Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-11-14, 06:48 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusFsprt
My personal opinion: I think it's pretty ugly, especially the black fender flares and long front bumper. Interior is bad *** though.
i agree with you on the black fender liner.. it is quite ugly. not even sure if thats painted or plastic? interior is pretty nice, though i don't like the setup around the nav screen. it looks like it would be very hard to clean.

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
I love it! I highly consider getting it!
yeah its pretty bad *** bro. definitely best in its class i've see thus far.

Originally Posted by jaznraz
Oh my, not a fan at all. That nose is waaaay too long and waaaay too tall. The black fender flares need to go. Why does it ride so high, is it meant to have off-road capability? However, I'm basing all of this from a few pictures, it might be better in person.
its interesting you pointed that out.. its suppose to be a crossover compact suv..i thought this was going to have the high profile of the bmw x1, mini countryman, or toyota venza, but i'm suprised at how high it sits.. well its not that high, just about regular suv height. maybe like the IS, its misperceived in pictures and we need to see it in person.
Old 04-11-14, 06:52 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Hmm. Possibly "Sport Appearance" package (lower pic) vs regular (top pic) like they did with the RX?
Really? I think we only have 2 different RX450h versions here.

1, Non-F-sport (Business, comfort and exacutive)
2, F-sport

Maybe they are for different market? EU get the sporty looking one and NA get the blend looking one.
Old 04-11-14, 06:54 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

I also think its a little ugly, the front I like and the interior is nice and Iove the fact that it has a turbo hopefully US will get it meaning they may add it to other models crossing my fingers.
Old 04-11-14, 07:01 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still dislike that add-on nav screen and the shapeless interior door panels, but wow...the rest of this interior is really stellar
Old 04-11-14, 07:06 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

You can still make use of the CX-5 for 6 more months before you can get the NX.
Don't feel like going through the whole buying a new car process again.

Originally Posted by spwolf
or another 6 months for new RX.... and another for RX to be discounted

:-)
RX was a little to big for us.
Old 04-11-14, 07:08 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the dark wood and hoping that's available and not just the silver painted or faux CF plastic. I believe the "leather dash" is Nuluxe, but still very rich looking! Speaking of which, they clearly went after the Evoque in some of the styling and materials of the dash, i.e. the "leather", stitching, painted silver trim, and angle. Nice!!!
I've sat in the evoque. It only looks nice through the window. But inside there to too much flimsy material and nothing is assembled solidly, gaps everywhere. Not to mention the cheap cheap headliner.
Old 04-11-14, 07:22 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Guys be open minded... our 3iS FSport is also super daring in design.. this is practically our car just in SUV form. I love being different, I love super sharp lines and I love being untraditional. Think out side the box you guys.. Especially those of you who have the new 3iS and GS. When your car first came out and still today Im sure that an abundant amount of other brand owners dislike our cars.. because their taste are not tuned into new trendy styling. Lexus is the pursuit of perfection and releasing daring never before seen cars that can't be mistaken. Go LEXUS PPL!!!
Old 04-11-14, 07:24 AM
DJ90
Driver

from seeing the picture, things i like about the car is the front grille, front lights (something about the color of the light really makes it stand out) and last but not least is the interior (damn how i wish my just bought lexus is250f has black interior with red stitches instead of white) i guess the red stitching on black interior will be an option in the near future.

however, best looking suv imo still goes to :

Last edited by DJ90; 04-11-14 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-11-14, 07:33 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I also think its a little ugly, the front I like and the interior is nice and Iove the fact that it has a turbo hopefully US will get it meaning they may add it to other models crossing my fingers.
LMAO! you like the front and interior, thats pretty much the entire car minus the rear. i like the rear, i just don't get why the put a black plastic cover around the rear lights.. just plain boo!!!

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
Guys be open minded... our 3iS FSport is also super daring in design.. this is practically our car just in SUV form. I love being different, I love super sharp lines and I love being untraditional. Think out side the box you guys.. Especially those of you who have the new 3iS and GS. When your car first came out and still today Im sure that an abundant amount of other brand owners dislike our cars.. because their taste are not tuned into new trendy styling. Lexus is the pursuit of perfection and releasing daring never before seen cars that can't be mistaken. Go LEXUS PPL!!!
you said it well brother.. i think most of us were taken away from the IS when it first came out. i know i was!!!!! it wasn't until i started looking at it more and more and was hooked, i thought hmm.. 335i, s4, c350... these cars just don't have the same ummfffff and sex appeal the IS does. you know it too especially when you;re driving down street and ppl do a double take or a 5+ second stare lol. i think the NX might go down the same route.

Originally Posted by DJ90
from seeing the picture, things i like about the car is the front grille, front lights (something about the color of the light really makes it stand out) and last but not least is the interior (damn how i wish my just bought lexus is250f has black interior with red stitches instead of white) i guess the red stitching on black interior will be an option in the near future.
i do like that red with the black near the seat side bolster. i don't quite like how the back is completely black and not red, though i can understand from a logical perspective if one has kids and the kick the back seat constantly, it would be easier to hide marks.
Old 04-11-14, 07:37 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

This is really cool. I dig it. Looks a bit tight in the back seat but it is a compact ute.
Old 04-11-14, 07:48 AM
kwr
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by yowps3
I've sat in the evoque. It only looks nice through the window. But inside there to too much flimsy material and nothing is assembled solidly, gaps everywhere. Not to mention the cheap cheap headliner.
I like the interior of the NX and see some resemblance to the evoque. Not completely sold on the IS type headlights and the black trim. Think this will sell if priced right.

I've sat in the evoque too and have a much different opinion. The pure plus, pure premium or autobiography all have upgraded materials over the base car.
Old 04-11-14, 07:48 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
This is really cool. I dig it. Looks a bit tight in the back seat but it is a compact ute.
it has larger wheelbase than Rav4, so it should have similar space.
Old 04-11-14, 07:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
What are the spaces on the left and right of the analog clock? Some sort of indicators? They are too small to pick up any detail.
maybe left/right climate temp displays?

Originally Posted by Allen K
Call me crazy, but I actually like the hybrid looks over the F-Sport. I really like those horizontal slats vs. the mesh
100% agreed. breaks up the 'black cave' look
Old 04-11-14, 07:53 AM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be nice if they had something, or someone, next to the vehicle to give us a perspective of the size.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread