What color?

Old 03-27-17, 07:35 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by screen
Molten pearl is available on the F-sport in the US. Very few dealers stock them
Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Toymom, I'd be happy with MRM and creme interior. Unique combo not often seen in the Lexus lineup, let alone on an NX (or RX).
At first I didn't think I could order that orange color, but I just checked and I can.....but that is a little too much orange for me!! LOL!

I also just checked and saw that on the F sport model I can only choose between black or red interior. Soooo.... I guess my top picks would be the MRM w/black, the Atomic Silver w/red, or maybe the Ultra White w/red???
Old 03-27-17, 08:02 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I prefer the looks of the FSport model, so my choices where also a bit limited. I really like the MRM, and it would look awesome with a cream interior, but neither are available on an FSport. I also prefer metallic/pearl paint, so even though I like white cars, so Ultra White was not a consideration. For me it came down to Atomic Silver or Nebula Grey. I chose Nebula Grey because it was closer to the Smokey Granite Mica that I LOVED on my 2011 IS. I believe I might go with Atomic Silver if I had it to do over again. I really like the Roja Red interior, though.
Old 03-27-17, 01:24 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I prefer the looks of the FSport model, so my choices where also a bit limited. I really like the MRM, and it would look awesome with a cream interior, but neither are available on an FSport. I also prefer metallic/pearl paint, so even though I like white cars, so Ultra White was not a consideration. For me it came down to Atomic Silver or Nebula Grey. I chose Nebula Grey because it was closer to the Smokey Granite Mica that I LOVED on my 2011 IS. I believe I might go with Atomic Silver if I had it to do over again. I really like the Roja Red interior, though.
I guess I didn't realize the Ultra White was not pearlized. I had an '08 RX400h in the pearlized white, loved that color! Yeah, if it is not pearlized...than white is probably out. A fiend at work has the Nebula Grey, and I'm really not a fan (sorry).

Right now I'm looking at the F sport model, so it will probably be the MRM w/ black (ugh), or the Atomic Silver w/red. I still need to go look at them in person. The one thing nice about the MRM is there aren't as many around.
Old 03-27-17, 01:41 PM
IgoZoom99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toymom
Thinking of getting an NX, I have a white RAV4 now. I love white, but not sure I want another white car, I've had 4 now. The atomic silver is nice, but it seems like everyone has that color.

I work for Toyota so an associate lease is one of our benefits. So I get to order a new car every 3-4 years. Anyway, I'm thinking of an NX this time, maybe red with cream interior.
I think the Nebula Gray Pearl looks fantastic! I just bought a used 2016 F Sport in Obsidian (Black), but if I had bought new I would probably have chosen the Nebula Gray.

You also mentioned that everyone has Atomic Silver. What about the Shining Silver Metallic?
Old 03-27-17, 01:56 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by IgoZoom99
I think the Nebula Gray Pearl looks fantastic! I just bought a used 2016 F Sport in Obsidian (Black), but if I had bought new I would probably have chosen the Nebula Gray.

You also mentioned that everyone has Atomic Silver. What about the Shining Silver Metallic?
Yeah, not a fan of black, I mean it looks great when it new & clean, but then it just looks...eh... A friend has the Nebula Grey, don't really like that color either.

I have not seen the Shining Silver Metallic...seems like everyone has the Atomic Silver, that's kind of why I'm leaning towards the red.... ah, decisions, decisions!
Old 03-27-17, 02:10 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I guess I didn't realize the Ultra White was not pearlized. I had an '08 RX400h in the pearlized white, loved that color! Yeah, if it is not pearlized...than white is probably out. A fiend at work has the Nebula Grey, and I'm really not a fan (sorry).

Right now I'm looking at the F sport model, so it will probably be the MRM w/ black (ugh), or the Atomic Silver w/red. I still need to go look at them in person. The one thing nice about the MRM is there aren't as many around.
The Ultra White is metallic paint. I'm not sure whether it is a two stage metallic or a 3 stage pearl, but it definitely has white flakes in it.
Old 03-27-17, 02:18 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by lesz
The Ultra White is metallic paint. I'm not sure whether it is a two stage metallic or a 3 stage pearl, but it definitely has white flakes in it.
Ok, I'm going to have to check it out in person. If it is metallic...the white with red interior would look good. I really didn't want another white car, but I think white is such a sharp color!
Old 03-27-17, 03:39 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Red Fsport is rare and looks nice. I haven't seen many of those. I have an ultra white and while it looks great, the maintenance for white as you probably know, isn't fun.
Old 03-27-17, 04:18 PM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by aztr0
Red Fsport is rare and looks nice. I haven't seen many of those. I have an ultra white and while it looks great, the maintenance for white as you probably know, isn't fun.
Still undecided on the color. I love white...had a white Avalon, and an RX400h, and then the RAV4. I actually think darker colors are more high maintenance. Somebody on here said the red was hard to keep clean so that kind of worries me. I'm going to go see them in person before placing my order.
Old 03-27-17, 05:43 PM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Base is MRM with a black interior. I love that combination, plus I see very few in my area, which is a plus for me....
Old 03-27-17, 05:59 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

My experience has been that any of the darker colors are more work to keep clean. That includes the interior. We dislike the black interior on our Atomic Silver ES. We have found the Parchment and Creme interior colors to be easier to take care of. The Matador Red Mica is beautiful when clean. I was the one that griped about keeping the MRM clean, but I really I don't think it would be any harder than any other dark color though.
Old 03-27-17, 08:48 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I love white. The FSport ultra white is not boring white as the regular white. Clean and under sunlight it looks awesome....
Old 03-28-17, 02:04 AM
Toymom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ward6096
My experience has been that any of the darker colors are more work to keep clean. That includes the interior. We dislike the black interior on our Atomic Silver ES. We have found the Parchment and Creme interior colors to be easier to take care of. The Matador Red Mica is beautiful when clean. I was the one that griped about keeping the MRM clean, but I really I don't think it would be any harder than any other dark color though.
I have all black interior in my RAV4 and really don't like it, so I know what you mean. Problem is if I get the F Sport in red then I have to get all black inside..

GoHuskers, I love white too. Like I said this would make my 4th white car...but I'm going to have to check it out in person. The whites are different on the 200t and the F Sport.

I do want to thank ALL you guys for your input into my questions, you all have really helped me with decisions.....or now I'm just more confused than ever! LOL!

Last edited by Toymom; 03-28-17 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-28-17, 03:40 AM
IgoZoom99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have all black interior in my RAV4 and really don't like it, so I know what you mean. Problem is if I get the F Sport in red then I have to get all black inside..

GoHuskers, I love white too. Like I said this would make my 4th white car...but I'm going to have to check it out in person. The whites are different on the 200t and the F Sport.

I do want to thank ALL you guys for your input into my questions, you all have really helped me with decisions.....or now I'm just more confused than ever! LOL!
I didn't realize until you said this that you couldn't get the Rioja Red interior on the F-Sport with the Matador Red Mica or Molten Pearl (orange). All the other F-Sport exterior colors can have Black or Rioja Red. I think the Red looks awesome. I may be wrong, but once you see the F Sport in Ultra White (with the black grille, wheel arches and door mirrors), I think you'll be in love! =)
Old 03-28-17, 03:54 AM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IgoZoom99
I didn't realize until you said this that you couldn't get the Rioja Red interior on the F-Sport with the Matador Red Mica or Molten Pearl (orange). All the other F-Sport exterior colors can have Black or Rioja Red. I think the Red looks awesome. I may be wrong, but once you see the F Sport in Ultra White (with the black grille, wheel arches and door mirrors), I think you'll be in love! =)
I do agree the Ultra White with all the accents looks really good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What color?