NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

4x4 vs 4x2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-17, 06:21 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Toymom
Oh no...so it is a manual lift gate!! I agree any Lexus should have a power lift as standard. Well, I might have to add that because like I said below, I'm short only 4'11" and that could be a problem......UGH!! back to the drawing board!!
Before you make a final decision, you might want to make a careful comparison of what features are available, both as standard and as options, on the NX and on the RAV4. There are some features that are standard on the RAV4 that are extra cost options on the NX, and there are others that are standard or optional on the RAV4 that aren't even available on the NX. Further, there are others that are supposed to be available on the NX, but Lexus doesn't seem inclined to include them on many NXs that it builds.

I know that, for me, while I really want to buy an NX for the added refinement and luxury that a Lexus offers, I'm getting frustrated by having difficulty finding an NX with the features that I want, and I'm having a hard time dismissing the RAV4 because of the availability of those features on the RAV4.
Old 03-28-17, 06:47 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lesz
Before you make a final decision, you might want to make a careful comparison of what features are available, both as standard and as options, on the NX and on the RAV4. There are some features that are standard on the RAV4 that are extra cost options on the NX, and there are others that are standard or optional on the RAV4 that aren't even available on the NX. Further, there are others that are supposed to be available on the NX, but Lexus doesn't seem inclined to include them on many NXs that it builds.

I know that, for me, while I really want to buy an NX for the added refinement and luxury that a Lexus offers, I'm getting frustrated by having difficulty finding an NX with the features that I want, and I'm having a hard time dismissing the RAV4 because of the availability of those features on the RAV4.
I get it...but I really don't want another RAV4...the one I have is the Limited so I guess that's why it has all the bells/whistles. I kept seeing "Power Back Door" in the Factory Options section, but thought it was a "special" kind of power door that would be extra. Anyway, it's an extra $4 a month for it, so I will just add it. Remember I am building this from the ground up, will place order then have to wait about 4 months to get it.