NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: What do you think the starting MSRP of the NX will be in the US and Canada?
US: less than 33K
9.68%
US: 33-35K
25.81%
US: 35-37K
38.71%
US: more than 37K
17.74%
CAN: less than 38K
1.61%
CAN: 38-40K
8.06%
CAN: 40-42K
6.45%
CAN: more than 42K
1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think the starting price of the NX will be?

Old 06-04-14, 01:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i feel they might have made up a lot of those numbers.. might be wrong... numbers do match Harrier for Hybrid version, but not turbo one.

It is almost impossible for 200t and 300h to have such similar weight, it makes no sense at all. 2WD Harrier 2.0l is 1560kg while loaded Harrier Hybrid is 1800kg. 1800kg in Harrier and 20kg more in NX300h makes a lot of sense.

But for 200t to be 200kg heavier than 2.0l in Harrier - it just doesnt make sense - numbers simply dont work.

Here are harrier specs:
http://toyota.jp/harrier/003_p_001/spec/spec/hybrid/

Harrier is "luxury" Rav4 version for Japan, thats more closely based on Rav4.

Assuming there is no misprint on the 50kg weight difference, my thoughts are as follows. The Turbo hardware and associated engine changes plus the possibility of AVS being standard on the F-Sport 200t, combined add to the extra 150kg weight, narrowing down the gap between the 300h and 200t to only 50kg.
Old 06-04-14, 01:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Assuming there is no misprint on the 50kg weight difference, my thoughts are as follows. The Turbo hardware and associated engine changes plus the possibility of AVS being standard on the F-Sport 200t, combined add to the extra 150kg weight, narrowing down the gap between the 300h and 200t to only 50kg.
nope, turbo does not amount to 150kg... turbo does not have batteries, 2 electric motors, power inverter, special cooling like hybrid, so you can not have turbo engine weight same as hybrid one.

AVS or any equipment is not it - base FWD NX is very base and not better equipped than Harrier and yet difference is up to 150kg.

Difference between base and loaded Harrier is 50kg, which is in line with other cars.

MPG numbers are also suspect compared to Harrier... if NX is only 20kg heavier than Harrier, then it is not going to have 10% worse fuel consumption for hybrid and even for Turbo - there is little chance that brand new turbo with atkinson cycle is going to be as "efficient" as IS250 F-Sport... and 2.0 Harrier is 25% more efficient than that, which also does not make much sense as JC08 test cycle is easy to game.

So all of it together dont really make sense.. if they did not give weight of Hybrid almost the same as Harrier then we could say that NX is a lot heavier... but obviously it is not.
Old 06-04-14, 02:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

well, numbers are plastered all over Japanese blogs, so they are likely correct... i wonder if NX is geared differently compared to Harrier then.

In any case, it seems we should not expect anything special from Turbo EPA ratings, it is on par with Q5 turbo. I expected it to be better, similar to maybe 2.0l engine... this way, with CO2 based taxes in Europe, NX300h is really only choice for most of us.
Old 06-06-14, 12:36 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Lincoln has prices for the MKC now on their website.
Base FWD with 2.0 liter, 240 hp turbo four is $33.100
Base AWD with 2.0 liter, 240 hp turbo four is $35,595
Base AWD with 2.3 liter, 285 hp turbo four is $39,695

The 2.3 has a lot more standard features included in the base price like leather interior. Loaded with NAV and panoramic sunroof it is around $45,000.

They apparently are not doing a hybrid for the MKC which I guess shouldn't be a surprise since they didn't offer one on the Escape. The 2.3 engine is rated at 305 ft lb of torque at about 2700 rpm. This should be a pretty fast CUV!

I see the MKC as a real competitor for the NX, particularly since they are both being released near the same time. Lexus will certainly command some premium in pricing, but it appears MKC will have a significant performance advantage.
Steve
Old 06-06-14, 01:02 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Good info on the MKC. I read a report a couple of days ago saying MKC's are "trickling" into dealerships now.

On styling alone, I think the NX and MKC will appeal to a different demographic. Let the comparison tests begin.
Old 06-19-14, 07:00 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

A speculative article about the NX 200t price. There's no more information than anyone here could have dug up on their own, but still worth a read. They're guesstimating most NX's will be in the $41k to $45k range. It also seems to expect official US pricing in late July.

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/break...nx200t-pricing

The mainstream motor press is wrong on the price of the 2015 NX 200t. We break it down and come up with an MSRP of $39,700 in its most popular configuration.

The new 2015 Lexus NX 200t compact premium crossover will arrive early winter in the US market. This new vehicle will do battle for buyers’ budgets with the Acura RDX and BMW X3. Given the market potential and Lexus’ success with premium crossovers, this vehicle could soon become Lexus’ third leading seller after the RX 350 and ES 350. One question that remains is what price levels the folks at Lexus will set for this important vehicle.

What You Have Read About the NX 200t Price Is Wrong
Multiple major auto publications are predicting that the Lexus NX 200t will “start near $30k.” We predict they are wrong. More importantly, we feel that a premium vehicle’s “starting at” price is basically meaningless. People do actually buy economy cars with practically no amenities. Shoppers of Lexus vehicles do not. They really can’t. Lexus ships its dealers cars that are then sold at a discount from the MSRP. A customer wishing to buy an RX or IS series Lexus vehicle without say, navigation and all-wheel drive, will find themselves fighting a losing battle. The cars on the lot will cost less than a special order model missing popular options.

Lexus NX 200t Needs to Fit Between RAV4 Limited and Lexus RX 350
To arrive at the Lexus NX 200t prices we need to look first at the Toyota RAV4. Lexus is not interested in selling its cars for less than the price of the closest Toyota product. Compared to a Toyota model, Lexus models have a longer warranty to price-in and much higher levels of service at the Lexus dealerships to support. The Lexus NX 200t cannot be priced the same as the best RAV4, which will share much of its unpainted parts. Also, the NX 200t cannot intrude on the incredibly successful Lexus RX 350. The RX 350 is Lexus top selling vehicle by a huge margin. Taking sales from that model to sell NX200ts is simply not going to happen.

The 2015 NX 200t Price Breakdown
We looked at the Toyota RAV4 AWD Limited and found it to be priced at $30,050 without its premium audio package. We then looked at the RX 350 with the popular package it usually comes equipped with. We found that it has an MSRP of $50,254. We predict the NX 200t AWD in its most popular trim with navigation and leather will have a base price of $39,700. We also predict an added technology package including some driver assist aids will be offered to bring that price up to $41,900. With the added F-Sport treatment and possibly a premium audio option, the NX200t AWD F-Sport will top out around $44,100. In areas where it does not snow Lexus may ship some NX 200ts with just front wheel drive. Figure a deduction of $1,900 for those models.

Below the BMW, Close to the Acura
At these prices Lexus will undercut BMW’s X3 with the “28i” engine, which is nearly identical in its specifications to the new Lexus. BMWs are harder to pinpoint prices for, but figure the Lexus undercuts a comparably equipped BMW by fully $5,000, or about 11%. The Acura RDX will be a much easier price comparison. Lexus will likely find its new NX 200t priced very close to the Acura RDX with the Acura Technology Package when similarly equipped. The F-Sport package for the NX 200t will cost more if buyers choose that.

We will soon know if this prediction is accurate. Lexus plans to introduce the NX 200t and NX 300h to the press in late July.
Old 06-20-14, 06:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ I'd say that's about right, agree with the assessment.
Old 06-23-14, 05:28 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they are high - not way high , just high. I'd say a couple grand here and there. RAV4's loaded on incentives are barely touching 30k.
That means the hybrid will touch close to 50k .......I don't see it. I'm always shocked at price points though. If they are that high I'll be cross shopping other makes much harder than usual.
Old 06-23-14, 12:59 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I liked their estimates, a 2-wd NX200T with F-Sport and the ML Stereo for a MSRP of around $42k would be awesome!

There was a link below the article about the NX engines that I found interesting, not sure if it was previously posted here, but in case it wasn't, here you go:
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/lexus....ElMGs64F.dpuf
Old 06-23-14, 03:26 PM
MiFu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^....based on the article posted, my hunch is that the 200t will require premium gas. I would agree with the article, as i'm coming from an 13 RX, and going back to premium gas for the NX would be a bummer. lol

If Lexus can tune it to use unleaded gas, that would be a huge advantage over the competitors who currently require premium gas.....something a potential buyer may find attractive to save a few $$$ a year as price of gas keeps going up.
Old 06-23-14, 05:42 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tom59
I think they are high - not way high , just high. I'd say a couple grand here and there. RAV4's loaded on incentives are barely touching 30k.
That means the hybrid will touch close to 50k .......I don't see it. I'm always shocked at price points though. If they are that high I'll be cross shopping other makes much harder than usual.
I can see thinking $50k might be a high estimate for a loaded hybrid, but considering the RX is around $60k loaded I think $50k or a bit higher is a good estimate for the loaded NX 300h. I priced out a diesel X3 with as similar equipment as possible and it was $58k and that's not including lane departure warning. Of course BMW is generally higher than Lexus price-wise.

We will be coming from a Ford C Max and are willing to give up some fuel economy for amenities, especially seat comfort. Also have had many Priuses so it is nice to have an AWD option with solid fuel economy. Will be curious to see official US economy ratings - I predict 35 city, 34 highway.
Old 06-23-14, 05:44 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MiFu
^^^....based on the article posted, my hunch is that the 200t will require premium gas. I would agree with the article, as i'm coming from an 13 RX, and going back to premium gas for the NX would be a bummer. lol

If Lexus can tune it to use unleaded gas, that would be a huge advantage over the competitors who currently require premium gas.....something a potential buyer may find attractive to save a few $$$ a year as price of gas keeps going up.
I believe foreign specs show 200t will require premium while the 300h will not.
Old 06-23-14, 05:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I can see thinking $50k might be a high estimate for a loaded hybrid, but considering the RX is around $60k loaded I think $50k or a bit higher is a good estimate for the loaded NX 300h. I priced out a diesel X3 with as similar equipment as possible and it was $58k and that's not including lane departure warning. Of course BMW is generally higher than Lexus price-wise.

Agree. To further support this, with the Lincoln MKC priced out at $36,700 base and topping out at $50K loaded, the NX will easily be that much similarly equipped (though hybrid).
Old 06-25-14, 01:35 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree. To further support this, with the Lincoln MKC priced out at $36,700 base and topping out at $50K loaded, the NX will easily be that much similarly equipped (though hybrid).

I'm not seeing 50k loaded but its possible. I'm not denying you are right just hoping you are not. I simply won't pay that much for one. Not a rav4 based suv they save thousands on each vehicle because 80% of its already built for them.

No other small SUV has that advantage I can think of...........

I'll be in a used RX Hybrid then. I've seen many of the 2013's low mileage for less than 50k. (loaded) I mean low mileage too.
In fact a couple right around 40k with less than 20k miles on them.
Old 06-25-14, 02:16 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

I am guessing a loaded 300h will be around $51-52K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think the starting price of the NX will be?