NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-14, 04:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
While I won't doubt it, it's still too premature to come to that conclusion with no real world tests or comparisons of the MKC.

Looking forward to this shootout; NX, GLK, XC60, X3, Q3, MKC
Q5 i guess... Q3 is a bit smaller, also interior is pretty plasticky
Old 05-22-14, 05:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Q5 i guess... Q3 is a bit smaller, also interior is pretty plasticky
that's what I meant. Typo***********************
Old 05-22-14, 07:24 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
The MKC I believe is based off the Ford Escape which directly competes with the RAV4. So the MKC will compete with the NX and stands no chance...
I disagree. I think the MKC is winning the game in every move. For instance, the MKC comes out first before the NX in the market. Then, its engine is more powerful than the NX. I could go on from A to Z.

Yes, Lexus is the most reliable brand, but Lincoln is not that far behind. According to J.D.Power, Lincoln's reliability rating matches or exceeds Toyota & Honda for the last few years, far better than Audi's rating.

The NX has its own craftmanship, but so does the MKC. It all depends what you favor. The only thing that I was looking forward was the NX Hybrid.

I've owned a C1 platform with the 2.3L engine. When I heard the MKC will come out with a Ti-VCT twin turbo on regular gas and CCD, my reaction was

Last edited by Psychoart; 05-22-14 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-22-14, 08:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Psychoart
I disagree. I think the MKC is winning the game in every move. For instance, the MKC comes out first before the NX in the market. Then, its engine is more powerful than the NX. I could go on from A to Z.
This reminds me of the Lincoln commercials attacking Lexus on superficiality. "MKZ has the panoramic moonroof and the ES, well doesn't"... and therefore Lincoln wants the consumer to believe the MKZ is the superior vehicle LOL

Like the panoramic moonroof "advantage" over the ES, sure the MKC has more power, and features over the NX and to some consumers these are more important than fit/finish and reliability. Sales will show what folks really value and if the ES and RX sales over their Lincoln counterparts are any indication, the majority will choose the NX over the MKC. No crystal ball though - time will tell.
Old 05-22-14, 08:46 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
This reminds me of the Lincoln commercials attacking Lexus on superficiality. "MKZ has the panoramic moonroof and the ES, well doesn't"... and therefore Lincoln wants the consumer to believe the MKZ is the superior vehicle LOL

Like the panoramic moonroof "advantage" over the ES, sure the MKC has more power, and features over the NX and to some consumers these are more important than fit/finish and reliability. Sales will show what folks really value and if the ES and RX sales over their Lincoln counterparts are any indication, the majority will choose the NX over the MKC. No crystal ball though - time will tell.
I agree, but sales # are for the company's profit. I don't plan on having a car like a Camry that's there in every corner. Another instance, I see RX everywhere, which starts to be just like another CRV on the street. Rarity with good reliability is another good play in my book.

BTW, I've owned two GTIs, and I could tell you that the sales # was definitely not THE reason for me to buy a car! Furthermore, if I wanted to meet high sales # and best reliability, I think I would have gotten a Corolla long time ago.

Last edited by Psychoart; 05-22-14 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-22-14, 08:55 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The commercial neglects to mention that it's a $3,000 standalone option.
Old 05-22-14, 09:41 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
The commercial neglects to mention that it's a $3,000 standalone option.
And some of us HATE Panoramic/moon roofs, so the lack of it is an advantage for many; sadly not the case with RX350 or Cadillac SRX; it is an expensive standard feature!!!

Last edited by dctex99; 05-23-14 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-22-14, 09:52 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dctex99
And some of us HATE Panoramic/moon roofs, so the lack of it is an advantage for many; sadly not the case with RX30 or Cadillac SRX; it is an expensive standard feature!!!
I don't quite get the HATE thing against panoramic/moonroof. You need or like it, get it. You don't need it, don't get it.

It's not the problem of the panoramic/moonroof. It may just be a packaging problem from a certain company.

I personally cannot get a car without at least a moonroof. On the other hand, getting a panoramic/moonroof will depend on its design and how well its shading is to me.

Last edited by Psychoart; 05-22-14 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-22-14, 10:04 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I agree, but sales # are for the company's profit. I don't plan on having a car like a Camry that's there in every corner. Another instance, I see RX everywhere, which starts to be just like another CRV on the street. Rarity with good reliability is another good play in my book.
Sales are being talked about to show how much less competitive Lincoln is - which it is, as customer's vote with their wallets. MKZ looks great on paper but once people sit and drive them, they decide to purchase ES.

These are not hand built vehicles, it is not good if your cars dont sell.
Old 05-22-14, 10:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I don't quite get the HATE thing against panoramic/moonroof. You need or like it, get it. You don't need it, don't get it.

It's not the problem of the panoramic/moonroof. It may just be a packaging problem from a certain company.

I personally cannot get a car without at least a moonroof. On the other hand, getting a panoramic/moonroof will depend on its design and how well its shading is to me.
NX has panoramic roof, so not sure what kind of packaging problem are you talking about... And thats kind of a problem with Lincoln - bunch of acronyms and numbers on paper dont make for a great car.

Old 05-22-14, 10:12 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

NX has panoramic roof, so not sure what kind of packaging problem are you talking about... And thats kind of a problem with Lincoln - bunch of acronyms and numbers on paper dont make for a great car.
I'm not sure what you are talking about. I was not the one mourning about my hate on a panoramic roof anyway.

Why? Because I'm debating MKC vs NX, you think I'm a Lexus hater? You got it all wrong, "my friend". I, for instance, have always objected to get any domestic car. However, I always go for the winner side!

Also, I have used intentionally Lincoln acronyms instead of spelling them out. You know them, great. You don't know them, do your own research. Life isn't just made with acronyms from Toyota and others such as Dual VVT-i, VTEC, and what not.

Last edited by Psychoart; 05-22-14 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-22-14, 10:16 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

Sales are being talked about to show how much less competitive Lincoln is - which it is, as customer's vote with their wallets. MKZ looks great on paper but once people sit and drive them, they decide to purchase ES.

These are not hand built vehicles, it is not good if your cars dont sell.
Competitiveness is not solely won on how many people buy a product. How many Rolex are sold in market compared to a Casio? You got my vote, right.

I understand where you are going. I'm not here to bash Lexus NX. If you guys want to make comparisons, you have at least to be able to deal with facts.
Old 05-23-14, 04:26 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

I checked out both the MKC and NX at the NY Auto Show and online.

The MKC does have a stronger engine. There are a couple of things that don't sit will with me. 1st, it is an upgraded Escape while the NX is totally different than a RAV4.

This one may not be known right away but pricing may be cheaper for the NX. Because the MKC needs to distinguish itself from the Escape (top of the line for the Escape is the mid to high 30 thousand range). I priced out a fully loaded 2.0 Ecoboost MKC with nav system and AWD. The MSRP is $46.5k. The better engine would be over 50k. The 2.0 engine is 230hp and 270 torque (similar to the NX).

Styling wise there may be a huge difference. Lincoln has the winged grill that I think is ugly. They also like the bar of lights across the rear of the vehicle. What really gets me on the Lincoln, Ford Escape, Jeep Cherokee, and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is the gray plastic skid plate in the back. It is ugly where they are clashing the colors. If it was metal I could understand but it is just plastic.

Lincoln's customer base is more conservative than Lexus. Many Lincoln owners are former Ford owners that upgraded. Many also own Lincolns because they desire an American car. They have a lot of 55+ customers that have owned Fords, Mercury's, and Lincoln's for years.

Lexus is a hip state of the art brand. Many young people desire to own a Lexus as a hip status car.
Old 05-23-14, 07:37 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I was not the one mourning about my hate on a panoramic roof anyway.

Why? Because I'm debating MKC vs NX, you think I'm a Lexus hater? You got it all wrong, "my friend". I, for instance, have always objected to get any domestic car. However, I always go for the winner side!

Also, I have used intentionally Lincoln acronyms instead of spelling them out. You know them, great. You don't know them, do your own research. Life isn't just made with acronyms from Toyota and others such as Dual VVT-i, VTEC, and what not.
I AM the one hating those stupid roofs! One pic of the NX and accompanying info implied it was an option and not mandatory on NX!!! I sure hope so. The "Haters" like me are older people that heard all the stories about dead sunroofs(Usually open) and ones that needed constant lubrication with a special grease(Cadillac) At one time GM did NOT install sunroofs and sent them out for it as it was an option that few bought! Leaking water was the major problem; you just did NOT buy a sunroof in Seattle in the early days of them! FYI background for you all
Old 05-23-14, 07:42 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
I AM the one hating those stupid roofs! One pic of the NX and accompanying info implied it was an option and not mandatory on NX!!! I sure hope so. The "Haters" like me are older people that heard all the stories about dead sunroofs(Usually open) and ones that needed constant lubrication with a special grease(Cadillac) At one time GM did NOT install sunroofs and sent them out for it as it was an option that few bought! Leaking water was the major problem; you just did NOT buy a sunroof in Seattle in the early days of them! FYI background for you all
The Q5 offers a (pano) sunroof delete option on the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread