NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-14, 11:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Obviously certain parts should be shared for cost savings.
To me VW/Audi/Porsche do a much better job than Toyota/Lexus. YX.
Please go in detail and explain to us all how they do a much better job. Seems when the Germans do the same thing, more excuses and made up pop up.

For example he 5 series has gotten ripped for being based on the bigger heavier 7 series and for being bloated with lost driving dynamics. Please explain how this is okay. Let me guess "well it sells fine". Yet when someone says the RX or Camry sells fine "oh sales are not all that matter".:roll eyes:

It is OBVIOUS they all platform share and for the most part do a good job of it.
Old 01-31-14, 12:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Obviously certain parts should be shared for cost savings.
To me VW/Audi/Porsche do a much better job than Toyota/Lexus. Yes both share parts and R&D costs but the end products are true to each brand and what they are striving for. Also Lexus AWD systems are not that great compared to Quattro systems.

Im not being negative on the RX - its an average SUV that meets the need of 90% of potential clients and in turn is a cash cow for Lexus.

To me its disappointing not to have a CUV/SUV based on a great chassis of the IS/GS. It should be same $$$$ as the X5 for BMW. That would be a GREAT SUV in performance unlike the current RX.
i guess i need your glasses, but in real world, VW/Audi share a lot more than Toyota and Lexus do. Audi doesnt have RWD chassis at all, it is all FWD and under new platform, they will all be even more like their VW platform siblings than before.
Old 01-31-14, 03:01 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Seeing what has been printed regarding the NX it now looks as though it 'may' debut at Geneva, possible on sale date this summer? This sounds about right because if the 4th gen RX follows it's previous debut path, the 2016 RX should be shown at the 2015 NAIAS and go on sale next spring. This would allow for the NX to get a foothold without cannibalizing the new 2016 RX
Old 01-31-14, 03:16 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jer
Seeing what has been printed regarding the NX it now looks as though it 'may' debut at Geneva, possible on sale date this summer? This sounds about right because if the 4th gen RX follows it's previous debut path, the 2016 RX should be shown at the 2015 NAIAS and go on sale next spring. This would allow for the NX to get a foothold without cannibalizing the new 2016 RX
Agreed…and trying to get the wife to wait to at least see the NX……Surely it will have updated tech and features to the RX...
Old 02-02-14, 07:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
If the NX is slated to be around 180-183in and the current RX is 187in, it's very reasonable to make the 4RX 190in. We're not saying make it gargantuan, just bigger. The NX is allowing the RX to evolve by taking the place the original RX filled. Now just like the CTS, the RX does not have to be a straddler and has the opportunity to really size up to the competiton. This also means they can up the luxury quotient

Agreed, and with the NX based on the 180in RAV4 and 4RX on the 191in 2014 Highlander, I would almost expect the next RX as a 7-passenger. Having this lineup, Lexus would directly compete with much of the competition's 5 and 7-passenger offerings like the RDX/MDX; QX50/60; X3/X5; Q5/Q7. XC60/XC90, and so on.
Old 02-03-14, 09:36 AM
cunnin61
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Incorrect.

The Matrix is the only vehicle sharing the Corolla platform. Maybe the Scion xD as well, but I'm not sure about that.
Maybe I'm mistaken, that's just what I've heard, working as an engineer at Toyota.
Old 02-03-14, 10:12 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cunnin61
Maybe I'm mistaken, that's just what I've heard, working as an engineer at Toyota.
You know, you're right. I was incorrect. My mistake.

I did a little research. First gen was Corolla based. But the previous generation and this current generation are unique.

Thank you for the clarification.
Old 02-04-14, 02:14 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Corolla and RAV are technically both on variants Toyota's "MC" platform.

There are a wide array of models on MC, including xB, tC, Prius, and even the Estima and Alphard vans.

xD is on the "B" platform along with Yaris, Prius c,
Old 02-04-14, 02:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pbm317
Corolla and RAV are technically both on variants Toyota's "MC" platform.

There are a wide array of models on MC, including xB, tC, Prius, and even the Estima and Alphard vans.

xD is on the "B" platform along with Yaris, Prius c,
as we know platform is such a loose term at Toyota, it does not mean much... Rav4 simply doesnt share a lot with other cars. Rav4, Corolla and MR-S all shared same platform by the definition and yet you could never tell as even suspension was different.

MC is shared by Corolla, RX, Rav4, etc, etc.
Old 02-04-14, 03:50 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
MC is shared by Corolla, RX, Rav4, etc, etc.
But you're wrong there. RX is not on MC, it's on K
Old 02-05-14, 01:08 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pbm317
But you're wrong there. RX is not on MC, it's on K
2006 was on MC like Camry? Still, many sources say new one is too... i guess K is variation of MC?

Based on Toyota’s MC platform, which also underpins the Camry, Avalon, Sienna, Venza, RAV4 and Lexus RX, the ’14 Highlander provides a smooth, car-like ride during a recent test drive on the immaculate roads of this affluent California suburb.
http://wardsauto.com/vehicle-test-dr...-luxury-factor
Old 02-07-14, 06:44 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus NX Prototypes Spotted!

Japanese magazine Mag-X has released two spy photos of the upcoming Lexus NX compact crossover — the masked version above, and this camouflaged prototype:

These two images don’t show nearly as much detail as the recently leaked production NX photo, but they do give a better indication of the compact crossover’s overall shape — really, I’m surprised at how much these prototypes reveal.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139-3.html
Old 02-07-14, 09:13 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

This is going to sell well. Can't wait to see the F-Sport version
Old 02-07-14, 09:39 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

obvious photoshops and appear to be nothing like the concept as usual.
Old 02-07-14, 01:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
This is going to sell well. Can't wait to see the F-Sport version
Hopefully this drives more like the IS/GS than the RX which is more ES. That would be really compelling in a segment of zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Really excited for it!

Mike

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread