NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 11:00 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
AndyL, Thanks for the PICS! Finally we get to get a view of a black NX!
No problem. Also it is good to see more pictures with red NX in indoor showroom environment.
Old 06-04-14, 11:53 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Those cables are to hold the luggage cover/tonneau cover. For similar setup, you can take a look at cars like RAV4 and even Yaris. Actually it is quite common for a lot of hatchbacks on the road.

This is a different luggage cover setup than the current RX where there is a metal bar with retractable cover which is more luxurious and refined. The metal bar in RX also seems to be a stabilizer bar as well. The flexible vinyl cover is also required to accommodate the expandability of the trunk space (by moving the back seats forward) in RX.

For NX, maybe it is not necessary as far as stabilizer bar is concerned. Also I doubt the back seat can be moved forward to increase the trunk space. So overall, Lexus changes the luggage cover design for simplicity.
hm, i doubt that very much... these cheap retractable covers have been on many of their cheap MPV's and people hate them because they are flimsy and provide bad NVH. Also, is the RX one removable? If so, it cant be stabilizator bar. Proper trunk cover is much, much better solution and actually more expensive one.

Also, Rav4 has retractable cover for last 2 generations, it is pretty crappy. Looking over RX shots, it has similar cheapo removable cargo cover.
Old 06-04-14, 12:44 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

To my surprise as well --- the single lens is still a LED but for the low beam only -- as per the information available from the blogs in Japan as well as some literature from Lexus UK or Lexus Australia which I couldn't remember.

Remember low-beam LED headlamp with high-beam halogen lamp combo is already a standard in 2014 Toyota Corolla (at least in North America)
Halogen high beam with LED low beam will most likely leave the high beam close to useless.Halogen has really poor light.
Old 06-04-14, 01:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jhs82
Halogen high beam with LED low beam will most likely leave the high beam close to useless.Halogen has really poor light.
halogen high beams are fine... low beams suck though.
Old 06-04-14, 04:29 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Another set of very good pictures from Minkara. Thanks Kuma@F11 San (くま@F11 さん). https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid...blog/33277911/ Still the red RHD NX prototype but lots of very detailed pictures that reveal details not seen before including underbody, HUD and Mark Levinson. Again, this is the display from Midland Plaza Lexus Gallery in the city of Nagoya starting on Jun 4 for a limited number of days. Samples as follows:
Attached Thumbnails Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-1198868407.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-2165873321.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-2758551615.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-2672953221.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-4084958844.jpg  

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-4021118603.jpg  

Last edited by AndyL; 06-04-14 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-04-14, 06:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ Awesome AndyL. Love the details. Not sure if MRM is my favorite color on the NX, but from the front end, wow, looks very sporty and aggressive.

Also, nice to see this new seating color-combo where there are only some red highlights. I wonder how this seating color is called and which exterior color it's availble with.

Old 06-04-14, 06:40 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I like that red seat trim over the other red interior.
Old 06-04-14, 06:42 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ Awesome AndyL. Love the details. Not sure if MRM is my favorite color on the NX, but from the front end, wow, looks very sporty and aggressive. Also, nice to see this new seating color-combo where there are only some red highlights. I wonder how this seating color is called and which exterior color it's availble with.
Yes. I also noticed this color combo for the seating. So far in the other pictures, there are more sections of the seats which are in red. As time goes by, this mystery should be unveiled.
Old 06-04-14, 07:19 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Still more pictures from Lexus Gallery - Midland Square in Nagoya ... from Minkara Carview, with courtesy of Renoba san.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...blog/33274556/

Despite similarity in the shots, this user was actually sick while taking the photos and you can see his skills are excellent!

Last edited by AndyL; 06-04-14 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-04-14, 07:33 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Is there a spare under there or will it be an option? For the SRX it's an $300 option.
Old 06-04-14, 08:48 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rogerh00

Is there a spare under there or will it be an option? For the SRX it's an $300 option.
Good question and I don't have the answer. However, the blogger Kuma@F11 (くま@F11) has commented that this underfloor area is quite deep.

It is quite possible without a spare tire if run-flat tires are available as an option.

Lexus Japan has run-flat tire option for certain tire size such as what they have offered for 2014 IS in Japan. It is then possible to have run-flat tires for NX as well --- needs to be verified though..
Old 06-05-14, 10:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Good question and I don't have the answer. However, the blogger Kuma@F11 (くま@F11) has commented that this underfloor area is quite deep.

It is quite possible without a spare tire if run-flat tires are available as an option.

Lexus Japan has run-flat tire option for certain tire size such as what they have offered for 2014 IS in Japan. It is then possible to have run-flat tires for NX as well --- needs to be verified though..
depends on the market most likely.... i dont think they will have run flats, just repair kit or spare tire, depending on how local Toyota distribution arm decides.
Old 06-05-14, 11:08 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I like that red seat trim over the other red interior.
yep, just enough red to make it perfect!
Old 06-05-14, 11:31 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Those cables are to hold the luggage cover/tonneau cover. For similar setup, you can take a look at cars like RAV4 and even Yaris. Actually it is quite common for a lot of hatchbacks on the road.

This is a different luggage cover setup than the current RX where there is a metal bar with retractable cover which is more luxurious and refined. The metal bar in RX also seems to be a stabilizer bar as well. The flexible vinyl cover is also required to accommodate the expandability of the trunk space (by moving the back seats forward) in RX.

For NX, maybe it is not necessary as far as stabilizer bar is concerned. Also I doubt the back seat can be moved forward to increase the trunk space. So overall, Lexus changes the luggage cover design for simplicity.
Andy L: Thanks. I thought it would be something like that.
Ray A.
Old 06-05-14, 11:34 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Still more pictures from Lexus Gallery - Midland Square in Nagoya ... from Minkara Carview, with courtesy of Renoba san.
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...blog/33274556/
Despite similarity in the shots, this user was actually sick while taking the photos and you can see his skills are excellent!
I like this set of pictures too. Very informative. Happy to see Matador Red Mica and the accurate color rendition. Hope it's available in the US/Canada.
Ray A.

Quick Reply: Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread