3 were sold. Pre-orders are through to February is some of the more popular colour/spec combos. Earliest to get the car would be January.
Old 09-28-14, 06:25 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

NX direct competitors are the Audi Q5, BMW X3, MB GLK, Acura RDX, Lincoln MKC.

Price range (US) $34-39K starting. We can expect the NX to fall in the middle around 36-37K.

With the exception of the GLK (a touch smaller externally), these vehicles are all within an inch or so in all major dimensions (length, width, height) externally. On the interior, almost very close as well...

Indirect competitors: Range Rover Evoque. It competes in some markets with the NX from a "Styling" standpoint" but the Evoque is 1 foot shorter yet priced more like an RX than an NX ever will be. Size-wise it should be in the sub-compact luxury class, but pricing is closer to the mid-size luxury class. Anomaly for sure. Another is the Porsche Macan, with the several thousands $ premium due to the Porsche heritage and performance.

"Sub-compact" Crossover SUVs include the Audi Q3, MB GLA, and BMW X1. These are not in the same class as the NX thanks to their significantly smaller interior and exterior dimensions by 7-12 inches shorter! In addition, their starting prices are much lower hovering around $30k[/U].

Hope this clarifies the two different segments.
Very good recap. thanks...
Old 09-28-14, 07:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Nights
Ordered a 300h F-Sport in white with black/red interior with the enhancement pack 2.

Price here is Australia drive away with all dealer charges/taxes was $80k.

Has leather, nav, premium LED lights with auto high beams, cornering lights, power tailgate, front/rear sensors, 360 degree camera, LDW, ACC, RCTA, HUD, Mark Levinson sound, Moonroof, wireless charger, seat heater/cooler, power seats with memory, power rear seats, adaptive suspension, PCS, Smart key card.

Pretty reasonable when you compare to a Q5 or an X3 with the same options would be a fair bit more.

It's going to sell like hotcakes; just whilst we were there today, another 2 sold at this dealership and when I went and test drove it last week, another 3 were sold. Pre-orders are through to February is some of the more popular colour/spec combos. Earliest to get the car would be January.
Congratulations, a true FULLY loaded NX!

When you refer to the smart key card, it's the wallet card? Asking since it's not offered here. However, I always thought it can be ordered and programmed. Having it with the RX, it's such a convenience and I'd like to get it as well with the NX.
Old 09-28-14, 08:22 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

[B]"Sub-compact" Crossover SUVs include the Audi Q3, MB GLA, and BMW X1. These are not in the same class as the NX thanks to their significantly smaller interior and exterior dimensions by 7-12 inches shorter! In addition, their starting prices are much lower hovering around $30k[/U].
I expect that the Lexus marketing department does not want the following type of comparision because it would torpedo the pricing model but the reality is that some/many shoppers will be looking at the wheelbase for their comparison purposes (Q3's 102.5 vs. NX's 104.7 vs. RX's 107.9 vs. Q5's 110.5) so the NX WHEELBASE is firmly in the center of an RX & a Q3 and would logically align the NX with the Q3 since the wheelbase is MUCH closer (200% closer) to the Q3 than it is to the Q5.

To claim that the NX "should" be compared to the MUCH larger Q5 wheelbase would be blasphamy in the car world as most cars are based (primarily) on wheelbase (compact, mid-sized, etc). However, since this is an SUV perhaps more leeway could be considered viable (or not). I initially put the NX up against the other SUV's with the similar wheelbases and expect that many others did as well which may be the root of some of the confusion. Although Lexus (& other Lexus pundants) may not want the general public to use such a measurement, many will still (understandably) use it as a basis for comparison.

Just because Lexus has been crafty enough to have created a short wheelbase SUV but put a larger, mid-sized body on it does not mean that people are ONLY going to look at the results of that effort (more interior cabin room afforded on a SIGNIFICANTLY shorter wheelbase than a Q5. However, as it is Lexus and as all the reveiws have been positive, it appears that Lexus has (so far) been succesful in that persuasion. We are open to giving it a chance and looking forward to seeing IF this short wheelbase, large bodied SUV might be viable for our needs.

Last edited by bunka; 09-28-14 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-28-14, 12:43 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I'm not sure that wheelbase figures are a big priority with mainstream car/CUV buyers. If they were you'd see manufacturers touting any advantage in this area in their ads. Buyers seem to be looking for other practical attributes.

I don't know that it's just Lexus who is assigning who their competition is, although they indicated vehicles like the Q5 and X3 were their target. Most professional reviews seem to share the thought that Q5, X3, GL, RDX, MKC etc. are the competition.

I agree there is a lot of gray area these days when discussing these things, but in the end, as with all consumer products, buyers/lessees will make the final decision.
Old 10-11-14, 07:14 PM
Torqueless
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know when this car is to be released in CA? The current lease on my rx is ending and seriously considering this vehicle
Old 10-11-14, 09:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Torqueless
Anyone know when this car is to be released in CA? The current lease on my rx is ending and seriously considering this vehicle
End of November/first week of December.

If you want to own one then, go to your local Lexus dealer and put in a pre-order (if not already too late) or you may need to wait to early next year.
Old 10-11-14, 09:51 PM
Torqueless
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

End of November/first week of December.

If you want to own one then, go to your local Lexus dealer and put in a pre-order (if not already too late) or you may need to wait to early next year.

Thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: Anyone making reservations?