NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone making reservations?

Old 04-29-14, 07:32 AM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything under MSRP is a good deal until the point where units are arriving that are not spoken for already.
Old 04-29-14, 01:37 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Sorry for posting this in two different NX Forums, but as it was being discussed in both I went ahead:

GREAT NEWS FOR USA BUYERS:

I contacted Lexus directly the other day and inquired specifically about the ML Stereo option being available in the US and this was my reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

I am happy to inform you that Mark Levinson Audio will be an available option for the NX. You may subscribe to receive updates on upcoming vehicles as they become available at https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/ssl/models/signup.do.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
Sean McLaughlin
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Old 04-29-14, 02:04 PM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
Sorry for posting this in two different NX Forums, but as it was being discussed in both I went ahead:

GREAT NEWS FOR USA BUYERS:

I contacted Lexus directly the other day and inquired specifically about the ML Stereo option being available in the US and this was my reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

I am happy to inform you that Mark Levinson Audio will be an available option for the NX. You may subscribe to receive updates on upcoming vehicles as they become available at https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/ssl/models/signup.do.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
Sean McLaughlin
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Best news I've heard all day! Now, the only obstacle is the MPG for the fwd hybrid. If it's 34 or higher combined (and uses regular fuel), then count me in!

Last edited by DPK; 04-30-14 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-20-14, 08:49 PM
dmg350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
I like the look of the NX, but I would never buy a car without driving it. I have an older BMW 330 and want something that handles some what sporty.

But I will NOT buy one (Reading this Lexus?) if the Mark Levinson stereo is not available, maybe they will wise up and put it in the 2016 models. My 2002 330 has a 12-speaker Harmon-Kardon stereo that sounds pretty awesome!
I want to see RX & NX side-by-side spec's, eg height, length, interior, etc
Old 05-29-14, 04:01 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Just curious. By some picture uploaded it seems the NX is at car dealers already. Does Lexus prevent car dealers form selling these cars until they say so? Also if they are already on the lot why is it still a future vehicle on lexus.com. Just curious.
Old 05-29-14, 08:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by satnav
Just curious. By some picture uploaded it seems the NX is at car dealers already. Does Lexus prevent car dealers form selling these cars until they say so? Also if they are already on the lot why is it still a future vehicle on lexus.com. Just curious.
It's just one or two pre-production models being showcased for a brief time at certain dealers.
Old 05-29-14, 08:57 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yes, I did. $1K down 2 weeks ago. Forget any discount since we don't even know MSRP, let alone invoice price but as a 5-time repeat buyer from the same dealer/sales rep, I will be getting a small rebate when we finalize the contract months from now. I jumped on it because the situation in Canada is such that dealers are only getting a handful each in 2014 and I absolutely want one by November when my RX lease comes up. My particular dealer is one of the larger ones and only getting 6. There are 37 dealers in Canada so doing the math, only about 200 will be available in 2014.

Not sure if the US will have a limited supply so curious if someone can post this.
Don Valley is your dealer?
Old 05-30-14, 07:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dat dude
Don Valley is your dealer?
Erin Park.
Old 07-02-14, 06:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default NX has attracted more pre-launch interest than any other Lexus

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/pres...ve-lexus-44516

The all-new NX has already attracted more pre-release orders than any other Lexus, despite being five months ahead of its Australian launch in late October.

That has led Lexus to state publicly that the new mid-size SUV will be one of its top-three sellers; alongside the IS medium sedan and RX large SUV.

Privately, however, Lexus Australia CEO Sean Hanley believes the NX has what it takes to overtake both the IS and the larger RX as the brand's top-seller in SUV-mad Australia – and to lead the Japanese luxury brand into a new sales era.

"NX has attracted more pre-launch interest than any other Lexus," Hanley told motoring.com.au at this week's Whistler (Canada) launch of the new compact luxury SUV.

"It will be the first step in Lexus going to the next level and I personally don't see why it won't become our biggest [selling] model."

The NX goes on sale here around the same time Lexus holds the international launch of its all-new mid-size coupe, the RC, which arrives here early next year.

"We've got some fantastic sports cars coming," said Hanley.

To support the rapid expansion in models and sales, Lexus Australia will add another four dealerships within the next 12 months, bringing their number to 17 in the short-term.

But while the NX marks a new growth phase for Lexus, its sales won't all be incremental.

"Inevitably we'll lose some RX customers to NX," admits Hanley.

Specifically, Lexus expects the NX to eat into sales of the larger, entry-level RX 270, which could eventually be axed as a result.

Priced from about $69,000 ($8000 less than the previous entry-level RX 350), the RX 270 was introduced last year as the first front-wheel drive, four-cylinder, sub-$70,000 RX.

It was added to the RX range in the absence of a direct Lexus rival for smaller luxury SUVs including the Audi Q5 (from $62,600), which is one of Australia's most popular premium SUVs.

"I think there will be some leakage of RX sales, particularly the RX 270, which was brought in to fill a gap," Hanley stated.

"But the NX will bring a sales increase for us. We'll just have to have a close look and see how it [the RX 270] goes."

While Lexus has ruled out a smaller SUV in the short-term, the NX will compete with both compact SUVs like the Audi Q3 and BMW X1 (both priced from the $40,000s), as well as mid-sizers like the $60,000-plus Q5 and X3.

In this respect the NX is following its bigger stablemate's lead –the RX straddles both the Q5/X3 and Q7/X5 segments in terms of size and price.

The NX arrives first in 300h hybrid form before being joined by the NX 200t – the first turbocharged petrol model from Lexus – in the first quarter of 2015.

Both NX models will be available in front-wheel drive and AWD form, as well as three equipment grades, and both are expected to be priced from under $60,000.

The new IS sedan was Lexus' top-selling model last year with 2843 sales, followed by the RX (2188), the CT 200h hatch (847), large GS sedan (494), large ES sedan (187), large LX SUV (153) and the LS limousine (73).

So far this year sales of all Lexus models are down, except for the IS, which has posted a 19 per cent sales spike.

But with the IS notching up almost 1200 sales (400 more than the next best selling model, the RX) and the reintroduced ES sedan finding 285 homes, sales were up 5.5 per cent to May this year.
Old 07-07-14, 09:32 AM
Lexuspa3
Driver School Candidate

Default Reservations in USA

New to the forum and enjoying all the insights. Has anybody been able to pre-order or make a reservation in the USA? Can't wait to get my order placed.
Old 07-07-14, 01:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Lexuspa3
New to the forum and enjoying all the insights. Has anybody been able to pre-order or make a reservation in the USA? Can't wait to get my order placed.

Since pricing/packaging is not out yet, you won't be able to pre-order an exact configuration you want. However, reach out to your local Lexus dealer to put a deposit on one to reserve one if you want to be among the first to get one.
Old 07-07-14, 10:34 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Since pricing/packaging is not out yet, you won't be able to pre-order an exact configuration you want. However, reach out to your local Lexus dealer to put a deposit on one to reserve one if you want to be among the first to get one.
I still think that the ordering sheet for the dealership is already available ---at least the one for the Canadian market. As I recall, the ordering sheet which shows different packages for the 2014 IS was already available as early as in January 2013 where the IS was available in July 2013.
Old 07-08-14, 04:12 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Spoke to the dealer regarding the NX300h F Sport.

Apparently, the only wheel option here is the two tone polished wheel at launch for the F Sport. The other wheel may be an option later on. Same with the Mark Levinson system and HUD, he has no idea whether it will be an option in the UK at all which is a real shame to be honest. Will possibly have to wait it out.

I specified a Sonic White NX300h F Sport with Premium Nav + Remote touch, Adaptive suspension and Dark Rose interior + sunroof. It had a list price of £41,386 by the time I was finished.

Already managed to get it down to £37,258. Appears that they aren't exactly selling very many here yet at all. Literally took 5 minutes in the dealer to hit that price, Id be surprised what I could manage if I went in for an hour!

TBF £37k seems like a bargain compared to my RX which I paid £49k after a 10% discount.

Last edited by rayaans; 07-08-14 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-08-14, 10:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Wow, surprising to see such a price reduction.

I am expecting to pay full price here in Canada, but expecting to get a good deal when returning my lease before lease end since my RX will be several thousand KMs below the amount allotted for the lease.

@AndyL: Yes, it's possible the ordering sheet at the dealer is now available now that packaging details have trickled in from the automotive reviews.
Old 08-06-14, 05:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Smile Firmed up Order

So we officially firmed up the model, color, and package yesterday with my sales rep so he can put in the order as soon as Lexus opens the flood gates.

NX 200t F-Sport - Obsidian/Rioja Red, fully loaded (Series 2) package

Includes NAV, Heads-Up Display, Adaptive Variable Suspension, Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Blind-Sport Monitoring, Rear-Cross Traffic Alert, Park Assist, Premium Sound, Backup Cam, among others.

We're very excited to own this vehicle for its aggressive looks and "right-sized" dimensions, but we will miss our trusty RX when we trade it in.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-06-14 at 05:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone making reservations?