NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-14, 12:09 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by vinster29
It looks way too much like the cross between a GX and an IS. The headlights straight from the IS and the grill is definitely from the GX470. They should have stuck with the prototype!! This is definitely a down-grade from the RX450H. Hopefully the interior looks better!!
The IS and GX (and 2014 CT) are the latest Lexus's with the Spindle Grill which is slowly evolving, it's no surprise that the NX follows the latest corporate language
Old 01-30-14, 07:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

with the nx coming, betting that the rx grows to 3 rows - so much competition now
Old 01-30-14, 08:00 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
with the nx coming, betting that the rx grows to 3 rows - so much competition now
I hate to hear that because if it's true my current RX will be the last one.

The comment about the console going thru to the rear making the NX a 4 seater is the first I've heard of that. Not sure if I like that but I rarely ever have 3 bodies in the back seat now. Can't wait to see this new model.
Old 01-30-14, 08:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

i doubt it... maybe they will have extended wheelbase version, but i am sure they wont change RX winning formula.
Old 01-30-14, 09:06 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RX is doing great. I also agreed that they won't or shouldn't mess up a good thing.

There were reports of maybe a larger CUV in the works.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ce-gx-suv.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/31/l...-tx-crossover/
Old 01-30-14, 10:45 AM
LexFather

This NX is going to be a hit….and like my sources said awhile back, more Range Rover Evoque in styling than the mundane cute-utes everyone else offers.

Originally Posted by spwolf
i doubt it... maybe they will have extended wheelbase version, but i am sure they wont change RX winning formula.
I'm hearing 3rd row might be an option next go round….even standard…people internally want it…even if the market doesn't seem to give a **** since it sells so well….
Old 01-30-14, 01:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexFather
I'm hearing 3rd row might be an option next go round….even standard…people internally want it…even if the market doesn't seem to give a **** since it sells so well….
yeah, optional i can see... but they would need to enlarge the car... and i dont think they will change it substantially for base model as it simply sells too good. Any large extensions means that base price would go up.
Old 01-30-14, 01:31 PM
Hoovey689

If the NX is slated to be around 180-183in and the current RX is 187in, it's very reasonable to make the 4RX 190in. We're not saying make it gargantuan, just bigger. The NX is allowing the RX to evolve by taking the place the original RX filled. Now just like the CTS, the RX does not have to be a straddler and has the opportunity to really size up to the competiton. This also means they can up the luxury quotient
Old 01-30-14, 02:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
If the NX is slated to be around 180-183in and the current RX is 187in, it's very reasonable to make the 4RX 190in. We're not saying make it gargantuan, just bigger. The NX is allowing the RX to evolve by taking the place the original RX filled. Now just like the CTS, the RX does not have to be a straddler and has the opportunity to really size up to the competiton. This also means they can up the luxury quotient
with RX sales being up despite model being old and competition being new, it doesnt really make sense to move the price of RX anywhere... so does that mean that there will be extended version? Not sure, but I really dont think they will do anything to the base price. Making tectonic changes to your best selling vehicle is just asking for trouble.
Old 01-30-14, 03:30 PM
Hoovey689

with RX sales being up despite model being old and competition being new, it doesnt really make sense to move the price of RX anywhere... so does that mean that there will be extended version? Not sure, but I really dont think they will do anything to the base price. Making tectonic changes to your best selling vehicle is just asking for trouble.
Who knows, maybe the NX will one day supplant the RX as the sales leader. Things don't have to stay the same. Current Lexus is at the tip of the iceberg. We're going to start seeing more six digit cars in Luxury lines, more performance, more luxury, more models

Did you mean Teutonic btw? Somehow I don't think we're talking about the Earth's Crust
Old 01-30-14, 04:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

(re: 3rd row possibility, i'd say likely)

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I hate to hear that because if it's true my current RX will be the last one.
then get an NX

I'm hearing 3rd row might be an option next go round….even standard…people internally want it…
not surprised.

even if the market doesn't seem to give a **** since it sells so well….
today. market doesn't care because lexus hasn't had an alternative.

yeah, optional i can see... but they would need to enlarge the car... and i dont think they will change it substantially for base model as it simply sells too good. Any large extensions means that base price would go up.
it will go up anyway, since it's not luxurious enough plus costs have increased, and standard equipment will increase. and again, since there will be an nx, it makes sense for lexus to make the rx bigger.

zactly. times change.

with RX sales being up despite model being old and competition being new, it doesnt really make sense to move the price of RX anywhere...
so maybe you're saying they shouldn't make any changes at all, ever.

so does that mean that there will be extended version? Not sure, but I really dont think they will do anything to the base price.
guarantee the price goes up at least a thousand.

Making tectonic changes to your best selling vehicle is just asking for trouble.
uh, all makers make 'tectonic changes' to their best selling models so i don't agree.

Who knows, maybe the NX will one day supplant the RX as the sales leader.
even if it doesn't, no doubt the sum of nx/rx sales will be greater than rx today. an analogy would be the ipad. apple had a winning formula and then cratered its own margins by introducing the 'mini'. that was temporary as they now have the air to replace the 'regular' ipad, and rumors of a 'pro' ipad are strong. there's just no reason for lexus to have only one mainstream cuv.

Things don't have to stay the same. Current Lexus is at the tip of the iceberg. We're going to start seeing more six digit cars in Luxury lines, more performance, more luxury, more models
amen.
Old 01-30-14, 06:12 PM
LexFather

The biggest thing wasn't really the size its the style. There were 3rd row (pretty sure we talked about this) designs but they were deemed too bulky and ugly, think current MDX van looking thing. So they kept it 2 rows. The swooping rear roofline looks cool but takes away any rear headroom.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Old 01-30-14, 06:48 PM
Hoovey689

The biggest thing wasn't really the size its the style. There were 3rd row (pretty sure we talked about this) designs but they were deemed too bulky and ugly, think current MDX van looking thing. So they kept it 2 rows. The swooping rear roofline looks cool but takes away any rear headroom.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Hmm I don't fully recall. I'm sure theres many factors including ones not even brought up yet. But the answers all start with the unveiling of the NX, followed by 4RX, and then the question of what to do with the GX and LX
Old 01-31-14, 03:33 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

(re: 3rd row possibility, i'd say likely)

it will go up anyway, since it's not luxurious enough plus costs have increased, and standard equipment will increase. and again, since there will be an nx, it makes sense for lexus to make the rx bigger.
i am talking about price... costs actually went down for Lexus due to low Yen... with their previous cars, we have seen that base model pricing doesnt go anywhere... maybe they add more options to the top end models, but base not.
Old 01-31-14, 07:36 AM
cunnin61
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Not quite.
The Rav4 is one chassis that doesn't share with any other Toyota model. It used to be Camry-based, but no more. The CT is Prius based.
Actually, the Rav4 is based on the Corolla platform.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread