Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-14, 07:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Lexus USA and Lexus Canada - PLEASE TAKE NOTE

Originally Posted by rominl
you guys are welcome. just trying my best to get info for everyone, and honestly i think lexus wants the feedback too.
I'm on the same page as Hoovey on this as well.

I hope Lexus USA is serious about feedback and this equally goes for Lexus Canada.

1) HUD: MISTAKE, YOU MUST RECONSIDER. BMW X3 offers it.
2)360 deg camera: BIG MISTAKE, YOU MUST RECONSIDER. A Nissan Rogue, among other lesser vehicles, offers this.
3)NX 300h F-Sport not available in the US. VERY UNFORTUNATE and disappointing again as with the IS 300h

In addition, do not make the same limited options offerings on the NX F-Sport as you have done with the IS, i.e. no cooled seats, no memory seats, no LDA, no pre-collision, etc. Let those customers who want to pay for those options, pay for them. Don't forget, you are a LUXURY brand so you MUST offer the options that many other manufacturers including lesser ones such as Kia and Hyundai offer.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-11-14 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-11-14, 08:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Any guess on the MPG?
200t:
22 / 29 FWD
21 / 28 AWD

If 8-speed, might be another 1 mpg better .

300h:
~40 mpg combined

BTW, Rominl or anyone else, is the tranny a 6-speed or 8-speed on the 200t?
Old 04-11-14, 08:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Well even if we go for the NX, it will most likely be the base model. The cheapest of the cheapest lol. Does the base model come with all that?

On a different note, found a 2006 RX400h with 50k for about $18k.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...69997373&Log=0
Bluetooth audio it would. BSM and Navi would be options but BSM is $500 though sometimes it's bundled with other packages.

That's a low mileage RXh. I'm actually quite fond of the 2RXh, quality inside and out, though the tech like the navi will be dated. Bluetooth should be on that but BTA did not come to Lexus until 2010 models.
Old 04-11-14, 08:26 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

I hope Lexus USA is serious about feedback and this equally goes for Lexus Canada.

2)360 deg camera: BIG MISTAKE, YOU MUST RECONSIDER. A Nissan Rogue, among other lesser vehicles, offers this.
3)NX 300h F-Sport available in the US. VERY UNFORTUNATE and disappointing again as with the IS 300h

In addition, do not make the same limited options offerings on the NX F-Sport as you have done with the IS, i.e. no cooled seats, no memory seats, no LDA, no pre-collision, etc. Let those customers who want to pay for those options, pay for them. Don't forget, you are a LUXURY brand so you MUST offer the options that many other manufacturers including lesser ones such as Kia and Hyundai offer.

I had to do a double take at the SN and make sure it wasn't me posting that. It's like you read my mind
Old 04-11-14, 08:36 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3)NX 300h F-Sport available in the US. VERY UNFORTUNATE and disappointing again as with the IS 300h

They definitely should bring the HUD, memory seats and panorama moonroof.

360 deg camera? I would like to have them, but the Navi screen seems somewhat small. So, it is OK not to have them.

Also, they need to bring USB color, with red seats!
Old 04-11-14, 08:37 PM
LexFather

I wonder then what the "luxury" package will offer aka the IS.

I assume the IS will get some of these features in its refresh as the NX. Note the 2014 GS gained power folding side mirrors and trunk compared to the 2013.

Good point about the Rogue it really offers an amazing package.
Old 04-11-14, 09:03 PM
Hoovey689

Perhaps the strap is for the drag parachute after Turbo kicks in
Old 04-11-14, 09:07 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I would guess a combined 35mph for the NXh. the RXh gets an astonishing 30mpg. With the lighter body and smaller engine, but still the shape of an SUV, it should slot between the the ESh and the RXh
Old 04-11-14, 09:09 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Where will be NX made? In Japan or in Canada?
Old 04-11-14, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

3)NX 300h F-Sport not available in the US. VERY UNFORTUNATE and disappointing again as with the IS 300h

i will make sure it's heard. there are a lot of factors involved (some mentioned before, some not, and not up to me to disclose) but i guess it's just not as easy as it sounds. not an excuse though, because in the end, it's luxury brand, customizations and options are critical
Old 04-11-14, 09:38 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Why not hybrid F sport, I really don't understand why they are doing this. Probably because they don't want to complicate their own line up but people do want both and that goes for myself.
Old 04-11-14, 09:47 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by RXSF
I would guess a combined 35mph for the NXh. the RXh gets an astonishing 30mpg. With the lighter body and smaller engine, but still the shape of an SUV, it should slot between the the ESh and the RXh
I concur

Originally Posted by rominl
i will make sure it's heard. there are a lot of factors involved (some mentioned before, some not, and not up to me to disclose) but i guess it's just not as easy as it sounds. not an excuse though, because in the end, it's luxury brand, customizations and options are critical
Thanks for being a voice of reason and an ambassador Henry!
Old 04-11-14, 10:16 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do we have any info on the power output and other specs of the new turbo engine?
Old 04-12-14, 12:03 AM
smardav
Lead Lap

It looks okay from the front (only F-Sport model tho). From the back, it looks too much like a Rav4. Which is bad. It makes it looks cheap.

Interior is decent. Lexus has never made a car with horrible interior - beside the HS (dumbest car lexus ever made imo). You can see how it takes after 3IS/RC alot. But why does the nav screen is similar to the facelift CT, also similar with F30 BMW? I dont like it. Looks out of place.

What worries me the most is whether it's comfortable inside. It is almost as long as 3IS with around 100 mm shorter wheelbase. Looking at the design; how long the front end is, I get the impression the cabin wouldn't be as spacious. I do hope this car will offer similar comfortability as RX with sportier handling.

Also the other thing that concerns me is the engine choice. If lexus is really going with the 2.0L turbo, I'm not sure it will be as bulletproof as the N/A engine in its lineup right now.

If my doubts are proven wrong, I will highly consider buying one of NX F-Sport and let go my beloved Costco hauler - the RX.
Old 04-12-14, 01:33 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what happens when Stevie Wonder leads the Lexus design team...

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread