NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 07:55 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Back seat looks kind of tight and primitive. Arm rest high and lacking the refinement of the RX. Original RX was more roomy even though I never sit there.
That pic above has the front seats pretty much all the way back. The NX is just 0.4 inch shy of the current RX in legroom which is (very) roomy. This one shows a better representation of the roominess back there, and of course, we must put this into perspective it's a compact SUV, not midsized.

Old 07-06-14, 05:03 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Back seat looks kind of tight and primitive. Arm rest high and lacking the refinement of the RX. Original RX was more roomy even though I never sit there.
The seat seems to be quite far back. In my RX I drive with my seat in line with the B pillar and im 6 ft 1 so it may just be an illusion. It definitely looks about the same size as the Q5 though in terms of rear space.

I cant personally decide whether to wait for the new RX or get an NX. The NX is nice but I feel as if its a touch too small and im guessing the new RX is going to be a masterpiece. The NX's interior seems a bit too unfinished, cant seem to get on with the masses of space in the centre console and the screen which isn't in the dash like the RX
Old 07-06-14, 06:58 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
The seat seems to be quite far back. In my RX I drive with my seat in line with the B pillar and im 6 ft 1 so it may just be an illusion. It definitely looks about the same size as the Q5 though in terms of rear space.

I cant personally decide whether to wait for the new RX or get an NX. The NX is nice but I feel as if its a touch too small and im guessing the new RX is going to be a masterpiece. The NX's interior seems a bit too unfinished, cant seem to get on with the masses of space in the centre console and the screen which isn't in the dash like the RX
I share your concerns about the NX's size and feeling a but too unfinished. I'm worried it will feel not quite luxury enough.

I would say the chance of the RX having a Nav screen out of the dash is decent ... Seems to be the trend in the industry. I do agree I think the new RX will hit the sweet spot for most ... Likely will be larger and less down the middle due to needing to appeal to a "younger" demographic.
Old 07-06-14, 08:14 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I share your concerns about the NX's size and feeling a but too unfinished. I'm worried it will feel not quite luxury enough.

I would say the chance of the RX having a Nav screen out of the dash is decent ... Seems to be the trend in the industry. I do agree I think the new RX will hit the sweet spot for most ... Likely will be larger and less down the middle due to needing to appeal to a "younger" demographic.
Im not entirely sure on the Nav screen because the new IS and RC have an integrated Nav screen and they are relatively new. I hope the new RX gets the 12 inch screen from the GS!
Old 07-06-14, 08:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Im not entirely sure on the Nav screen because the new IS and RC have an integrated Nav screen and they are relatively new. I hope the new RX gets the 12 inch screen from the GS!
RX will likely get similar treatmeant to NX, it is latest design afterall... Also, Rav4 is very spacious in the back (more so than Q5) and IMHO NX interior design is way superior to RX. I never could get myself to get RX because I never felt it was as luxurious as Lexus RWD offerings... on the other side, NX is really well done so far.
Old 07-06-14, 09:06 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Did you really just call a back seat primitive?
Old 07-06-14, 09:08 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
RX will likely get similar treatmeant to NX, it is latest design afterall... Also, Rav4 is very spacious in the back (more so than Q5) and IMHO NX interior design is way superior to RX. I never could get myself to get RX because I never felt it was as luxurious as Lexus RWD offerings... on the other side, NX is really well done so far.
qft

I think what gets me most is those little 'Lexus' engraved buttons on the leather/NuLuxe along the side of the center console. Details
Old 07-06-14, 11:26 PM
Nights
Pole Position

I'm not quite sure about what you mean with the NX interior. It actually looks more luxurious to me as it clearly has more soft touch surfaces and actual metal rather than moulded plastic in the RX. We love our RX450h, but to me the NX has a nicer interior, at least in pictures.

I'll be very interested in having a look once it arrives in showrooms.
Old 07-07-14, 03:36 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nights
I'm not quite sure about what you mean with the NX interior. It actually looks more luxurious to me as it clearly has more soft touch surfaces and actual metal rather than moulded plastic in the RX. We love our RX450h, but to me the NX has a nicer interior, at least in pictures.

I'll be very interested in having a look once it arrives in showrooms.
There seems to be too much space near the CD slot. It doesn't look too well integrated altogether from what I can see from the pictures. No cupholder by the steering wheel which was in the perfect place, the armrest in the back is too high and most likely, uncomfortable to rest a hand on. There's also a pull type cord under the remote touchpad to open the sunglasses holder. It really should have been a button. There is also no HUD or ML option here in the UK for the F Sport?!?!

Obviously the NX is going to have a more recent design inside because technically the interior of the NX is 5 years newer.

I still think the updated RX when it comes out will kick ***! BUT that depends on when it comes out and obviously, im still going to see the NX in person next year in March when the 200t lands!

Last edited by rayaans; 07-07-14 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-07-14, 06:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ I can see rayaans point of view on questioning some of the details. For me, as an RX owner, I like the current RX dash but in pics, the NX's has more going on in a positive way making the RX dash look plain in comparison. Of course, this is 5 years later and an unfair comparison to the RX. I can see how the different textures, materials, colors/finishes, and switchgear, do appeal to me, but not to some as it may look busy.
Old 07-07-14, 08:08 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ I can see rayaans point of view on questioning some of the details. For me, as an RX owner, I like the current RX dash but in pics, the NX's has more going on in a positive way making the RX dash look plain in comparison. Of course, this is 5 years later and an unfair comparison to the RX. I can see how the different textures, materials, colors/finishes, and switchgear, do appeal to me, but not to some as it may look busy.
I cant get over the rear styling either. It seems too "minivan" like.

The car reminds me of a Kia Sportage :
Old 07-10-14, 03:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Technically not pics, but a video of rare Obsidian. Looks menacing to say the least. Possibly my favorite color on the NX F-Sport as all the black trim integrates really well.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-27-14 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-10-14, 03:24 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Technically not pics, but a video of rare Obsidian. Looks menacing to say the least. Possibly my favorite color on the NX F-Sport as all the black trim integrates really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=879Ecln3I30
It does look great in black ... Especially the front in F Sport trim. However it seems to me the lighter colors show the creases and angles off better. I'm leaning toward Atomic Silver or whatever the white is called in the states. Small chance of silver lining.
Old 07-10-14, 03:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ The white is called Eminent White (or Sonic Quartz):

Also, want to show the three "grays" which can sometime be confused among each other. So hopefully this clears this up. Note that the lighting/angle also changes colors a bit, but hopefully one "gets the picture".

Atomic Silver is this - has a hint of beige:

And showing Silver Lining Metallic as it's close, but is pure silver:

And showing Nebula Gray Pearl (darker) to show the distinction:

Old 07-10-14, 04:13 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

I checked out Atomic Silver on an IS in person and really liked it for the most part but am concerned by the hint of beige/gold that especially seems to show later in the day. Decisions, decisions ...

Quick Reply: Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread