NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15, 09:26 PM
caruhgah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the proliferation of information on the web from various country sites of Lexus does not help clarity. That for sure is where some of my points of confusion have come from but thanks for helping to set the record straight!!
Old 04-04-15, 09:03 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Agree, lots of sources and can be confusing. To help, you've come to the right forum! As a new member, check out the FAQ thread on the main page to get started with a good host of info including the specs thread.
Old 04-08-15, 01:57 AM
SwedeNX
Driver School Candidate

Hi Got my NX300H the 11th of Mars. The order was in October last
I have a NX300H AWD Entry.
- Ultrasonic Blue 8U1
- Black fabric interior FA24
- 17" Wheels
- Trailer Coupling
- PDC(park distance control rear and front thats optional for the entry model)
- PCS/ACC(PreCollision system and automatic cruise control)
- Dark rear mirrors(Mounted from the dealer)

I have it as a company car. We have company rules saying that emmission had to be under 120g/km...you have to go for the entry version cause the business version with 18" wheels have 121g/km

Have been running almost 6000km so far and are really happy with it.

If you like to follow my consumption figures you have it in this link
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/672317.html
Will post pictures later on.
Old 04-08-15, 05:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by SwedeNX
Hi Got my NX300H the 11th of Mars. The order was in October last
I have a NX300H AWD Entry.
- Ultrasonic Blue 8U1
- Black fabric interior FA24
- 17" Wheels
- Trailer Coupling
- PDC(park distance control rear and front thats optional for the entry model)
- PCS/ACC(PreCollision system and automatic cruise control)
- Dark rear mirrors(Mounted from the dealer)

I have it as a company car. We have company rules saying that emmission had to be under 120g/km...you have to go for the entry version cause the business version with 18" wheels have 121g/km

Have been running almost 6000km so far and are really happy with it.

If you like to follow my consumption figures you have it in this link
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/672317.html
Will post pictures later on.

Congratulations on your new NX 300h! Looking forward to your pics and please include one of the interior fabric seats since it will be a treat for us N. Americas to see.
Old 04-19-15, 06:41 AM
denisp
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up New NX owner

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new NX please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model and package
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

and congratulations!
I traded my 2013 ML350 Bluetec for the NX "executive package" loaded with all available safety options.
Color: Black
Interior: Brown leather
So far I am very impressed with the NX interior finish and quality. The engine/transmission combo is also very impressive for its responsiveness and smoothness. The radar cruise control and lane departure safety features are smart and well integrated. As opposed to Mercedes, these features can easily be turned on/off. The HUD is also new for me and it is great.
Now the Voice recognition is a complete disaster! Not to mention the frustration of not having Enform in Canada.

I still have the original 1999 RX300 with 230,000Km.
Old 04-19-15, 07:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by denisp
I traded my 2013 ML350 Bluetec for the NX "executive package" loaded with all available safety options.
Color: Black
Interior: Brown leather
So far I am very impressed with the NX interior finish and quality. The engine/transmission combo is also very impressive for its responsiveness and smoothness. The radar cruise control and lane departure safety features are smart and well integrated. As opposed to Mercedes, these features can easily be turned on/off. The HUD is also new for me and it is great.
Now the Voice recognition is a complete disaster! Not to mention the frustration of not having Enform in Canada.

I still have the original 1999 RX300 with 230,000Km.
Congrats on your new NX. Wow, you went from an ML to an NX and you're praising the NX. It says a lot about how nicely made the NX is. love the first RX too!
Old 04-22-15, 11:02 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile and after Saturday, figured it was time to join.

We have been looking at the NX200 as a replacement vehicle for my wife. Her current ride is a 2003 Acura TL.

We test drove the NX on Saturday along with the Acura RDX. As much of an Acura fan we are, I must sadly admit there was no comparison. It was pretty obvious which was the winner in our minds, even though we could have gotten the RDX for about $10,000 cheaper. The fit and finish of the NX was top notch, the materials felt and looked superior and the ride/drive was impressive. The NX sold itself.

We then went to the Lincoln dealership where the salesmen were too busy chatting about their jock itch to help us. Only one salesperson approached us, this while he was busy with someone else, and apologized. Needless to say, we left and went back to the Lexus dealership and ordered an NX200t . Should be here in 4 to 6 weeks.

Nebula Grey, Black interior, with the Luxury package. We added a remote starter and 3M film on the hood, mirrors, etc.

We settled on the Nebula grey as we really didn't like the Atomic Silver. But we now find out the Silver Lining Metallic paint, that wasn't available in Canada, will be coming to Canada wtih the 2016 model year. Damn, not sure if we should go back to the dealer and change our order, and wait another 8 months, or stick with the Nebula.

Anyhow, thanks for all the info I was able to read prior to our car shopping.
Old 04-22-15, 01:18 PM
papa214
Rookie

Originally Posted by Drtbk4ever
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile and after Saturday, figured it was time to join.

We have been looking at the NX200 as a replacement vehicle for my wife. Her current ride is a 2003 Acura TL.

We test drove the NX on Saturday along with the Acura RDX. As much of an Acura fan we are, I must sadly admit there was no comparison. It was pretty obvious which was the winner in our minds, even though we could have gotten the RDX for about $10,000 cheaper. The fit and finish of the NX was top notch, the materials felt and looked superior and the ride/drive was impressive. The NX sold itself.

We then went to the Lincoln dealership where the salesmen were too busy chatting about their jock itch to help us. Only one salesperson approached us, this while he was busy with someone else, and apologized. Needless to say, we left and went back to the Lexus dealership and ordered an NX200t . Should be here in 4 to 6 weeks.

Nebula Grey, Black interior, with the Luxury package. We added a remote starter and 3M film on the hood, mirrors, etc.

We settled on the Nebula grey as we really didn't like the Atomic Silver. But we now find out the Silver Lining Metallic paint, that wasn't available in Canada, will be coming to Canada wtih the 2016 model year. Damn, not sure if we should go back to the dealer and change our order, and wait another 8 months, or stick with the Nebula.

Anyhow, thanks for all the info I was able to read prior to our car shopping.
If it was me I would stick with the Nebula Grey. IMO I think it looks better.
Old 04-22-15, 02:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Drtbk4ever: Congrats on your order and welcome to the forum! I didn't know SLM is coming to Canada for 2016. If you REALLY love that color and you plan on keeping the NX for many years, probably worth waiting a few months to get the color you want.

On the flipside, if it's a lease, it makes the case easier to stick to NGP which is a great color personally (had my RX that color). Good Luck!
Old 04-22-15, 06:29 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which dealer offered you the remote starter? I didn't think it was available yet.
Old 04-23-15, 07:57 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Which dealer offered you the remote starter? I didn't think it was available yet.
Hey My0gr, the dealership is Southpoint Lexus, in Edmonton, Alberta.

It is a two way remote starter that comes with it's own FOB. The Sales manager has one. Does the separate FOB mean the remote starter is an aftermarket unit?

And thanks for the welcome gang.
Old 04-23-15, 08:08 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I didn't know SLM is coming to Canada for 2016.
Wife found a picture of a SLM NX200 online a couple of hours after we signed the papers.

I texted the salesman about the colour, who happened to be in Toronto with the Lexus big wigs doing on track test drives with the Lexus sports car. Salesman asked one of the execs, who said, yes, SLM coming to Canada in 2016. Personally, I won't believe it until I see an official announcement.

So don't know what my wife will want to do. I would hate to put a purchase on hold only to find that colour won't be available for another 12 months.
Old 04-23-15, 08:27 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Hey My0gr, the dealership is Southpoint Lexus, in Edmonton, Alberta.

It is a two way remote starter that comes with it's own FOB. The Sales manager has one. Does the separate FOB mean the remote starter is an aftermarket unit?

And thanks for the welcome gang.
South Pointe. Interesting. I know them well. Yes, it is an aftermarket unit not integrated with the factory key fob. There are other after market unit that integrate with the key fob, but they are available for the IS, but not the NX. The factory remote starter is also not available for the NX yet, but it available for the IS.

I prefer to wait for an integrated unit, regardless of it is factory or after market. The ones that aren't integrated are way cheaper though.

Last edited by My0gr81; 04-23-15 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-23-15, 08:25 PM
alexdell
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my NX tonight from Lexus of Route 10 in NJ. I went to test drive and custom order one last week but they were willing to deal with their in-stock NX F Sport. I initially wanted to get the Atomic Silver but liked the Eminent White better in person. The only thing missing that i really wanted was the Power Rear Door but decided that I can live without it. This will be replacing, I mean complimenting, my lifted 1996 LX450 (rebadged land cruiser).

Here are the details:
NX200T F Sport
Exterior: Eminent White Pearl
Interior: Rioja Red interior
Auto-dimming outer mirrors w/ BSM, RCTA, reverse tilt, heated, memory
Heated Steering Wheel
Intuitive Parking Assist
LED Headlamps w/o Auto High Beams
Lexus Homelink Garage Door Opener
Navigation Package
Premium F Sport Package
All weather floor mats
Door Edge Guard
Preferred Package
18" wheels w/ All-season Michelin tires

The following users liked this post:
summariess (08-30-20)
Old 04-23-15, 09:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by alexdell
Just picked up my NX tonight from Lexus of Route 10 in NJ. I went to test drive and custom order one last week but they were willing to deal with their in-stock NX F Sport. I initially wanted to get the Atomic Silver but liked the Eminent White better in person. The only thing missing that i really wanted was the Power Rear Door but decided that I can live without it. This will be replacing, I mean complimenting, my lifted 1996 LX450 (rebadged land cruiser).

Here are the details:
NX200T F Sport
Exterior: Eminent White Pearl
Interior: Rioja Red interior
Auto-dimming outer mirrors w/ BSM, RCTA, reverse tilt, heated, memory
Heated Steering Wheel
Intuitive Parking Assist
LED Headlamps w/o Auto High Beams
Lexus Homelink Garage Door Opener
Navigation Package
Premium F Sport Package
All weather floor mats
Door Edge Guard
Preferred Package
18" wheels w/ All-season Michelin tires

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Very nice and one of the very few F Sports with the premium triple L LED headlamps in the US.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!