NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone making reservations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 06:37 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
So we officially firmed up the model, color, and package yesterday with my sales rep so he can put in the order as soon as Lexus opens the flood gates. NX 200t F-Sport - Obsidian/Rioja Red, fully loaded (Series 2) package Includes NAV, Heads-Up Display, Adaptive Variable Suspension, Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Blind-Sport Monitoring, Rear-Cross Traffic Alert, Park Assist, Premium Sound, Backup Cam, among others. We're very excited to own this vehicle for its aggressive looks and "right-sized" dimensions, but we will miss our trusty RX when we trade it in. Video Link: http://youtu.be/OpSeoxdsh28
I see. It is good to settle with the right color combo.

Is it confirmed for Canadian spec NX, no power gate and no memory seats?
Old 08-06-14, 07:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL

Is it confirmed for Canadian spec NX, no power gate and no memory seats?
Not yet, but we're assuming the packages/specs listed are accurate (as a worst case) and went ahead anyway.
Old 08-08-14, 04:03 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

This just in, Lexus USA is anticipating 3000 units to be sold in 2014.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8661471-post1908.html

This is not a huge number which I suspect is due to limited production constraints meeting other market launches. And when you factor in when pricing will be available (i.e. September/October-ish), you can bet orders will come in aggressively then which means 3000 units can easily be snatched up in just one month.

Bottom line, If Lexus can ramp up production to meet an increased demand, great. But if the US is like Canada where allocations are limited in 2014, you need to consider if you WANT the NX this year and be among the first to own one. And if so put a deposit to reserve one now even if pricing is not available. You can always bail at the time of firming up the pricing when it is available (at least with my dealer in Canada) if pricing does not line up with expectations. Of course, read the fine print and check with your dealer.

Consider a possible worst case scenario:

- There will only be 3000 units available for 2014.
- They are pre-sold by October 31 (or sooner) for delivery end of November/December.
- Purchases that follow, say in November, will only be delivered earliest January.
- Purchases in December will only be delivered earliest February, and so on until it levels off (~guesstimating March/April) where demand can be mostly met without waiting unless someone special orders a specific model/color/options.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-08-14 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-11-14, 02:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I got an email directly from the GM of my dealer today that the (limited) NX allocations order has been put in and that mine is the first one in. Having reserved back in April and maintaining a solid relationship with my sales rep (and most dealer/service staff) over the years has helped.

No word yet on when it will arrive but from past Lexus orders, I'm looking at about 3 months but I'm pretty sure I will still have to wait for the official release date even if the NX were to arrive earlier at the dealer. I'll post updates as I have info.
Old 08-31-14, 06:54 PM
Mulan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pre-ordered an NX200t last week. My dealer said the 50 first pre-orders were sold out, so I didn't get any pre-order incentives but a few accessories at $2000 instead. I really hope it will be delivered by December though. By the way, could anyone tell me what the Kaizen Advantage package includes exactly?
Old 09-01-14, 05:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Mulan
I just pre-ordered an NX200t last week. My dealer said the 50 first pre-orders were sold out, so I didn't get any pre-order incentives but a few accessories at $2000 instead. I really hope it will be delivered by December though. By the way, could anyone tell me what the Kaizen Advantage package includes exactly?
Congrats! What accessories for 2K did you get?

Never heard of "Kaizen Advantage" and searching it I found:

"Price listed is Lexus Complete Pricing which includes Freight, PDI, Block Heater, AC Tax and Tire Tax (Kaizen Advantage)"

Seems like nothing more than a fancy name for a final out-the-door price or another name for the Tire Tax...
Old 09-01-14, 07:51 PM
Mulan
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! What accessories for 2K did you get?

Never heard of "Kaizen Advantage" and searching it I found:

"Price listed is Lexus Complete Pricing which includes Freight, PDI, Block Heater, AC Tax and Tire Tax (Kaizen Advantage)"

Seems like nothing more than a fancy name for a final out-the-door price or another name for the Tire Tax...
Thank you CorradoMR2! I got Remote Starter + 3M Paint Protection Film (approximately 1K each)...

Thanks for searching about the fancy name I guess it only applies to some provinces then since all Lexus vehicles come equipped with Block Heater in my province - Alberta.
Old 09-05-14, 03:21 PM
swoo350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mulan
Thank you CorradoMR2! I got Remote Starter + 3M Paint Protection Film (approximately 1K each)...

Thanks for searching about the fancy name I guess it only applies to some provinces then since all Lexus vehicles come equipped with Block Heater in my province - Alberta.
Which dealership did you go to if you don't mind me asking.
Old 09-10-14, 11:58 PM
Mulan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swoo350
Which dealership did you go to if you don't mind me asking.
Sorry I just noticed your message now. I went to Lexus of Edmonton. Can't wait for the preview event on the coming Monday...

Last edited by Mulan; 09-11-14 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-17-14, 01:11 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DPK
... I am no longer super excited about it. I will wait for the mpg rating before making a decision. I will buy at 35 mpg combined and pass at 34 mpg combined and keep driving the ESh. Also, it must not require premium fuel for me to purchase.
You are probably going to pass on it if you base it off those fuel requirements. Lexus themselves project HWY @ 35 and combined @ 31MPG & MFG projections are typically more optimistic than regulators. If you recognize that this engine/motor combo is the same as on the ES300h, it should be obvious that the NX300h will have NO CHANCE at getting the same numbers as the smaller, lighter, more streamlined ES
Old 09-24-14, 01:10 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rayaans
Spoke to the dealer regarding the NX300h F Sport.

Apparently, the only wheel option here is the two tone polished wheel at launch for the F Sport. The other wheel may be an option later on. Same with the Mark Levinson system and HUD, he has no idea whether it will be an option in the UK at all which is a real shame to be honest. Will possibly have to wait it out.

I specified a Sonic White NX300h F Sport with Premium Nav + Remote touch, Adaptive suspension and Dark Rose interior + sunroof. It had a list price of £41,386 by the time I was finished.

Already managed to get it down to £37,258. Appears that they aren't exactly selling very many here yet at all. Literally took 5 minutes in the dealer to hit that price, Id be surprised what I could manage if I went in for an hour!

TBF £37k seems like a bargain compared to my RX which I paid £49k after a 10% discount.
Interesting but also troubling at the same time. If conversion rates are applied, you are still paying over $47K USD equivalent which means that everyone who was guessing anything less than a $37K USD base MSRP (highest possible option on that poll...LOL) are "out of their mind" as it looks like the MSRP may well be over $40K.

How does the pre-order work? Do you get to tell them what colors and options you want, then put $1K down waiting for the formal pricing. Then if pricing or availability is limted and/or restricted do you get that $1K deposit back from the dealership? Since the prices aren't out, the configurator is also likely not out as well so ...would you be able to change the configuration you want to order days AFTER You placed the pre-order but BEFORE they actually order it? Waiting is NOT an issue as the wife would simply drive her current '05 HiHy until the NX came in and then we would sell our '06 to a private party prior to delivery of the NX. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this type of process.

Is there an overseas delivery program for Lexus like there is for the German manufacturers? My son is a Japanese fanatic and has been taking Japanese language since he was 14. I would LOVE to pair a Japanese delivery program with his love of that countries culture.
Old 09-24-14, 06:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by bunka
Interesting but also troubling at the same time. If conversion rates are applied, you are still paying over $47K USD equivalent which means that everyone who was guessing anything less than a $37K USD base MSRP (highest possible option on that poll...LOL) are "out of their mind" as it looks like the MSRP may well be over $40K.
you are not paying UK car prices in the US. MSRP with delivery should be around 37k.
Old 09-24-14, 07:18 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
you are not paying UK car prices in the US. MSRP with delivery should be around 37k.
Point recognized but my focus is on the HYBRID version so this may not be my thread to cover those points

Last edited by bunka; 09-24-14 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-24-14, 07:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ I bet spwolf was referring to a 200t as the base model with a 37K starting price with destination. I agree with that.

As for the 300h, I agree with you around 41-42K starting and I'd go up to about 52-53K loaded.

In Canada the 300h is only in one trim level "Executive" top of the line which I'm guesstimating it will be in the high 50s.

We should know soon enough in the upcoming weeks, to put all this (fun) speculation to rest!
Old 09-24-14, 07:47 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

^^^ I bet spwolf was referring to a 200t as the base model with a 37K starting price with destination. I agree with that.

As for the 300h, I agree with you around 41-42K starting and I'd go up to about 52-53K loaded.

In Canada the 300h is only in one trim level "Executive" top of the line which I'm guesstimating it will be in the high 50s.

We should know soon enough in the upcoming weeks, to put all this (fun) speculation to rest!
yeah, 300h is unknown value right now in the US... I suspect it will be "a lot" more expensive than 200t if Lexus only expects 10% of buyers to get it in the USA.

Quick Reply: Anyone making reservations?