NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Old 08-27-13, 07:39 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It could be but can't really see it clear.
Old 09-03-13, 03:57 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lexus stand for Frankfurt:

Old 09-03-13, 01:29 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What a tease! We have to wait another week....

Originally Posted by asoksevil
Lexus stand for Frankfurt:

Old 09-03-13, 03:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
less concepts, more production models please.
I was thinking the same thing. I am happy to see the concept but its only a wiff of what the real thing will be. Hurry up Lexus
Old 09-03-13, 03:39 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Yes. Dangerous if there is no follow through. Saab always had fantastic concepts. Remember them?

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I was thinking the same thing. I am happy to see the concept but its only a wiff of what the real thing will be. Hurry up Lexus
Old 09-03-13, 03:51 PM
LexFather

Uhhhhh Lexus produces most of its concepts. Some are further away from production than others but they usually are produced.

Lexus has been pretty amazing debuting concepts year after year and building them.
Old 09-04-13, 01:14 AM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus unveils LF-NX Concept in Frankfurt

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...htm?sf677700=1

Distinctive and sculpted styling
•‘Human Oriented’ interior design with new, touch-sensitive instrumentation
•Highly efficient full hybrid powertrain

FRANKFURT, Germany, Sept. 4, 2013 - A new Lexus compact crossover concept, the LF-NX, will make its world premiere at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA). This concept explores the potential for a compact crossover within the Lexus model range.

Reinforcing Lexus’ leading position in full hybrid drive technology, the LF-NX concept is powered by a new variant of the Lexus Hybrid Drive system tuned for SUV performance.

With its highly distinctive and powerfully sculpted styling, the LF-NX concept’s exterior design reflects a further evolution of Lexus’ L-finesse design language.

The front is dominated by a strong interpretation of the Lexus spindle grille, extremely expressive signature front lighting with independent Daytime Running Lights (DRL), and unique corner styling which separates the bumper from the front wing with an aggressive vertical cut.

In profile, muscular wheel arches are trimmed with the black protective finish which typifies an urban crossover. Above the pronounced diamond shape of the belt line, a classic Lexus side glazing profile and steeply raked tailgate create the sweeping silhouette of an athletic coupe.

The rear features highly articulated lamp clusters. They are detailed to project downwards to the full depth of the bumper, creating a sharp, aerodynamic trailing edge to the vehicle which mirrors the front wing detailing.

The Lexus LF-NX concept is finished in a new Brushed Metal Silver exterior colorwhich gives the striking impression that the bodyshell has been carved from a single piece of solid metal.

The interior mirrors the LF-NX’s highly sculpted exterior with bold, powerful forms creating a driver-focused cockpit within an ergonomically ideal environment.

In a continuation of the ‘Human Oriented’ L-finesse design concept, the cabin features the ideal, upper display zone and lower operation zone dashboard format perfected over successive Lexus generations.

This allows for intuitive interaction with the vehicle’s next generation technology, which includes touch-sensitive electrostatic switches, and a new touch pad Remote Touch Interface (RTI) design.

Reinforcing the LF-NX concept’s premium crossover credentials, the strength and refinement of the interior’s carved metal surfacing is complemented throughout by Sunrise Yellow / Black leather upholstery with contrast stitching, and sophisticated blue instrument lighting.

The Lexus press conference is scheduled on September 10 at 13:00 CET on the Lexus stand, Hall 8, Frankfurt Messe.

Old 09-04-13, 01:29 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

if the production version is anywhere near this aggressive, color me impressed.
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-lfnx_12_ec_2013.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-lfnx_04_ec_2013.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-lfnx_03_ec_2013.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-lfnx_02_ec_2013.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-lfnx_01_ec_2013.jpg  

Old 09-04-13, 02:40 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

that looks awesome.
Old 09-04-13, 02:59 AM
DFGeneer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!
This really needs to be toned down in the production version.
Love the headlights - probably the most menacing example in the whole auto industry.

Chris Bangle must eat crow now (for his recent accusations towards the automotive designers).
Old 09-04-13, 03:47 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I knew it would be some FWD concept.

I can't even imagine how they'd tone all that down. Basically subtract all the bulges and aggressive bits, and you have the real NX.

This is exactly what some (many?) of you here hate- creases everywhere. I think this can compete with the Lambo sesto and veneno.

Last edited by pman6; 09-04-13 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-04-13, 04:20 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Ha, I was right about the teaser photo being the new NX.
Old 09-04-13, 04:26 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks ridiculous
Old 09-04-13, 04:34 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DFGeneer
Wow!
This really needs to be toned down in the production version.
Love the headlights - probably the most menacing example in the whole auto industry.

Chris Bangle must eat crow now (for his recent accusations towards the automotive designers).
I agree, it looks great as a concept, but I'm sure it will be toned down quite a bit for production.
Old 09-04-13, 05:14 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Not too bad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread