NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Old 09-04-13, 05:25 AM
LexFather

I'm stunned it looks that aggressive. Funny I'm still not completely used to the spindle grill
Old 09-04-13, 05:40 AM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They went Lamborghini with this, except they aren't Lamborghini. What a mess.
Old 09-04-13, 05:54 AM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by venom21
They went Lamborghini with this, except they aren't Lamborghini. What a mess.
have you ever posted you like a Lexus on Clublexus?
Old 09-04-13, 05:58 AM
venom21
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blueprint
have you ever posted you like a Lexus on Clublexus?
Yes. I've also owned 3 and still own an RX. Will you ever stop quoting me just because I'm not a rabid fanboy and will not defend them at all costs?
Old 09-04-13, 06:42 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

This thing looks absolutely hideous!:thumbdn:
Old 09-04-13, 06:42 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It is certainly quite different from the RAV4 and I don't think anyone would accuse it of looking just like the RAV4.
Old 09-04-13, 07:01 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus Previews New NX Crossover With Frankfurt Auto Show Concept

Lexus’ concept car for the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show is a preview of the automaker’s new compact crossover due to go on sale next year. That compact crossover will be called the NX and a stylized version of it will be on display next week in Frankfurt in the form of the LF-NX concept car.

The LF-NX has an aggressive look to it that’s reminiscent of Lamborghini’s recent crossover concept, the Urus, but it’s not just about looks as many of the lines are actually functional and improve the aerodynamic properties of the vehicle. For example, the vertical lines at the front serve as an air curtain and help channel air flow to the front brakes. At the rear, the light clusters are designed to project downwards to the full depth of the bumper, creating a sharp, aerodynamic trailing edge to the vehicle.

Lexus says the design is the latest evolution of its “L-finesse” design language, though don’t expect the production NX to look as aggressive as this concept. That’s because the vehicle will be based on the humble Toyota RAV4 and the two may even share some panels.

Inside, there’s a minimalist design with plenty of premium materials and several digital displays. High-tech features include touch-sensitive electrostatic switches and a new touch pad Remote Touch Interface (RTI) system located just ahead of the gear selector.

Powering the LF-NX is said to be a new version of the Lexus Hybrid Drive system, which may be matched to an all-wheel-drive setup. Lexus tells us the new system is designed for “SUV performance.” The production NX is expected to feature two powertrain options: a new turbocharged four-cylinder in a NX 200t and a hybrid setup in a NX 300h.

Stay tuned for more following the Lexus LF-NX concept’s debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show next Tuesday, but in the meantime view our full coverage of the show at our dedicated hub.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...o-show-concept
Old 09-04-13, 07:10 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow.....I absolutely love it....very aggressive. This is good stuff that Lexus need to draw more younger buyer to their brand while they can keep the loyal mature buyer in the RX.
Old 09-04-13, 07:43 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a concept - LOVE IT. I can see where, once these creases are toned down a bit, and some of the elements are refined into a production-ready form, the NX will be a great looking CUV.

Rumors were indicating that Lexus would do something dramatic - more like Evoque, less like X3, Q5 - to prevent direct competition with the RX, and it certainly seems that even when toned down, the NX will be extremely aggressive.

Furthermore, I think the new Rav4 platform is great, so something with more power and dynamic styling would be an instant hit. Maybe the Rav4 will have a shorter garage life than I was expecting
Old 09-04-13, 08:12 AM
LexFather

Just imagine the L is for Lambo and not Lexus and the internetz would universally praise it In a world of bland cute utes, this is exciting.
Old 09-04-13, 08:39 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

bold but ugly.
toned down, i might just like it.
Old 09-04-13, 08:52 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kudos to Lexus for not playing it safe.

The design is bold...too bold for my taste. It looks like a giant origami inspired car with all of the crazy creases. The compact CUV with bold styling is a niche market, like the Range Rover Evoque.
Old 09-04-13, 09:15 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

The styling is actually a safety feature. When pedestrians and other motorists see this vehicle coming, they will think Sharknado is a reality and run the opposite way. Oh, and another advantage will be never having to be concerned about parking next to a clunker in a crowded lot. Door dings will enhance the design.
Old 09-04-13, 09:15 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm probably in the minority, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I hope this comes out by the time the lease on my IS350 is up in 2015.
Old 09-04-13, 09:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

heh, looks awesome... lets hope it is not too toned down and that it doesnt end up looking like baby RX

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread