NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 09:20 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgsvt
No, I have never owned a BMW. The only German car I have owned was a 2001 TT quattro. I currently own a 2006 IS350 and a 2011 RX350.
after owning my fair share of BMWs i would say stick to Lexus.

unless:
1. you are just planning to lease
2. buy - make sure to get the extended warranty
Old 02-11-14, 11:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by VVRX
It would appear that this current render took the front end exposed in the presentation by Jim Lentz and used the LF-NX concept for the unexposed rear half.
translation: it's a guess and could be way off.

anyone know when the nx is likely to show for real somewhere?
Old 02-11-14, 11:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
translation: it's a guess and could be way off.

anyone know when the nx is likely to show for real somewhere?
Geneva is 6th of March, so around week before that...
Old 02-11-14, 11:47 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

If it is optioned like the X1/X3 and Q1/Q3 the it has to be priced like them too? OK, BMW X1 has a 240hp motor and I'm sure a great interior for a max price of 48K. What's Lexus including for the other 2K+? X3 tops out at 56K and it has the 300hp turbo inline 6. I just want something more for more money. I guess I will be disappointed. I know, I know, I should maybe look at another brand. Is BMW now the value play?
X1 has terrible interior.

I am not sure why would you expect BMW to have better interior than Lexus.
Old 02-11-14, 12:57 PM
dgsvt
Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
X1 has terrible interior.

I am not sure why would you expect BMW to have better interior than Lexus.
You mentioned the competition and I just looked at the local BMW dealership inventory for engine and pricing comparison. Styling is subjective. (BMW is not me) The interior reads like they have nice materials, but might not as I have never been in an X1 nor X3. I know GS350 has great interior materials compared to both my cars and I would gladly pay extra for those finishes in a different product like the NX. I actually am not interested in any other brand, but have been told I should due to my frustration with not seeing new product in the Lexus showroom. I have been close to deciding to just get the new IS350 F-sport awd, but the motor and trans is the same as the one in my 2006. Do I buy the same drivetrain and then in a year regret not waiting for the new products that are coming?
Old 02-11-14, 01:41 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

You mentioned the competition and I just looked at the local BMW dealership inventory for engine and pricing comparison. Styling is subjective. (BMW is not me) The interior reads like they have nice materials, but might not as I have never been in an X1 nor X3. I know GS350 has great interior materials compared to both my cars and I would gladly pay extra for those finishes in a different product like the NX. I actually am not interested in any other brand, but have been told I should due to my frustration with not seeing new product in the Lexus showroom. I have been close to deciding to just get the new IS350 F-sport awd, but the motor and trans is the same as the one in my 2006. Do I buy the same drivetrain and then in a year regret not waiting for the new products that are coming?
SUV's usually have interior quality similar to lower priced sedan from same brand... so we should be lucky if NX gets ES type of interior.

GS interior would go on something on more expensive than RX, and I guess thats what GX is and yes it has nice interior. So, if you are into nice interiors, GS sounds like a great choice.

X1 has worse interior than CT200h.
Old 02-11-14, 05:22 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why cant lexus just make a hot Hatch instead ? Say the CT can be way more interesting....beef it up. I dont want to own an RX and then a Steroid Rav4....

It is totally wrong.

Please Lexus...make one CT-F with 350 hp...hybrid....sport suspensions....i know you can.
Old 02-11-14, 05:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Why cant lexus just make a hot Hatch instead ? Say the CT can be way more interesting....beef it up. I dont want to own an RX and then a Steroid Rav4....

It is totally wrong.

Please Lexus...make one CT-F with 350 hp...hybrid....sport suspensions....i know you can.
why not get IS350 F-Sport?
Old 02-12-14, 02:49 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

maybe the next gen CT will get a NA and F version along with the current hybrid and F sport trim
Old 02-12-14, 03:39 PM
tin369
Rookie

Well, i am trying to follow the new Lexus NX and following this thread, its sounding more dissapointing as I already have a RAV4 and if this NX is just a glorified RAV4 then, I would probably look at the new RX whenever that is released or go with a BMW X3 or something.

Lexus definitely needs to not only make this right design wise but also in terms of power and handling.

I read that its supposed to be released in the UK in october, but will the U.S. get an early release. When are they going to officially announce?
Old 02-12-14, 03:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tin369
Well, i am trying to follow the new Lexus NX and following this thread, its sounding more dissapointing as I already have a RAV4 and if this NX is just a glorified RAV4 then, I would probably look at the new RX whenever that is released or go with a BMW X3 or something.

Lexus definitely needs to not only make this right design wise but also in terms of power and handling.

I read that its supposed to be released in the UK in october, but will the U.S. get an early release. When are they going to officially announce?
How exactly did you come to that conclusion? NX will have different engines compared to Rav4.

As to the when it is coming out, it is late 2013.
Old 02-12-14, 04:21 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NX is built on Rav-4 Chasis.

Yet different power train, but still...handling...big SUV, just a tad smaller than RX...what is the point, if you already have an RX or Rav-4
Old 02-12-14, 04:22 PM
tin369
Rookie

Originally Posted by spwolf
How exactly did you come to that conclusion? NX will have different engines compared to Rav4.

As to the when it is coming out, it is late 2013.

I just read someone post here in this thread that the NX will be based on a RAV4, but maybe I am wrong.
Old 02-12-14, 04:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I just read someone post here in this thread that the NX will be based on a RAV4, but maybe I am wrong.
It shares chassis components yes, but the 2.0t will be exclusive to the NX at least initially. You may see in the future turbo applications come to Toyota's (like the Supra which was just announced). But for now the Rav4 will be solely 2.5L I4. NX 2.0t and 2.5L I4 Hybrid

It's like VW and Audi. Yes they use the same engines, but they also tune them differently and more powerfully in the Audi's. A GTI puts out 200hp and 207lbft out of it's 2.0T, while an A4 with the 2.0T does 210hp and 258lft
Old 02-12-14, 05:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

So far the difference looks to be bigger than Highlander vs RX and that was always a nice difference between two cars that share similar components.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread