NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone making reservations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 06:23 PM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone making reservations?

Hello guys, I know it is a little bit premature but I'm wondering if someone is making a deposit and for how much and if there is any discount, thanks in advance
Old 04-23-14, 06:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Yes, I did. $1K down 2 weeks ago. Forget any discount since we don't even know MSRP, let alone invoice price but as a 5-time repeat buyer from the same dealer/sales rep, I will be getting a small rebate when we finalize the contract months from now. I jumped on it because the situation in Canada is such that dealers are only getting a handful each in 2014 and I absolutely want one by November when my RX lease comes up. My particular dealer is one of the larger ones and only getting 6. There are 37 dealers in Canada so doing the math, only about 200 will be available in 2014.

Not sure if the US will have a limited supply so curious if someone can post this.
Old 04-24-14, 04:36 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I might wait until the following model year. My RX will be fully paid off this December and I should keep it for a while after that before replacing it. But the NX is definitely on my radar now for a future vehicle.
Old 04-24-14, 08:09 AM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been ready to make a NXh reservation for months, but upon finding out that Mark Levinson is not available on US models, my enthusiasm has been severely dampened. My biggest problem with my 2013 ESh is that the Lexus Premium Sound (non-ML) sounds considerably worse than my 2008 Accord EX-L stereo, and that Accord stereo sounds a bit worse than the stereo on my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix base model with no options. The terrestrial FM on the ESh is almost unlistenable and ranks just above the stereo on my 1995 Mitsubishi Galant (worst stereo of the 14 new cars I have owned).

I will probably still buy the NXh and hope for the best since it will have 10 speakers as opposed to 8 on the ESh, but I am no longer super excited about it. I will wait for the mpg rating before making a decision. I will buy at 35 mpg combined and pass at 34 mpg combined and keep driving the ESh. Also, it must not require premium fuel for me to purchase.

Last edited by DPK; 04-24-14 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-24-14, 10:39 AM
Dreamlab
Rookie

I like the look of the NX, but I would never buy a car without driving it. I have an older BMW 330 and want something that handles some what sporty.

But I will NOT buy one (Reading this Lexus?) if the Mark Levinson stereo is not available, maybe they will wise up and put it in the 2016 models. My 2002 330 has a 12-speaker Harmon-Kardon stereo that sounds pretty awesome!
Old 04-24-14, 10:48 AM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Yes, Lexus, are you reading this? Something tells me that someone in your marketing reads through Club Lexus. Is there any luxury SUV that does not have a "designer" high-end audio system as an available option? Don't all the BMW, MB, Audi and Cadillac SUVs have something enticing in the audio department? I get that you want to keep the fully loaded price under the competition, but come on! Doesn't that cheapen the brand? What incentive is there to not offer this option in the US while offering it in Asia and Europe? I read through the whole ML Clari-Fi press release (google lexus nx clari-fi) and was like a kid opening my Christmas presents, and then I got to the part about Asia and Europe and it was like opening that first Christmas gift and finding a rock. I know you did the same with the CT, but why?

Last edited by DPK; 04-24-14 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-25-14, 01:56 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Originally Posted by DPK
Yes, Lexus, are you reading this? Something tells me that someone in your marketing reads through Club Lexus. Is there any luxury SUV that does not have a "designer" high-end audio system as an available option? Don't all the BMW, MB, Audi and Cadillac SUVs have something enticing in the audio department? I get that you want to keep the fully loaded price under the competition, but come on! Doesn't that cheapen the brand? What incentive is there to not offer this option in the US while offering it in Asia and Europe? I read through the whole ML Clari-Fi press release (google lexus nx clari-fi) and was like a kid opening my Christmas presents, and then I got to the part about Asia and Europe and it was like opening that first Christmas gift and finding a rock. I know you did the same with the CT, but why?
I encourage anyone who strongly wants the ML stereo available in the USA, go to the Lexus site and CONTACT them and tell them so (I just did and will post any response I get from them here)...
Old 04-25-14, 06:21 PM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

I was offered a $500 discount over msrp if I make a deposit of $1000 and money us refundable, what do u think? Honestly i think this compact SUV won't sell like the RX because the competition is fierce and the segment, this car is better suit for EU market
Old 04-26-14, 04:43 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfizer
I was offered a $500 discount over msrp if I make a deposit of $1000 and money us refundable, what do u think? Honestly i think this compact SUV won't sell like the RX because the competition is fierce and the segment, this car is better suit for EU market
That's a fair discount considering it's a brand new vehicle. I don't believe anyone is predicting the NX to beat the 100K sales of the RX but hitting 35-40K in sales in 2015 is very do-able. N. Americans do love their SUVs and thankfully the NX's size (and guesstimated price) is right there with the RDX, Q5, and X3 which are good sellers.
Old 04-27-14, 09:24 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you mean to say 500 under MSRP?

I spoke to my Lexus dealer Friday and they will take a deposit but the sales person suggested I wait until more NX details come out.
Old 04-28-14, 08:02 AM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
I encourage anyone who strongly wants the ML stereo available in the USA, go to the Lexus site and CONTACT them and tell them so (I just did and will post any response I get from them here)...
I just contacted them as well. Probably way too late in the game to make a difference, but it can't hurt.

As far as I can tell, this vehicle has no audio options. Every NX will have exactly the same audio. Unbelievable.

Last edited by DPK; 04-28-14 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-28-14, 08:39 AM
pamiboy
Driver School Candidate

I'm on the lookout for a small premium SUV for my wife. I really like the looks of this SUV and think it may be worth it. But I'm also considering others in the same range, RDX, Q5, Lincoln MKC and so forth. I think there will be too much of a wait for NX though.
Old 04-28-14, 05:32 PM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

Yes $500 under msrp but I don't know yet if this is a good deal I haven't call any other dealer
Old 04-28-14, 06:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by DPK
I just contacted them as well. Probably way too late in the game to make a difference, but it can't hurt.

As far as I can tell, this vehicle has no audio options. Every NX will have exactly the same audio. Unbelievable.
i wouldnt be too worried about audio - all new Lexi have really good premium audio - for instance, IS gets 8 speaker premium audio with 293 watts and NX gets 10 premium audio speaker system.
Old 04-28-14, 07:47 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes $500 under msrp but I don't know yet if this is a good deal I haven't call any other dealer
I think the NX from all that I've read on it is going to be very popular. It seems every day I can read something new on it and all it's innovations. They may be able to sell them initially at MSRP so I think your $500 under is a good bet.

Quick Reply: Anyone making reservations?